Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

That’s hugeeeeee. I’m going to assume you are playing great golf these days.

Definitely getting better, but my aim is super inconsistent. I found some stuff with my swing today that is helping me clear my shoulders easier, so definitely good things. Now, I am under 100 much, much more often.

Taking OITW’s advice and going tour length for a bit to try to find more fairways. The F9 is a hammer. I would love to tell you that I am becoming some great golfer, but the truth is that the F9 line in general is just so long it’s ridiculous.

I wish I could test an F9 tour length on course... bay work doesn’t do it for me. I want to see if I can some distance over the Rogue. I’m desperate for another 10 yards off the tee. FW dispersion isn’t an issue, I’m satisfied with that stat but overall carry is always an issue

Now have 4 rounds with the F9. Round 2 was good, the distance was there but the accuracy wasn’t. It may have been alignment (which I’ve been working on). Round 3 was all around awful, but I think the weather being 40 degrees at tee time. Yesterday was round 4 and had the distance as well as Better accuracy. Lots of the first cut in the fairways with several in regulation. Average drive was 250 or so. I didn’t use the app because 1) I forgot 2) sometimes it doesn’t work well for me. Hopefully I’ll make it to the range soon and work with it a little more. But overall pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing quite a bit with that club so early in the year... must be nice

Playing quite a bit with that club so early in the year... must be nice

Hahaha. You told me my lack of play last year was my own fault so now I’m trying to make up for lost time! Jeff and I were troopers by playing in 40 degree weather with snow/rain. We had to bust out the hand warmers. I definitely will not be doing that again.

So how many of you ordered the tour length vs. ordering the stock retail version and cutting the shaft and adjusting the weights themselves? Is it worth the extra money to just order the official tour length?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Mine was a demo. They had already cut it down to 45". Since then, I've changed the shaft. Still messing around at 45" length. The shaft I installed is progressively stiffer from butt to toe, so it's fairly tip heavy. Even with it being 1/2" shorter than stock, it's still at D4.5 with the stock 14/2g weights. I need to order the 10g weight to get it back where I like it... or cut the shaft down 1/4".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mine was a demo. They had already cut it down to 45". Since then, I've changed the shaft. Still messing around at 45" length. The shaft I installed is progressively stiffer from butt to toe, so it's fairly tip heavy. Even with it being 1/2" shorter than stock, it's still at D4.5 with the stock 14/2g weights. I need to order the 10g weight to get it back where I like it... or cut the shaft down 1/4".

Strong like bull!

Strong like bull!

Just the profile of the shaft. Mid launch shaft actually. lol

Strong like bull!

Getting ready to set up the same shaft, just a little heavier, for my F9 3w.
76d5b7d558387ddf8fe9546adecbeb0a.jpg
b4ae18833bf1ecfca3fb4d57657ae0be.jpg

I may not be a great driver of the ball but it has gotten better with the tour length F9. I hit 58% of the fairways (a few 4i of course too), which led to 50% gir. The F9 line doesn’t make the game easy but it sure helps me keep the ball in play.

When you pure it, oh boy it goes. Way long.

I may not be a great driver of the ball but it has gotten better with the tour length F9. I hit 58% of the fairways (a few 4i of course too), which led to 50% gir. The F9 line doesn’t make the game easy but it sure helps me keep the ball in play.

Yeah buddy!!!!!

This driver and I have fallen on rough times.

And it makes me frustrated and sad.

Not that I’m going to be able to help...but you said you lacked confidence in it... Spraying it or lost distance or something else?

Man that is solid Molten. Nice to see the work pay off.

Any good relationship has ups and downs.

Not that I’m going to be able to help...but you said you lacked confidence in it... Spraying it or lost distance or something else?

E'rything. Haha

Love the look, but zero confidence in what I'm going to see at impact. Potential THROUGH the roof, but, thus far other than the spin issue in the 12* Flash head, the Flash has worked it over a bit.

I'll be tinkering a few things, but, the driver hunt may end up re-ignited.

Any good relationship has ups and downs.

Max never had the downs, and reality is, I probably shouldn't have strayed.

This club just continues to impress. Another PB. Even into a breeze I put the draw of my life on this drive and it was the best moment of the round.

61f62768127432907068a4fa84f650d7.jpg

I wish I could test an F9 tour length on course... bay work doesn’t do it for me. I want to see if I can some distance over the Rogue. I’m desperate for another 10 yards off the tee. FW dispersion isn’t an issue, I’m satisfied with that stat but overall carry is always an issue
If only someone local had one....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If only someone local had one....

You rang?

Going to put my Tensei Blue in this one and compare to my EXS. I don't want it to be close, but I'm afraid based on the round today with the EXS and couple shots Friday, it might be a closer battle than I thought.

I had a really strange day with the F9 yesterday. Hit the range on Friday and tried the Tensei Orange. Couldn't get along with the counter balance (TO 60R for sale if anyone wants to hit me up).

Played with SMOKE 14g/6g at 45". First time I'd played with the 6g weight up front. With the 2g and the 1/2" butt trim, it was SW-ing about D0.5

For whatever reason, I couldn't find the face at all and actually topped 2 drives in the round. Perfect draw in warm up on the range but driver cost me at least 5 strokes by putting me out of position. I'm not considering going a different route at this point but yesterday wasn't quite the honeymoon of the first 2 rounds. Maybe I just forget all about what SW should be and just play it where it worked

You rang?

Going to put my Tensei Blue in this one and compare to my EXS. I don't want it to be close, but I'm afraid based on the round today with the EXS and couple shots Friday, it might be a closer battle than I thought.
I meant myself but feel free to step up.

Had my best driving day today since putting the F9 in the bag. 50% of the fairways today and only one wtf swing that caused me to lose one off the tee. (I was over-swinging and I knew it)

The switch I did early this week to the 18g in front, at least on first glance is generating some pretty good ball flight and distances for me. We played in very soggy and muddy conditions today with little to no rollout and I’m seeing distances that mimic my old driver all last year. So when things firm up a bit I’m guessing I will see an additional 2-5 yards versus the Rogue from last year.

Played 36 Holes this past weekend alternating between this and the new Tour Edge EXS

Right now the F9 has the clubhouse lead do to the improved accuracy and dispersion (17 yards)

I’m going to post the Arccos (Cobra Connect) Data and if you have any questions post them up

5c813a8ab6da672a6567223ded6a3362.jpg

ecac898af6c8848622a1404d3ceefb4b.jpg

The D3 SW and shorter shaft gives me confidence I’ll get a ball good enough distance, bust most importantly in play.

At the MC Jose said Tour Length can be longer because you find the center of the face better - I’ve had two Unicorn shots, and I just need more consistency and hopefully we’ll see more of it.

Back