PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Definitely a cool story here...will have to check these out in store and hopefully demo the adjustment tech.

The adjustable length is cool. But I really want to try the dual durometer face. That intrigues me the most. In Anser style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like what they've done here. I really liked being able to adjust my Scottsdale TR, but the way it adjusted wasn't the best and the screw fell out somewhere along the way so I haven't been playing it. I like the sounds of everything they've done here. I'm going to have to try these, especially the kushin C.

The adjustable part doesn’t necessarily get me going but I might like the flare that the blue accents bring to the putters. Also might like the Tyne 4.

I legit just want the fetch so i can be super lazy....

you can judge haha

Stay tuned this coming week THPers as we are going to bring some Of this community along with staff to review this line.

Stay tuned this coming week THPers as we are going to bring some Of this community along with staff to review this line.

Well that’s highly exciting!

Niice!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5b33dfe357cc58f970a6f948fb4c8943.jpg

interesting pattern on those grips

ping needs to stop trying to make fetch (Fetsch?) happen though

Last edited:
I really like those colors!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

interesting pattern on those grips

ping needs to stop trying to make fetch (Fetsch?) happen though

You can’t sit with us!

Not sure if this is just my mind playing tricks on me what but I swear this shaft feels like its flexing when putting. You can give it the ol waggle test and I swear it's like I cut down a senior shaft and put it in there.

Again idk if its just me or if it's something to do with how the adjustable length shaft works.

Tried it in 2 or 3 different models and felt the same thing on all of them.

It's not as bad (that's how they're supposed to be) as the Orange Putter training aid but it feels loose and flexible.

For reference, I was using them at a normal 35" length.

My running theory without knowing anything about the putters. There's 2 shafts, one inside the other and as it gets longer, there's less contact points inside the shaft so it can start to flex and bend at the insertion point. When it gets shorter, there's more of the "top shaft" inside so it feels more stable. I don't know how these are made or how they adjust because I haven't been following along with these much but that's my theory for why it feels loose and wobbly as it gets longer.

I could and most likely am, absolutely wrong about how they adjust but I'm interested to hear people's thoughts when these get released.

Not sure if this is just my mind playing tricks on me what but I swear this shaft feels like its flexing when putting. You can give it the ol waggle test and I swear it's like I cut down a senior shaft and put it in there.

Again idk if its just me or if it's something to do with how the adjustable length shaft works.

Interesting. THe waggle test sure feels that way, but when putting I didnt notice much difference.

Interesting. THe waggle test sure feels that way, but when putting I didnt notice much difference.
I edited quite a bit to my original post with my theory on why it feels that way. I think it's more mental when actually putting than it really flexing.

It's not as bad (that's how they're supposed to be) as the Orange Putter training aid but it feels loose and flexible.

For reference, I was using them at a normal 35" length.

My running theory without knowing anything about the putters. There's 2 shafts, one inside the other and as it gets longer, there's less contact points inside the shaft so it can start to flex and bend at the insertion point. When it gets shorter, there's more of the "top shaft" inside so it feels more stable. I don't know how these are made or how they adjust because I haven't been following along with these much but that's my theory for why it feels loose and wobbly as it gets longer.

I could and most likely am, absolutely wrong about how they adjust but I'm interested to hear people's thoughts when these get released.

Your theory makes sense and that is why we test the gear. An interesting side note is that while most heads have gotten heavier, we have seen new items such as the Stability Shaft, the item coming from Odyssey and other items come in to make things more stable. This, in theory takes some of that away.

Your theory makes sense and that is why we test the gear. An interesting side note is that while most heads have gotten heavier, we have seen new items such as the Stability Shaft, the item coming from Odyssey and other items come in to make things more stable. This, in theory takes some of that away.

It'll be interesting for sure to see what the general consumer thinks. I am a club building nerd so I really pay attention to swing weights and shaft frequency and all of the stuff that an average Joe never even thinks about.

Personally, with that feeling I got from the putters I most likely wouldn't use one but it is absolutely incredible in terms of putter fittings at stores so I will be around them and using them every single day.

It'll be interesting for sure to see what the general consumer thinks. I am a club building nerd so I really pay attention to swing weights and shaft frequency and all of the stuff that an average Joe never even thinks about.

Personally, with that feeling I got from the putters I most likely wouldn't use one but it is absolutely incredible in terms of putter fittings at stores so I will be around them and using them every single day.

I've been told that the Sigma 2 putters will also be available with a fixed length shaft if preferred - although that may be a custom order.

Released today right? Anyone go get one? I’m thinking of it tomorrow possibly.... depends on how much I get for trade in stiff haha

I just picked up the anser about 20 minutes ago. I had it on order i was going to get the vault but decided to try this. I am putting in my office with it and so far i really like it. In reading the comments above it does feel super flexible when you waggle it. I have not noticed any of that when putting. Super easy to adjust the length also. Looking forward to getting it out this weekend.

Attachments

• sigma3.jpg
    sigma3.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 2
  • sigma2.jpg
    sigma2.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 2
  • sigma1.jpg
    sigma1.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 2
I just picked up the anser about 20 minutes ago. I had it on order i was going to get the vault but decided to try this. I am putting in my office with it and so far i really like it. In reading the comments above it does feel super flexible when you waggle it. I have not noticed any of that when putting. Super easy to adjust the length also. Looking forward to getting it out this weekend.

Keep us in the loop how you like it

can you share the stimp reading on your office carpet so help me understand the distance control performance better? Just kidding. Thanks for the great photos. Super sharp looking flat stick.

can you share the stimp reading on your office carpet so help me understand the distance control performance better? Just kidding. Thanks for the great photos. Super sharp looking flat stick.

It is fast today lol.

Rolled a few today.... really enjoyed it. Didn't think about looking out for the "flexing" mentioned earlier, but don't remember noticing anything too different. Face felt great. Soft, but very responsive and great sound. I think it felt way better than the the Exo indy and rossie.

will it be my first ping putter ever?

Back