Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Masters Limited edition F9 Driver

Masters Limited edition F9 Driver

camo-f9-driver-90-hero_3.jpg

Last edited:

It looks great. There is a thread on it here as well, because how awesome is this. A THPer was the first in the country to have one in hand, well before release.

In person it looks fantastic.

It looks great. There is a thread on it here as well, because how awesome is this. A THPer was the first in the country to have one in hand, well before release.

In person it looks fantastic.

It really does look better in person. Mine is more "green" than olive green. That photo makes it look a little drab

For as subtle as the aerodynamic features are on drivers these days, do you think adding lead tape to the sole will significantly impact those elements? I'm kinda on the fence as to whether it makes any difference at all but when I look at something like dragonfly and how little those little bumps are or the various ridges on the soles of all the latest drivers, it seems that a little shaping makes quite a bit of difference

For as subtle as the aerodynamic features are on drivers these days, do you think adding lead tape to the sole will significantly impact those elements? I'm kinda on the fence as to whether it makes any difference at all but when I look at something like dragonfly and how little those little bumps are or the various ridges on the soles of all the latest drivers, it seems that a little shaping makes quite a bit of difference

I never considered that, but it seems like a good point. I’m sure if the tape was flat on its leading edge the impact would be minimized, but it’s not nothing, I would think.

Got out on the course today for the first time. Upper 50's stiff breeze going ever direction except at my back. This driver went straight for me. I feel like that it is just launching too high and not enough roll with the Supersoft and Helium combo. I was playing it at the standard 10.5* setting. I think I'm getting comfortable enough with what this driver can do for me that I need to experiment with it lofted down at the range. Next time I go hit I'll bottom it out at 9* and see if I see much difference.

We got the hammer vs mean green coming on up.

The hammer was solid in my last round with 11 of 14 fairways. Carry was around 285ish as the temps start going up. With this much head weight the ball flight is super stable and just wants to go.

afa6c640fb8c97e4be714c535017f2b3.jpg
8f1c3edc4f4bc2a03fd3f2cd27410c13.jpg

Well I got the call the my driver was in after I cancelled the order. Decided to go ahead and pick it up anyways. Wasn't the weight setup I ordered, wrong length, wrong grip. The positives are at least it was right handed and the right color. Rather than complain and reorder it I just bought it and gave it to my dad.

He absolutely crushed it today. For a 14 handicap and first round of the year he was striking it well and was out to the same distance or longer than he is in the middle of the season. He loves it so my story had a happy ending.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
70be70058d3500844052717f11194341.jpg

Got the F9 about 10 days ago and used it at the range a few times, but got to use it in play today. Had some great weather in Pittsburgh and had to take advantage. Best drive was 260 yards. I had a few misses , but the drives I didn’t get a hold of still landed in the fairway. It will take a few more rounds to get comfortable, but really happy with the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the F9 about 10 days ago and used it at the range a few times, but got to use it in play today. Had some great weather in Pittsburgh and had to take advantage. Best drive was 260 yards. I had a few misses , but the drives I didn’t get a hold of still landed in the fairway. It will take a few more rounds to get comfortable, but really happy with the driver.

Nice! It's such a good driver!

Nice! It's such a good driver!

Yes very happy. @Stemmy66 told me to take a look at it when I was talking to him about new drivers. What driver were you hitting before?

Yes very happy. @Stemmy66 told me to take a look at it when I was talking to him about new drivers. What driver were you hitting before?

Short Story: '16 M2/G400 LST

Long Story: Cobra LTD vs '16 M2. Cracked both and started an odyssey. Got a TM M3 that I didn't really like, tried both '17 M1 and '17 M2 that were okay. Found a Srixon z785 on the used rack that was great, but the shaft had an extension in it that kept failing. Got a Ping G400 LST that was sorta good then I got the Golden Ticket so I didn't really use it that much (7 weeks?).

Short Story: '16 M2/G400 LST

Long Story: Cobra LTD vs '16 M2. Cracked both and started an odyssey. Got a TM M3 that I didn't really like, tried both '17 M1 and '17 M2 that were okay. Found a Srixon z785 on the used rack that was great, but the shaft had an extension in it that kept failing. Got a Ping G400 LST that was sorta good then I got the Golden Ticket so I didn't really use it that much (7 weeks?).

Oh man. Sounds like you’ve been thru the ringer when it comes to drivers! Hope you have better luck with the F9!!!

Oh man. Sounds like you’ve been thru the ringer when it comes to drivers! Hope you have better luck with the F9!!!

Impressed beyond belief about it right now. I've hit some monster drives with it and just love the feel off the face.

Follow up to my round yesterday. Honeymoon continues. Hit 6 of 7 FW on the front on a perfect Colorado golf day. Thought I'd try switching the weights to (14g up front) for the back 9 since I was making such good contact and ended up switching back to standard position after 3 holes and 2 missed FW. First impression with the 14g up front was that the sound was quite a bit different. Not bad, but I really like the 'crack' sound I get with the 14g in the back and I didn't like the other tone as much. I was playing with about 5g of lead tape in a T shape with the -- across the front part of the head. Just ordered a 6g weight from Cobra (they're back in stock on the website BTW) so I won't have to worry about that any more. Ended up being a great driving day with the F9 and I'm confident this will stay in the bag for a while. Happy to have finally decided to post here on THP after lurking for a while too.

At this point, my only regret is butt trimming my HZRDUS smoke 3/8" as the first time I played with standard length I was finding the center of the face just fine. Also, replacing the Cobra Connect grip reduced another 1/4" or so, so I think I'm at just under 45" at this point. I think the extra 4g weight will get me back to a comfortable SW but if anyone out there was thinking about trimming their SMOKE and would consider a trade, I'd be up for going back to off the rack length.

Loving the F9!

Last edited:
abde8fd07fe47bd4766f7fc72a467366.jpg

b85e7d596814e2aafdbce0efb0aaa15d.jpg

Changed the F9 Tour Length back to my ordered settings of 11.5* but kept the weight forward.

Probably the best driving day I’ve had so far with the driver (a few of the numbers are from the fairway woods)

Really building the comfort and confidence with this club. Looking forward to seeing more fantastic performance.

Changed the F9 Tour Length back to my ordered settings of 11.5* but kept the weight forward.

Probably the best driving day I’ve had so far with the driver (a few of the numbers are from the fairway woods)

Really building the comfort and confidence with this club. Looking forward to seeing more fantastic performance.

It’s a good day when you can hit 80% of the fairways with the big stick :thumb:

First round of the year and I am already hitting WAY better than last year. I am more confident and have gained 20 yards. The sound this driver makes is perfect. Cobra nailed it with this driver! I played standard 10.5 degrees and was happy with ball flight. Going to play with settings when warmer spring arrives. The best feeling is when you stand on the tee and swing freely not worrying about OB left or right.....the confidence I have is what I have been missing fir awhile. Thank you COBRA.

I’m going to cheat a little on my HZRDUS Yellow a bit to experiment with some different shafts. I’m excited to see what the F9 can do (and to learn what shafts don’t work for me).

I’m going to cheat a little on my HZRDUS Yellow a bit to experiment with some different shafts. I’m excited to see what the F9 can do (and to learn what shafts don’t work for me).

You and me both dude -
Going to throw a helium in there CK Blue so many choices LAGolf Shafts

You and me both dude -
Going to throw a helium in there CK Blue so many choices LAGolf Shafts

I will likely make my way home to what i know I love but experiments are fun. I’ll wear a lab coat if I must. But the chase of perfect numbers will continue.

Back