Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

So, first, a big "I hate you...but not really..." to Budget Golf. 4-PW of the 585's shipped for 594 this weekend ended up me clicking order before I realized what was really happening. That is not just cheap, its absurdly cheap for a brand new release iron set.

I'm on a kick where I want a more GI leaning set to have in the backup bag and also for winter golf, so I guess this fits that bill. Though honest truth, my #2 bag's parents want to buy him irons so I probably end up selling him these for what I paid because the deal is better than the HS pricing we can get, which is wild. But, I'll tinker with them first, of course, LOL

That price is insane.

I can't believe the price on those. Also with the modus 105s as the stock shaft it's pretty much a no brainer. The 585s I think are some of the most playable irons for any skill level.

Does Budget Golf have the naming correct for Srixon irons? Everything I see on there in steel shafts is either 565 or 765. Though they have the pictures right. Sounds like you got a mispriced set cause someone messed up. LOL!

Nope they really were the 585s being advertised, my guess is a return that weren't played with. Or they just were an insane black Friday sale.

Nope they really were the 585s being advertised, my guess is a return that weren't played with. Or they just were an insane black Friday sale.

So they don’t have any of the 85 series with steel shafts on their website. So odd considering how popular they are.

So they don’t have any of the 85 series with steel shafts on their website. So odd considering how popular they are.

Sold all the steel sets.

And the buy was legit, they shipped today. Pics wed or thurs.

Had them in my cart as well in lefty. Wanted to think about it. They are gone. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had them in my cart as well in lefty. Wanted to think about it. They are gone. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CRAZY deal, I'm shocked they lasted as long as they did. I wish they'd had the 785's at this price, but, I couldn't resist even the 585's at that number for 7 clubs.

0cba399a8098eab95d8b2283318201e4.jpg

d59876b59cc13a94902796fee211838c.jpg

Yeah, legit deal. All new in plastic.

I am a big fan of these so far. Looking forward to your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy! One of the better feeling irons I've hit to date.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I continue to fall in love with these irons every round. Such a great feel and sound when well hit.

Did they come with the stock Modus 105 shafts?

Really looking forward to the compare of u85 and 585 in four iron. These sets blend so well.

Did they come with the stock Modus 105 shafts?

Stock modus 105 is such a money pairing. I don’t have it thanks to TT giving me the hookup at Ultimate Weekend but I love modus 105s.

They are long!!! They feel good, consistent distances when I was on monitor last weekend. They will be in the bag in December.

They are long, about a 1/2 club longer than like club in their class. Not as long as my forgedtecs but longer than the 716s I sold.

Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

Yesssiiiirrrrrrr

When I first saw that deal I had the set sitting in my cart all Friday night, kinda bummed I didn’t pull the trigger lol. That set under $600 is highway robbery.

When I first saw that deal I had the set sitting in my cart all Friday night, kinda bummed I didn’t pull the trigger lol. That set under $600 is highway robbery.

Seeing Jman's photos, I'm kinda regretting not pulling the trigger too. They look so good. They will eventually find their way into my bag, but probably at much higher price point, ha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They’ll be getting the Elevate treatment the next day or two because, well, why not?

They’ll be getting the Elevate treatment the next day or two because, well, why not?

Just curious... What intrigues you about the Z585s? I would have guessed you would prefer the Z785s.

I'm Jonesing bad for the Z 585 irons. Plan a fitting at PGASS Monday afternoon.

Just curious... What intrigues you about the Z585s? I would have guessed you would prefer the Z785s.

The price was ignorantly good.

Plus, I play in some cold cold temps, so I always like to have a GI set around to put the players irons and MB’s away.

I’ve said it in here before, but odds are I sell them to one of my HS kids for what I paid, but in the meantime I’m going to have some laughs and smiles with them.

Had they had the 7’s for the silly price tag, I’d have gone that way for sure, but, some things are too good to pass up.

Back