Which Sport Has the Fittest Athletes?

This dude is weak too

eabbb68f4a7800e13f965292b0e8659b.jpg

Wasn't he on steroids?

Not exactly ... I can't do math and post at the same time it seems.

Marathon runners are a different breed, I'll admit, but a lot of runners are plenty strong, particularly in their legs. We used to get ragged on by the sprinters all the time, to the point where I finally decided to do squats with them and held my own. That quieted them down a fair bit.

Well as Blugold will say "strength is a relative term" hahaha im sure this 2x gold medalist is strong to someone, not me. His endurance is obviously on another level tho. Im just sayin my personal definition of fit requires a whole package, doesnt have to lift a 1000lbs but above average.
9824f56eadcb096072e70e26f6bb09a4.jpg

Im talking marathon runners guys, i didnt mean sprinters. Show me a 150 marathoner and then show me a 300lb bench and 420 squat lol wont happen
Damn, my wife runs marathons but can't do a pull up, but she's clearly more fit than me, that's rough...?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Usain Bolt is no weakling (he claims he can squat 700 lbs).
I bet he comes nowhere near 700lbs in reality.

Well as Blugold will say "strength is a relative term" hahaha im sure this 2x gold medalist is strong to someone, not me. His endurance is obviously on another level tho. Im just sayin my personal definition of fit requires a whole package, doesnt have to lift a 1000lbs but above average.
9824f56eadcb096072e70e26f6bb09a4.jpg
Well when we're considering the "fittest athletes", I'd say it's definitely a mix of strength and endurance. You have some on one end of the spectrum (weight lifters), with others on the other end (endurance athletes). Good thought exercise, and definitely shows our own biases on the issue ... though it pained me to say soccer players should be considered since I've always viewed them as prima donna's.

We are dealing in the extremes here.

Olympic lifters and the like are very very strong, but probably lacking big time in cardio compared to Marathon runners.

Marathon runners are very fit aerobically, but are way weaker than the Lifter.

I think the answer to the original question is what sports blend the two the best. Who is really strong but also has great cardio. Who is the most well rounded. I would personally lean towards the guy who is heavier on cardio as "more fit", but that is my own bias.

That is my thoughts anyway.

Well when we're considering the "fittest athletes", I'd say it's definitely a mix of strength and endurance. You have some on one end of the spectrum (weight lifters), with others on the other end (endurance athletes). Good thought exercise, and definitely shows our own biases on the issue ... though it pained me to say soccer players should be considered since I've always viewed them as prima donna's.
Bahahaha i wasnt going to go down the soccer route, i mean futbol.

... though it pained me to say soccer players should be considered since I've always viewed them as prima donna's.

How so? They jog around and fake injuries most of the game. :alien:

How so? They jog around and fake injuries most of the game. :alien:
They're not fake injuries dude, its that miracle spray they bring out that cures everything on contact haha. Even effective for vaginitis

Ok back on topic......

I'd have to imagine that someone like Conor McGregor could reasonably be considered the fittest individual on the planet. Mix of strength and stamina for sure.

I'd have to imagine that someone like Conor McGregor could reasonably be considered the fittest individual on the planet. Mix of strength and stamina for sure.
I can get down with that. Id never want to piss someone like that off.

We are dealing in the extremes here.

Olympic lifters and the like are very very strong, but probably lacking big time in cardio compared to Marathon runners.

Marathon runners are very fit aerobically, but are way weaker than the Lifter.

I think the answer to the original question is what sports blend the two the best. Who is really strong but also has great cardio. Who is the most well rounded. I would personally lean towards the guy who is heavier on cardio as "more fit", but that is my own bias.

That is my thoughts anyway.
https://youtu.be/En1RBBzQZoA

How is this not a combination of both. This topic has been all over the place, but I believe the question was which sport was the fittest athletes, how are these athletes not in there.

*Disclaimer: I really don't like crossfit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Soccer players are not fit. Not even close. Their injury rates are so damn high. They're frail.

This thread is up there with the funniest **** I have ever read on the internet.
Kudos to the OP.

Soccer players are not fit. Not even close. Their injury rates are so damn high. They're frail.

You are kidding right?

You understand the term fit correct?

You are kidding right?
Nope. Soccer had one of the highest injury rates of any sport. Yes, they run a lot. And fast. But they're frail. If your only criteria of fitness is running for a long time, then soccer players are very fit.

I am a huge fan if soccer. This is not me hating on the sport.

This logic is ****ing hysterical.
By that logic, those with less movement will ALWAYS be more fit.

My goodness. John Daly is way more fit than all of those professional soccer players, because he sits a lot.

Nope. Soccer had one of the highest injury rates of any sport. Yes, they run a lot. And fast. But they're frail. If your only criteria of fitness is running for a long time, then soccer players are very fit.

But how many were real injuries...hmmmm?

flopping_soccer.jpg

Do they really get hurt more, or just complain about being hurt more?

I have no idea, I don't watch it.

giphy.gif

But how many were real injuries...hmmmm?
The injury rate per 1000 hours of exposure is exceptionally high. I'll find the study.

I'm not sure if I should dip in, but here goes.

My personal definition of fitness is a balance of strength and endurance. To use some of the frequently used examples in here, Olympic lifters are likely skewed towards strength, marathoners skewed towards endurance. I would view the sport with the "most fit athletes" as the sport than balances both the best. Therefore, I'd hypothesize:

-Boxers/MMA Fighters/Martial Artists
-Swimmers
-Mountain Bikers
-Skiers

Just my thoughts.

Back