Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of adjustability in putters, because it allows you to fine tune length. I'm especially interested because I feel like it's almost impossible to find a 33" putter to test in some styles in a lot of stores.

I know PING has had an adjustable length putter in the past, but this mechanism looks a whole lot better. This looks a nice offering.
    Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
    Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
    Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
    Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
    Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
    Putter: Stroke Lab Three
    Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by mpeterson View Post
      I like the idea of adjustability in putters, because it allows you to fine tune length. I'm especially interested because I feel like it's almost impossible to find a 33" putter to test in some styles in a lot of stores.

I know PING has had an adjustable length putter in the past, but this mechanism looks a whole lot better. This looks a nice offering.
      I asked this to a retailer recently and wanted to pose it here too. Is this fixing a problem that may not really exist? PING says too many golfers are playing the wrong length, which I can support, but does this fix that?
      I view it as a GREAT way to make it easier on retailers in terms of carrying less lengths though.
      In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
      Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
      Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
      Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
      Fairway Wood:
      5 Wood
      Hybrids: Launcher HB
      Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
      Wedges:
      CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
      Putter: EXO Stroke Lab Marxman
      Balls:
      Chrome Soft X

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        I asked this to a retailer recently and wanted to pose it here too. Is this fixing a problem that may not really exist? PING says too many golfers are playing the wrong length, which I can support, but does this fix that?
        I view it as a GREAT way to make it easier on retailers in terms of carrying less lengths though.
        Thatís the thing though, it makes it easy to get the right fit, we all know consumers like easy. So maybe this helps get more people properly fit, if nothing else it gets people better fit for their putter.
        In My 2018 #TheGrandaddy
        Alpha Convoy cart bag:
        Driver: Epic Flash
        FW: Epic Flash 3w
        Hybrids: Big Bertha 3/4/5 Recoil ZT9 F4
        Irons: Big Bertha 5-AW Recoil ZT9 F4
        Wedges: 2019 PM Grind 54į Recoil 95 F3
        Putter: Stroke Lab 2 Ball Fang OR Stroke Lab EXO 2 Ball
        Ball: ERC Soft

Comment

I don't think it fixes it, but we do know that adjustability sells. People will still probably end up playing the wrong length, but maybe now they tinker?

Then again, how many conversations have we had on if people ACTUALLY use adjustability, or if it just sells?
          WITB:
          TaylorMade
          - M6 9.0 -
          UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
          TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
          PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
          Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
          Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
          SWAG
          - Tour Proto Savage Too -
          Center-Shaft 373g
          Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

Totally - cuts the stocked SKUs way down !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            and THP, thank you so much - cannot wait to carry on THE REAL Tradition Unlike Any Other:
            The Freaking #grandaddy2019 !!!

Hybrid: Rocket launcher from all lies, jailbreak goodness.
            Irons: Something from the mad scientists in Doc Hock's R&D labs.
            Wedges: OH PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THEM BE FORGED
            Putter: Whatever the hell Luke and Sean tell me to use.
            Ball: This could be interesting.

Huge thanks to THP and for the incredible irons and shafts from #shaftup 3 - fitting and build by the amazing Danny Le. Game and life changing experience.

Comment

How does one know they are playing the wrong length? I do agree it could be great for retailers to carry less inventory. That being said you need a tool to adjust. Odds are that tool isn't going to be available at the retail level for people to play with themselves. So how does that work exactly?
              F9 - THCE "The One"
              F9 fwy 3/4, 5/6 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70s
              King F9 4i - KBS C-Taper Lite
              King Forged CB/MB Flow Set 5-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105X
              King Black Wedges 54V, 58WL

Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by dazeedmonds View Post
                That’s the thing though, it makes it easy to get the right fit, we all know consumers like easy. So maybe this helps get more people properly fit, if nothing else it gets people better fit for their putter.
                Does it make it easier? Or does it allow people to tinker with length?

Originally posted by jdtox View Post
                How does one know they are playing the wrong length? I do agree it could be great for retailers to carry less inventory. That being said you need a tool to adjust. Odds are that tool isn't going to be available at the retail level for people to play with themselves. So how does that work exactly?
                I think many retailers will have the tool available honestly.

