PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Kicking this thread back to the top to see if anyone has given the Kushin C a test drive. I have 25+ rounds in with it so far and it has become the most reliable club in my bag, no contest. I plan on posting a more in depth review of my "long term" testing after I play again this weekend, including my move to a shorter playing length recently which was as easy as a few screw turns while at the practice green. Looking forward to seeing who converted to the center shaft setup.

I really like the look and feel of the Kushin C but have not pulled the trigger. Currently bag Sigma G and still like it, but cover the C...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arna:

Spent a few more hours this week with the Arna and the putt out trainer. Really starting to dial in the 8-10 ft range. I’ve messed around with the height quite a bit from 34-35.5 in ranges. The dial system is still working well. still solid and not at all loose. My only complaint is that it can bit a bit of a pain to get the key in perfectly because you can’t actually see the screw head. I will say that I probably need to get this putter bent about 2 deg flatter and will get that done in the spring since I am tending to pull the ball left of the hole quite a bit and my normal gamer is bent 2 deg flat as well.

Arna:

Swung by the big GG at lunch to do some further testing at long distance. Took about 60 putts at 40-50 ft. Half with the Sigma Arna and the other with the same BB60 vault 2.0 I’ve been testing against. With the Sigma the ball just rolls so well and I wanted to test out the long putts so I’d have to give a strong hit. While my grouping was tighter with the BB60 (I hit it second), the roll was more consistent stroke to stroke with the Sigma. With the BB60 the ball was skipping and jumping a bit on the initial roll while the Arna just felt so smooth and effortless to get it out to full distance.

I have been rolling the Fetch. As so many have said, it puts an incredible roll on the ball. Feels great, too.

Arna: still rolling this inside with the putt-out and loving the consistent feel. Definitely going to get it bent 2 deg flatter come spring as I think that probably be the change needed to bag it. What I did notice is that Bubba made the switch this weekend also and playing the Arna with an armlock setup and practicing with Bryson. Found the below in an article when i googled it.

“At the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open, Watson used a Ping Anser putter head with 5 degrees of loft, 1 degree flat, and 365 grams of total weight, according to Ping representative. As of Wednesday at the 2019 Genesis Open, Watson was also trying a Ping Sigma 2 Arna Stealth mallet putter with the same 21-inch Ping grip, along with the Anser-style head he played previously.”

Has anyone given the Valor some time? Rolling it indoors was very impressive. It’s not pretty but it’s extremely easy to align, feels soft and easy to swing. I liked the Fetch too except for a little bit of a ting sound when struck. The Valor didn’t have that.

Can you order a Fetch without an adjustable shaft?

Wow is this insert soft feeling. Rolled one next to a Vault 2.0(milled) and previous Sigma G(which I have never missed a putt with). Compared to prevois model this one has a much deeper tone to it and feels fantastic.

Wow is this insert soft feeling. Rolled one next to a Vault 2.0(milled) and previous Sigma G(which I have never missed a putt with). Compared to prevois model this one has a much deeper tone to it and feels fantastic.

For me, second best insert feel and insert roll out there, and first among major OEM’s.

It’s why I tried to scream from the rooftops about the feel and roll on this one during review. It’s so so so legit.

For me, second best insert feel and insert roll out there, and first among major OEM’s.

It’s why I tried to scream from the rooftops about the feel and roll on this one during review. It’s so so so legit.

Felt so damn good. I've been eyeing a vault 2.0, but man I'm considering going this route.

I have the the Sigma 2 ARNA and I really, really like it. I used to use the Odyssey line, which are good, but totally different feel. I play it at 33.5 which I would have never tried without the adjustable grip. Great feature.

Can you order a Fetch without an adjustable shaft?
Sigma G?

Why would you want to unless it's significantly cheaper?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sigma G?

Why would you want to unless it's significantly cheaper?

Because of wanting a different grip, it makes sense.

Felt so damn good. I've been eyeing a vault 2.0, but man I'm considering going this route.

And the finish in hand is super clean to boot.

I’d definitely approve your ponder here haha

The insert is the real deal. I have about 35 rounds with my Kushin C at this point and I cannot say enough about the roll and distance control. Two of my regular playing partners bought a putter from the Sigma 2 line after hitting mine. It’s that good.

Because of wanting a different grip, it makes sense.
I didn't consider the grip. Is it impossible to change them without screwing it up? I mean, I have one, but I've never considered changing the grip because my son snagged it for his bag.

I didn't consider the grip. Is it impossible to change them without screwing it up? I mean, I have one, but I've never considered changing the grip because my son snagged it for his bag.

They are quality grips and with my frequency of rounds I would imagine it would last me quite a while. I’d be curious to see if a local shop would be easily able to change the grip without damaging the mechanism.

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Check this video out I just watched because like you all I was curious.

[video=youtube_share;YyNeT0-VBAQ]https://youtu.be/YyNeT0-VBAQ[/video]

Check this video out I just watched because like you all I was curious.

Thanks! I just watched that and it does answer alot of questions. I guess the shaft is a smaller butt shaft than "normal" and the plastic sleeve is ~.600". I might end up regripping it later if the boy decides to go another direction.

This line impressed me today. I had not seen Ping's new releases and rolled a couple Sigma's without having read about or heard of them before. I was pleasantly surprised by combination of face and insert - I could game one of these easily. There is a TON of value packed into a $199 MSRP here, as I think these putters would go toe to toe with $300 even $500 putters easily.

Big time leader in the clubhouse after rolling a few different options. May be hard to say no; this thread is on my bedtime reading list.

Big time leader in the clubhouse after rolling a few different options. May be hard to say no; this thread is on my bedtime reading list.

you and me both. Face feels so good.

I have yet to find any reason why this putter shouldn't be in my bag(and it is). Th adjustability is nice to get it set up right but where it really shines is the roll. I've almost completely eliminated my predominant miss, a few feet short of the hole, just because of the steady roll I get.

I have yet to find any reason why this putter shouldn't be in my bag(and it is). Th adjustability is nice to get it set up right but where it really shines is the roll. I've almost completely eliminated my predominant miss, a few feet short of the hole, just because of the steady roll I get.

Thanks for not helping my wallet hahah

Seriously, thx for the feedback. I especially liked the roll too

Back