Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I’d need to consult the full specs but I think the simply way is to butt trim 1” (might be 1.25”) and go to 18/6 weights to bring the swing weight back up.

If someone doesn’t confirm before, I’ll double check my math when I get back home this afternoon.
At driver length it's about 1.6 grams for each swing weight.

Generally each quarter inch is about 1.5 swing weight points.

The 6 gram weight is out of stock right now on the cobra site but is supposed to be back in stock in 2 weeks or so.

My head right now has an 18 and 2 weight and I'm planning on trying either a 14 and 10 or 18 and 10 when I trim mine a bit.

That's why I'm planning on moving towards that tour length as well. I want to pull in my dispersion a bit and I think the added head weight and improved quality of strike, I wont be sacrificing much in distance.

You might see an increase. My average drive length is up going tour length. I think it’s because I’m finding the center more, plain and simple and the really crap shots have been minimized.

You might see an increase. My average drive length is up going tour length. I think it’s because I’m finding the center more, plain and simple and the really crap shots have been minimized.
I would agree that average distance should go up, but maximum distance would go down. Im content with that tradeoff since right now driver has to stay in the bag on a lot of holes.

For those of us playing stock length shafts and stock 14/2 weight configuration, what would be the best way to achieve a tour length set up?

44.5” so 1” short

I kept stock D3 SW Cobra set me up with 18g and 6g

Feels great

Jose said longer as well due to center contact

Jose said longer as well due to center contact
Anything to beat 300 average this year. I had to settle with 292 last year.

And more fairways would be nice

There are PGA players who don’t sniff that.

Holy ****.

And your drives this year will actually count

#FIRFTW

Holy ****.
My body hates my swing. It's a young person swing not something that will last through my thirties.

My body hates my swing. It's a young person swing not something that will last through my thirties.

But while it does, BOOM!

I'm trying to figure my SW out. I pulled the stock cobra connect grip that weighs in at 62g, trimmed 3/8" off the butt and replaced with my UTX grips that are 52ish grams. On my DIY SW scale I'm under D0 currently. I would have thought that dropping 10g in grip weight would have made up for some of the shorter length. Is that logic incorrect?

Can't wait to get this on the course again and I just popped on a F7 hybrid to round out the top end of the bag.

If you struggle and haven’t tried your length, try it. I’m seeing the same distance but way improved accuracy. Like way improved.

How do you have your club weights set up? What shaft and flex did you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to figure my SW out. I pulled the stock cobra connect grip that weighs in at 62g, trimmed 3/8" off the butt and replaced with my UTX grips that are 52ish grams. On my DIY SW scale I'm under D0 currently. I would have thought that dropping 7-8 in grip weight would have made up for some of the shorter length. Is that logic incorrect?

Can't wait to get this on the course again and I just popped on a F7 hybrid to round out the top end of the bag.
That's correct that the help but not a lot. Grip side changes are weird.

How do you have your club weights set up? What shaft and flex did you choose?

Weight are currently 6 front and 18 back (might switch based on LM data but that set up was good at the MC).

Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 shaft. I absolutely love the yellow and it is my go to when I’m doing a blind order.

The little bit that the shaft was shortened really didn’t change anything as far as I could tell with the flex and feel.

Holy ****.

I observed with my own eyes that the man has some serious club speed.

I observed with my own eyes that the man has some serious club speed.

Not doubting that one bit. That’s a lot lot of speed.

Not doubting that one bit. That’s a lot lot of speed.

I fantasize that I could take today’s equipment back in a time machine and use it when I was in my 20’s and 30’s.

I fantasize that I could take today’s equipment back in a time machine and use it when I was in my 20’s and 30’s.
That wouldn't be fair to your playing partners and you would probably have a different career path that involved playing golf. Lol. A young Tenputt might top Freddy Funk score on Haig.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That wouldn't be fair to your playing partners and you would probably have a different career path that involved playing golf. Lol. A young Tenputt might top Freddy Funk score on Haig.

I am sure Fred’s safe. He is older than I, ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Your body hates your swing? My body hates your swing just watching the torque.

I've heard that comment before.

Back did tightened up a little during the weekend, but the only time I really feel it is when I do a long range session and even then I'm usually good the next day. I just know that the amount of stress it puts on my joints, I should really learn to deliver the club differently since a short recovery period isnt something I can rely on.

Got to see this in hand today thanks to @kevin81002 and it’s such a great club. Didn’t take any swings with it but did see kevin put on a show distance wise with it and it was great to see the performance gains with it.

I've heard that comment before.

Back did tightened up a little during the weekend, but the only time I really feel it is when I do a long range session and even then I'm usually good the next day. I just know that the amount of stress it puts on my joints, I should really learn to deliver the club differently since a short recovery period isnt something I can rely on.
That's from your quick transition. Slow that down a bit and your back will be fine. I like the swing though.

Back