Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

The Moose bought one? That makes me smile.

Bought?! He hit the driver from Yagley’s bag, loved it, and Yags gave it to him. Yes, they really are that incredibly generous.

Side note, dude is a large man.

Bought?! He hit the driver from Yagley’s bag, loved it, and Yags gave it to him. Yes, they really are that incredibly generous.

Side note, dude is a large man.

Celebs and their free stuff.

Moose and Gretzky were my childhood idols. I’m not gonna lie. That pic with Canadan was amazing and made me smile.

Mark messier put one in his bag within only a few swings. I mean, are people listening here?! It’s really, really good.
Dude how did I miss that?!

When we were on the first tee as the anchor match, Jose and JB told Craig to grab the driver. Craig gave it to Mark and the rest is history.

The Driver: Cobra F9 Avalanche 10.5 head (playing 9.5) Tour Length heavy weight forward PX Smoke 6.0

Best Shot of the Morgan Cup: Drive on Saturday 10th hole first 9

977346a6992dd2be2ae0a43ae8738427.jpg

THP First Tee - far and away best drive I had all weekend, longest too. Nice little fade over the bunkers.

Worst drive? I had a few not one in particular, was able to get off the tee - lost quite a few balls right some I actually lost - I think that speaks to the forgiveness of the head and shaft combo - I did not have my best stuff but still got me out there

It's just the picture, the head looks neutral at address. The picture has alot of perspective difference combined with I was holding clubs with one hand and taking picture with the other, and tough to get them to sit dead even.
Thanks. Can't wait for it to arrive. Ordered avalanche but keep wavering...

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

The Driver: Cobra F9 Avalanche 10.5 head (playing 9.5) Tour Length heavy weight forward PX Smoke 6.0

Best Shot of the Morgan Cup: Drive on Saturday 10th hole first 9

977346a6992dd2be2ae0a43ae8738427.jpg

THP First Tee - far and away best drive I had all weekend, longest too. Nice little fade over the bunkers.

Worst drive? I had a few not one in particular, was able to get off the tee - lost quite a few balls right some I actually lost - I think that speaks to the forgiveness of the head and shaft combo - I did not have my best stuff but still got me out there

WTH.... I was looking at the 7i from 177.... both bombs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTH.... I was looking at the 7i from 177.... both bombs

It's nice having a shorter club in hand to hit those greens.

Unfortunately will not be gaming this F9 this year. Without getting into too much detail and to hold my words, let's just say the cobra rep was not the best. I've been waiting for 2 months and after 3 expected ship dates have come and gone he tells me that itll ship next week with a yellow head. Pulled the plug and cancelled the order.

I'll still follow along and give my thoughts compared the M5 that was ordered last week and is already here. I'll throw in some comparisons with the Mizuno drivers we just got in at work as well. If you guys have any questions at all regarding this stuff let me know and I can measure it or test it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately will not be gaming this F9 this year. Without getting into too much detail and to hold my words, let's just say the cobra rep was not the best. I've been waiting for 2 months and after 3 expected ship dates have come and gone he tells me that itll ship next week with a yellow head. Pulled the plug and cancelled the order.

I'll still follow along and give my thoughts compared the M5 that was ordered last week and is already here. I'll throw in some comparisons with the Mizuno drivers we just got in at work as well. If you guys have any questions at all regarding this stuff let me know and I can measure it or test it.

Do you know why the initial shipment dates were missed in the first place for the F9?

Do you know why the initial shipment dates were missed in the first place for the F9?

I was told they were back ordered which they were for a bit but no clue about the others. I don't want to say anything bad about our rep because I'm not on the inside and I don't know what was going on between himself and Cobra.

All I can say is I was told a date, I'd hear nothing from him so I'd email a couple days after only to get another date.

I want to mess with a bit of head weight to see if I can get the face driving in a touch more neutral. Right now it is coming in a tad open and I'm basically playing a small fade, but I would much rather something more neutral.

Making a few changes on course, I was able to hit a few with the wind today that had a touch of a draw and carried for days. With the wind, I had 180 yards into a par 5 that measured 535 yards from the tee. Credit a nice bounce, wind, and F9 hammer town for that one. Wowowowowowow.

It's still one of the best sounding drivers available right now.

I was told they were back ordered which they were for a bit but no clue about the others. I don't want to say anything bad about our rep because I'm not on the inside and I don't know what was going on between himself and Cobra.

All I can say is I was told a date, I'd hear nothing from him so I'd email a couple days after only to get another date.

If it makes you feel any better at all I’m about 5 weeks out right now from my original order date. I don’t NEED a new driver so I’m being patient. I was told by CS the new heads would be in this week and ship early April.

I get the frustration on your end though, as new and shiny is always fun.

Put an extension in the shaft and played it at 46 1/2" today with the 18g weight in the front. With it being almost D8 SW it felt a touch heavy. Putting in the 14g tomorrow, I did see a better flight and contact with the added length. Should bring it to bomber specs and waiting on my cartner to play his shot before getting to my ball. Tomorrow is where the rubber meets the road and if it knocks out the gamer.

Put an extension in the shaft and played it at 46 1/2" today with the 18g weight in the front. With it being almost D8 SW it felt a touch heavy. Putting in the 14g tomorrow, I did see a better flight and contact with the added length. Should bring it to bomber specs and waiting on my cartner to play his shot before getting to my ball. Tomorrow is where the rubber meets the road and if it knocks out the gamer.

strong guy like you and D8 is heavy?? Getting old...

I had the chance to test/get fitted for the F9 Speedback yesterday. I got the best result with the 9 degree head lofted to 10 degrees, the heavier weight at the front and the Atmos Tour spec in stiff. I also tested Atmos in reg and Hzrdus black as well as the 10,5 degree head in different comfigurations.

My swingspeed was about 98-102 mph(fastest 105) and I raised my ballspeed by appr 5-6 mph compared to my XR16 with appr 10-12 yard in difference in length in average. I also tested it against Cally Rogue and Wilson Cortex with better result for the Cobra.
Really liked it and I will put an order in for this driver

I had the chance to test/get fitted for the F9 Speedback yesterday. I got the best result with the 9 degree head lofted to 10 degrees, the heavier weight at the front and the Atmos Tour spec in stiff. I also tested Atmos in reg and Hzrdus black as well as the 10,5 degree head in different comfigurations.

My swingspeed was about 98-102 mph(fastest 105) and I raised my ballspeed by appr 5-6 mph compared to my XR16 with appr 10-12 yard in difference in length in average. I also tested it against Cally Rogue and Wilson Cortex with better result for the Cobra.
Really liked it and I will put an order in for this driver

Congrats! That is exactly the setup I am playing and it’s awesome.

Now for the important question. Did you make the right choice and go with the yellow head?

You will love it. I have never hit a better driver. For some reason it was a little more finicky to dial in, but now that it is, it is as automatic as a driver can be.

Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Congrats! That is exactly the setup I am playing and it’s awesome.

Now for the important question. Did you make the right choice and go with the yellow head?

Ofcourse I went yellow

Last edited:
Per a Cobra Golf UK tweet today, the F9 Speedback is the #1 best selling driver in the UK for February 2019.

So happy for Cobra to be enjoying this success.

Per a Cobra Golf UK tweet today, the F9 Speedback is the #1 best selling driver in the UK for February 2019.

So happy for Cobra to be enjoying this success.

That makes my heart happy. So well deserved.

Well deserved. I've been nothing but impressed with it. From the sound, to the feel, to the results. It's almost perfect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back