Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

king_black_tec_one_length_grass.jpg

definitely gorgeous!

Wow! I don't know of any iron hotter looking than these.

You could be right about blue grips but that's an easy change.

I'm starting to think I should have gone with blue grips.

I was thinking that red grips would look really great with the black shaft and head. A couple of the Cobra Connect styles are also made in red by Lamkin but not one of the Connect options.

I’m sure you could ask for a change since they haven’t put them on your clubs yet :alien:

I'm gonna be honest, I've considered it =)

I was thinking that red grips would look really great with the black shaft and head. A couple of the Cobra Connect styles are also made in red by Lamkin but not one of the Connect options.

Hmm..

I didn't see red grips offered or I would have gotten them instead of the blue

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

These look sweet ... I could be tempted... Love the red stripe look.

Any idea if they scuff up ???
Black stuff usually does

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Black stuff usually does

The finish on the irons doesn’t scuff. The DBM (diamonized black metal) finish keeps them from scuffing.

The finish on the irons doesn’t scuff. The DBM (diamonized black metal) finish keeps them from scuffing.
Nice, very very nice

After seeing these again yesterday in person I cannot wait to get them in the bag. I have always wanted a set of dark irons but knowing they never wore well in the past was a big deterrent. The fact that these wear so well is huge bonus!

Black stuff usually does

THE DBM Finish is supposed to hold up since the metal is actually black not just painted or coated.
Atleast that's my understanding of the process and I'm sure someone smarter will be along.

I am Looking forward to getting these clubs onto the course.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

The finish is a huge selling point imo and should be. Reviewing the wedges now and it's (the finish) been pretty bulletproof so far.

I'm still in the middle of my great iron debate and am looking to make a move within the next two weeks. I went to the range today and my trail elbow soreness returned but the only time I felt it was with a steel shaft. The Recoil graphite shafts are only $100 more for these irons. How many will be playing these in graphite? Am I wrong to think this could help with some of the elbow soreness? I don't know for sure until hitting them if I would go one length or not.

I'm still in the middle of my great iron debate and am looking to make a move within the next two weeks. I went to the range today and my trail elbow soreness returned but the only time I felt it was with a steel shaft. The Recoil graphite shafts are only $100 more for these irons. How many will be playing these in graphite? Am I wrong to think this could help with some of the elbow soreness? I don't know for sure until hitting them if I would go one length or not.

I selected the Forged TEC Black (5-PW) with the Smacwrap Black. Haven't yet seen them in person yet but very excited with my selection. Just remember to test the shafts if you can or check out the recommended shaft chart for the SmacWrap on UST SITE for your swing speed. Because they area little lighter than my current graphite (UST Recoil 95 F3) which resulted in moving to an F4 flex from F3 (hard-stepped) which was also recommended by Danny Le @ UST. The UST Recoil shafts are a premier graphite shaft and multiple threads on the Smacwrap and Recoils on the forums. A quick search will locate them.

Best of luck but for someone with history of tennis elbow, graphite was the solution.

I selected the Forged TEC Black (5-PW) with the Smacwrap Black. Haven't yet seen them in person yet but very excited with my selection. Just remember to test the shafts if you can or check out the recommended shaft chart for the SmacWrap on UST SITE for your swing speed. Because they area little lighter than my current graphite (UST Recoil 95 F3) which resulted in moving to an F4 flex from F3 (hard-stepped) which was also recommended by Danny Le @ UST. The UST Recoil shafts are a premier graphite shaft and multiple threads on the Smacwrap and Recoils on the forums. A quick search will locate them.

Best of luck but for someone with history of tennis elbow, graphite was the solution.

Thanks for responding. I'm up for whatever helps me play better and the chart says F4 for my swing speed. May go up one because of it being graphite. I have to assume the durability of the shafts shouldn't be an issue at this point in technology. I just wonder if I can justify the price difference for these vs the FG Tour V6 or the i200. I do know I'm not with the Apex even if I go with G400/G700.

Thanks for responding. I'm up for whatever helps me play better and the chart says F4 for my swing speed. May go up one because of it being graphite. I have to assume the durability of the shafts shouldn't be an issue at this point in technology. I just wonder if I can justify the price difference for these vs the FG Tour V6 or the i200. I do know I'm not with the Apex even if I go with G400/G700.

As a graphite user for more than 2 years, I have found that you don't need to go up a flex (stiffer) because they are graphite, UST and Aerotech (previous graphite shafts) are true to flex. The technology in the shafts is so good nowadays that they match up very close if not identical to their steel counterparts based on the weight/swingspeed recommendations of the manufacturers. Just my 2 cents.

I am 48 and I have had both rotator cuffs fixed.
Swinging the clubs as much as I do in a round (95-105), In testing My shoulders didn't ache as much with the Recoils compared to the KBS 90s steel I was fitted for. . I am switching to all Graphite something I swore I would never do but reality and old age/Arthritis have made me see the error of my ways. I'm going all-in on Graphite. with my Morgan cup set.

I play all graphite now and will be doing the same with my MC selections. I have really small, bony, weak wrists. Any miss hit and even some solid contact can result in mild wrist sprains for me with steel. Seriously, they are that bad. I sometimes incur minor wrist sprains by jerking open heavy doors too fast.

My hands are not real meaty either and when I first started playing my hands and wrists would ache bad enough for 3 days after 1 bucket of balls that I could not play again for that long.

I tried some graphite club last at quick fitting a local pro did for me and went straight home and ordered some used clubs with graphite. I now have no issues at all playing everyday all day. Now my body will be tired after extended range sessions and such but I am no longer in pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

I play all graphite now and will be doing the same with my MC selections. I have really small, bony, weak wrists. Any miss hit and even some solid contact can result in mild wrist sprains for me with steel. Seriously, they are that bad. I sometimes incur minor wrist sprains by jerking open heavy doors too fast.

My hands are not real meaty either and when I first started playing my hands and wrists would ache bad enough for 3 days after 1 bucket of balls that I could not play again for that long.

I tried some graphite club last at quick fitting a local pro did for me and went straight home and ordered some used clubs with graphite. I now have no issues at all playing everyday all day. Now my body will be tired after extended range sessions and such but I am no longer in pain.

So your all good now? Graphite made that much of a difference?

I don't have any issues with size and strength... not a huge guy, but 6'1" 200lbs Exercise a lot and stay in good shape. Driver club head speed is about 100-105. My big concern is a durability and not being able to practice whenever I want. These irons look great and the one length is yet to be determined but I don't want the really strong lofts if ball height is going to be an issue. I'd rather suck it up, get something 33-35 degrees in a seven iron and play small ball knowing I can hit my hybrids as far as I would possibly need to reach any par 4 distance wise in 2 and possibly par 5s as well. With that being said, I'd almost have to force myself to have variable length in the 8-GW because that's the part of my game I am best at.

So your all good now? Graphite made that much of a difference?

Oh yeah it was night and day difference. Graphite just doesn’t have the vibration through it at impact of steel. At least it doesn’t for me.

Back