2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

Shipment notification, should be here Monday.

Shipment notification, should be here Monday.

giphy.gif

Spent some more time last night getting some putts in with the EXO Seven S. Can definitely feel the face is a little hotter as putts seemed to roll quicker and my misses were a little further past the hole vs my SL Seven S. Once I got the hang of the speed adjustment, it was working very well for me. I'm a big fan of the "industrial" look with the bars that run along the back of the club, kind of looks like giant steel beams that are just painted red. Head is a tad larger than the SL version, but nothing that bothers me either, I can see myself going back and forth between the two depending on the time of day playing and if we got rain the night prior.

Had a lot of close putts today. Not great greens, but pace was still on point. Tech continues to impress.

Just

Got

Real

b4d45852601abb1e99614d5510ba88ce.jpg

0ee60894d0952c1e297f867208d09fa4.jpg

Just

Got

Real

That’s looks sweet and makes me super jealous. You’ll have some fun testing that out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best exo model hands down. You’ll love it Roger

Best exo model hands down. You’ll love it Roger

It is strange, the 7 has never really been a model I like, but a little smaller and the bar at the back and I am all in. Hoping to get out and roll a few today, but might not be able to until tomorrow. Sets up nicely and dang near stuck it in the puttout first try.

Just

Got

Real

So it looks similar to a scotty 5.5 basically? That is sweet! except the double bend shaft I dont' like that

So it looks similar to a scotty 5.5 basically? That is sweet! except the double bend shaft I dont' like that

Having had both of the putters in the post I can tell you the mini was a little small width wise but similar in size front to back.

The headcover gives me Big Van Vader from WWE vibes.

Alright, quick initial thoughts from the 40 or so rolls on the practice green:

The headcover is so high quality it is crazy. Metallic finish on the swirl and EXO up top and really well made.

Look is great, the 3 lines (1 on the top and the 2 on the sides of the wings) make it easy to line up (much like the tuttle).

Sound is kind of clickier than the tuttle even though they have the same face. I got up to speed with it really quickly and really really enjoyed it really really fast.

Right now it is the clear winner over the Tuttle (and I love the Tuttle), but think there are 3 reasons for that:

1) it is new...
2) it is an inch shorter than my tuttle and just fits my setup a bit better
3) I like the grip I have on it better (Flatso 1.0 vs FlatCat Fat installed sideways)

Will get them out side by side this weekend to get a little more comparison, but overall I am SO impressed with this EXO 7 Mini it is crazy.

Need to find a 2-ball to demo.

Rolled another 30-40 putts at 4-6 feet last night, really getting then hang of this club and just love looking down at it. Something about the black and red screams confidence to me, and having the white sight lines pop add to that, especially with making sure I am lined up correctly.

Don’t do it. It’s ugly

Hahaha, it's not my favorite 2-ball ever but I enjoyed it at ECPC when I tried it...and I think I sank every putt I tried with it so...

Are you more of an R-ball guy? :angel:

Hahaha, it's not my favorite 2-ball ever but I enjoyed it at ECPC when I tried it...and I think I sank every putt I tried with it so...

Are you more of an R-ball guy? :angel:

I have the exo 7 mini and love it.

It sure how much longer I’ll be able to hold out on the EXO Marxman

False. I have the EXO 7 mini and I love it...lol

Keep talking. Just make sure it makes the flight home next week

Back