Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Still not seeing much about the 919 HM Pros, very interesting in these above most irons this year.

Did a fitting with them yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dang you rambler, Im about to pull the trigger on some 585s or a combo set 585/785 but these are so enticing.

HMPs are legit! Best of the 7 sets I tried in my fitting yesterday.

MSH134 and I were just kind of looking around when I saw these on the rack. After he left, I hit these as well as the new Apex. Love the looks of both, but my overall dispersion, even with the very iffy winter swing, was much better with the HM Pro. Spin seemed to be more consistent in the mid 6s with a 7 iron on the HM Pro. The sound/feel was also pretty nice. I was thinking I would start the season with the i210s still firmly entrenched in the bag, but I'm strongly pondering these, now.

Dispersion is what set these above Apex, Apex Pro, 919F, etc! Unreal! I had a 7 yard wide dispersion... Great irons. My i210s go on sale tomorrow!

HMPs are legit! Best of the 7 sets I tried in my fitting yesterday.

Dispersion is what set these above Apex, Apex Pro, 919F, etc! Unreal! I had a 7 yard wide dispersion... Great irons. My i210s go on sale tomorrow!

Glad to hear you saw something similar in your fitting. The oddly good dispersion, with my winter swing, was really surprising to me. My set should arrive before the end of the week. I'm not quite ready to sell my i210s, though. LOL

I don't need to hear any more about HMP. I don't need to hear any more about HMP. I don't need to hear any more about HMP.

I got a steal on a set of JPX 900 Forged and it's the only thing keeping me from stabbing my eyes out about the HMPs. I hit the 900 Tour, Forged and HMs, but the Tours didn't eliminate my "miss" any more than my blades did. The HMs were just a bit too much for me looking down. The Forged was the perfect blend, so they went in the bag.

The bad part is I think the HMP would be exactly what I wanted, but I think we can always find something that might be better... I just have to remember why I made the move in the first place and how these fixed the miss that I had.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I don't need to hear any more about HMP. I don't need to hear any more about HMP. I don't need to hear any more about HMP.

I'm a lefty, I don't have to worry about this HMP now since they don't make them lefty.:bulgy-eyes:

I'm a lefty, I don't have to worry about this HMP now since they don't make them lefty.:bulgy-eyes:

I am lucky, I'm left handed but do everything right handed.

I'm a righty but swing lefty. I guess I'm unlucky!
But... You get the killer deals on last year's stuff at sites like Budget Golf while us righties pay way to much for that magic yard or two...

Glad to hear you saw something similar in your fitting. The oddly good dispersion, with my winter swing, was really surprising to me. My set should arrive before the end of the week. I'm not quite ready to sell my i210s, though. LOL

Hahaha! Yeah, the i210s are helping finance the purchase of the HMPs!!!

I'm a righty but swing lefty. I guess I'm unlucky!

Was that just a feel thing when you started golfing? I know for me I do everything right handed except write and shoot a bow.

What’s that? You want to hit my HMP next month?

If you and I, both acknowledged and recognized “Ping” guys, go HMP for gamers, I might have to invest in some apocalyptic survivalist gear.

What’s that? You want to hit my HMP next month?

If you and I, both acknowledged and recognized “Ping” guys, go HMP for gamers, I might have to invest in some apocalyptic survivalist gear.

I need to find a place that has them near me. Shop over the weekend had nothing and had zero word on when they would get demo

Was that just a feel thing when you started golfing? I know for me I do everything right handed except write and shoot a bow.

No. It was my Dad putting me on the left side of the plate teaching me baseball. Easier for lefties to hit against mostly righty pitchers, plus it's quicker to 1B. He was the same, his idol was Ted Williams.

Once I got the lefty baseball swing down, transferred to hockey then golf.

No. It was my Dad putting me on the left side of the plate teaching me baseball. Easier for lefties to hit against mostly righty pitchers, plus it's quicker to 1B. He was the same, his idol was Ted Williams.

Once I got the lefty baseball swing down, transferred to hockey then golf.

Thats cool!!!!

Well i finally got a chance to stop by my local GG, and took a look at the HMPs, and right now i will say they are the single best looking set of GI/PDI i have ever seen in hand. I went right to the 4 iron and was honestly shocked at the lack of off set, and the thinness of the top line. Paired with the C Taper Lite they where calling my name , if they do as well as i am hearing, in that package they will sell well.

Last edited:
I got a steal on a set of JPX 900 Forged and it's the only thing keeping me from stabbing my eyes out about the HMPs. I hit the 900 Tour, Forged and HMs, but the Tours didn't eliminate my "miss" any more than my blades did. The HMs were just a bit too much for me looking down. The Forged was the perfect blend, so they went in the bag.

The bad part is I think the HMP would be exactly what I wanted, but I think we can always find something that might be better... I just have to remember why I made the move in the first place and how these fixed the miss that I had.

You should have tried the 919F. I played the 900F last year, and as much as I liked them, am a club longer with the 919F and like the feel a whole lot better. The extra meat near the toe and a better balanced CG makes them incredible. Also gave the HMPro a shot and got the same numbers as the 919F, even with their stronger loft.

You should have tried the 919F. I played the 900F last year, and as much as I liked them, am a club longer with the 919F and like the feel a whole lot better. The extra meat near the toe and a better balanced CG makes them incredible. Also gave the HMPro a shot and got the same numbers as the 919F, even with their stronger loft.

919F seem to be one of the more improved of the whole JPX line up, hearing a lot of what you say. Combo of 4,5,6 HMP and the, 7,8,9,PW,AW in the forged would be a set i would love to give a try.

Moved to the Apex 19 irons thread.

Last edited:
The 900s were such a dramatic change for me, I'm not thinking I would have spent the coin on the 919s... At $400 fitted, the 900s we're a steal. The $1200 919s would have meant one more season of my Wilson Blades... Which could still fond their way back at any time.

As far as distance goes, my 4 iron is at 220 and I'm gapped reasonably well down to 80 yards on my 58°. I think grabbing the 900 when I did was absolutely perfect.

For the record, I do love the 919s... They just played too close to the larger blades I've had recently and we are just too high of cost per iron.

I am strongly considering a set of 919 HM's with Recoil F3's. After a disastrous Club Champion fitting last week, I enjoyed a decent demo day at my home course on Saturday. Spent quite a bit of time at the Mizuno tent and loved how nice the 919's felt.

My concern was that I've been playing Cobra One Length irons for a year and a half. So, I pulled out my Ping G irons and have played a couple of rounds with them this week. Had the usual questionable strikes for this time of year, but all in all, I was hitting the Ping's decently. It doesn't appear that the transition would be all that painful.

Now I have to decide if I want to invest in a new set of irons, stick with the Ping's, or continue the One Length experiment.

I am strongly considering a set of 919 HM's with Recoil F3's. After a disastrous Club Champion fitting last week, I enjoyed a decent demo day at my home course on Saturday. Spent quite a bit of time at the Mizuno tent and loved how nice the 919's felt.

My concern was that I've been playing Cobra One Length irons for a year and a half. So, I pulled out my Ping G irons and have played a couple of rounds with them this week. Had the usual questionable strikes for this time of year, but all in all, I was hitting the Ping's decently. It doesn't appear that the transition would be all that painful.

Now I have to decide if I want to invest in a new set of irons, stick with the Ping's, or continue the One Length experiment.

My experience is with the set up your looking at. I am more than happy with the HM and F3 Recoils. It gives me high and long shots.

Back