Driver:
                Fairway Wood:
                5 Wood
                Wedges:
                Balls:
                Chrome Soft X

Comment

I think itís more the latter for me. I know what length I play and now Iím more likely to be able to buy that off the rack in more styles.

I kind of feel like PING as a brand leans towards the folks who are going to do at least a basic fitting so not sure this does a ton to help the former, but I think it will help a bit by providing the option.
                  Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                  Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                  Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                  Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                  Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                  Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                  Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

I guess that would be the hope but I don't see any adjustment tools readily available for me to adjust the settings on drivers at the local shops. Always have to get someone to help, at least around here anyways.
                    F9 - THCE "The One"
                    F9 fwy 3/4, 5/6 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70s
                    King F9 4i - KBS C-Taper Lite
                    King Forged CB/MB Flow Set 5-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105X
                    King Black Wedges 54V, 58WL

Newport 2

Comment

Judging by the article, I think this implementation is much better than the one they had about 5-6 years ago. This looks way cleaner. I was a fan of the Sigma G insert, so these do have my interest.
                      Want to know what's in my FlexTech Bag Here ya go!

Cortex w/Aldila Rogue Silver 125 Stiff
                      G410 5 wood
                      Steelhead XR Heavenwood
                      Apex 4 & 5 hybrid
                      Apex '19 Combo 6-AW w/Catalyst 100 6.0
                      New Level M-Type 56 & 60
                      Spider X

Comment

I'm going to have to looking into the grip options as I'm thinking a new Tyne 4 may be in my bag soon.
                        Epic Flash Driver
                        EpicFairway
                        PTX 22~46 Irons
                        Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 58 Wedges
                        Monterey 1.5 35" Putter

Comment

I think both really. Tinkering type people are going to tinker, but those that donít tinker and donít think much about fit of their clubs will have an opportunity to see how proper fitting helps.
                          In My 2018 #TheGrandaddy
                          Alpha Convoy cart bag:

Comment

Originally posted by dazeedmonds View Post
                            I think both really. Tinkering type people are going to tinker, but those that don’t tinker and don’t think much about fit of their clubs will have an opportunity to see how proper fitting helps.
                            I suppose that is the case. I guess my view is if one is going to get fit for length a putter, this doesn't change much.
                            With that said, I thought it was the best application of adjustability I had seen to date in this area. You cannot even tell its adjustable by looking at it at all.

Driver:
                            Fairway Wood:
                            5 Wood
                            Wedges:
                            Balls:
                            Chrome Soft X

Comment

I suppose that is the case. I guess my view is if one is going to get fit for length a putter, this doesn't change much.
                              With that said, I thought it was the best application of adjustability I had seen to date in this area. You cannot even tell its adjustable by looking at it at all.
                              I think the fact thatís hidden wont hurt them either.

Donít get me wrong, I donít think is going to completely alter the fitting landscape as it sits today. I do think that more than a few people will get the length adjusted, assuming the local big boxes have someone that willing to say ďhey, we can adjust the length on that in just few minutes if you want it longer/shorterĒ.
                              In My 2018 #TheGrandaddy
                              Alpha Convoy cart bag:

Comment

I think this is a brilliant idea as long as it does not impact the feel. If executed correctly this could be a big win for Ping. I like the color profiles as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver: Cobra King F9 speedback 10.5* driver (yellow), tour length UST Helium 5F4 stiff shaft
                                Fairway: Cobra King F9 speedback 3-4 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
                                Cobra King F9 speedback 5-6 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
                                Cobra King F9 speedback 7-8 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
                                Irons: Cobra Forged TEC Black 5i-GW. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shafts.
                                Wedges: Cobra King black wedge 54* (bent to 55*), Versatile grind. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft.
                                Cobra King black wedge 58* (bent to 59*), Versatile grind. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft.
                                Putter: Odyssey Exo 7 counterbalanced
                                Ball: ProV1x / TP5 / Snell MTB.

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X