Wilson Staff Cortex Driver

Great news on the initial sales numbers of the Cortex!

I am sure it’s a product around the buzz gathered from the DVD show.
I wonder if a late airing of the show by golf channel say around mid February would have a similar effect and get some springtime purchases going.

I know how a lot on here feel about the Golf Digest rankings, and I would like to see where the Cortex fits.

Seems like GC would owe you an extra airing after last nights mistake. It would also keep them from airing The Ben Hogan Story for the millionth ]

Obviously quite early, but reports out of two large retailers carrying the products are sales have been stronger than anticipated and stronger than any Wilson driver they can remember.
Direct sales from Wilson also coming in strong.

Too early to tell what any of this means, but nice to see buzz on a product that THPers seem to really enjoy.

Spoke to another online retailer that said they have done well. Then one just now told me they have not moved but a couple.

Want to give all sides and waiting on one more large retailer. Overall I would say it’s been a pretty darn good day 1. Online is going to be interesting with Golf Channel pimping Revolution for sales.

Actually in years past Wilson Staff has outsold Srixon in Europe.

I agree on the casual golfer vs internet golfer. Totally different animal. One parallel though, both are talking about Cortex today. You can see it in search analytics at google and even on sites like THP. The show was watched by a lot of people. In years past they passed over testing a Wilson driver. This year based on early reports, testing will be done. That’s a win vs the spend.

JB, do you have any feel for what sales numbers are for W/S in Europe? I always got the impression that Wilson Staff was a bigger name in Europe than the US (maybe because of Padraig?), and that it didn't have the same negative baggage associated with the name.

Bottom line it flat out performs!!!!

Any THP’er is welcome to come to my place and hit my cortex, I honestly believe people would be shocked be shocked by the performance.

I'd love to try it in March! Another reason to look forward to that weekend!

Obviously quite early, but reports out of two large retailers carrying the products are sales have been stronger than anticipated and stronger than any Wilson driver they can remember.
Direct sales from Wilson also coming in strong.

That’s good to hear. Lots of good people put a lot of effort into getting it right. Happy for them and wish them continued success. I doubt they expected it to sell like a Callaway launch. It’s all relative. Hopefully in time it helps them across the range of products.I’m sure it’s a good day for The Shield.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this sells well. I just wish people would give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a hard fit but if I see one somewhere I will for sure take some swings with it. Looks really good cosmetically.

Wilson Staff Cortex Driver

[video=youtube_share;-l4QWKUtkkE]https://youtu.be/-l4QWKUtkkE[/video]

It’s here!
Sorry the video got cut off by a phone call, stupid telemarketers.

Thanks again to THP and Wilson for everything. Reviews will be posted soon!

[video=youtube_share;-l4QWKUtkkE]https://youtu.be/-l4QWKUtkkE[/video]

It’s here!
Sorry the video got cut off by a phone call, stupid telemarketers.

Thanks again to THP and Wilson for everything. Reviews will be posted soon!

That’s awesome. I just got excited because ups just delivered to my house but it was not the driver but should be here tomorrow I am sure

Please ignore my last post it is here, I forgot we kept our shafts lol. Yes I am slow at times.
My clubs are scheduled to back tomorrow and will get pics of shaft connected to head. Here are pics of the head and it looks awesome
fb1266ccd42f9ba2fd9c73000e2f156e.jpg
d478e4f7cc1e05cdba8e784068cd0e47.jpg
246de2aa4098850bb27a5b5bcb7fa546.jpg

It is good looking, on the top it resembles srixons new driver to me which is a good thing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2nd half of the Cortex video

I noticed a few subtle changes on the top of the Cortex from what we hit over the weekend. The pre release driver didn’t have the alignment dot and also had a red line around the back perimeter top line. I could do without the alignment dot but definitely like it better without the red line.

Pre Release:
e67389bc557691ca4f536bdfa505e248.jpg

Retail version:
b1f7002fb8b98a2f56f08bf271e5ee72.jpg

Nice...

At first I was asking myself that's an awful short box for a driver! You all answered that though. Well done everyone again!

Exotek got renamed Fastcage? Too similar to exo cage?

Please ignore my last post it is here, I forgot we kept our shafts lol. Yes I am slow at times.
My clubs are scheduled to back tomorrow and will get pics of shaft connected to head. Here are pics of the head and it looks awesome
fb1266ccd42f9ba2fd9c73000e2f156e.jpg
d478e4f7cc1e05cdba8e784068cd0e47.jpg
246de2aa4098850bb27a5b5bcb7fa546.jpg

Looks great. And deeeeeep

I noticed a few subtle changes on the top of the Cortex from what we hit over the weekend. The pre release driver didn’t have the alignment dot and also had a red line around the back perimeter top line. I could do without the alignment dot but definitely like it better without the red line.

Pre Release:
e67389bc557691ca4f536bdfa505e248.jpg

Retail version:
b1f7002fb8b98a2f56f08bf271e5ee72.jpg

I just opened mine too...

The first thing different I noticed was the alignment 'dot' on top of the crown; personally I like it! Also, the DvD2 graphic is new. Also, I could be wrong but I don't think the drivers we hit over the weekend had the chrome accents on the bottom. Regardless, it all looks fantastic!

Work was/still is crazy today so I haven't had the chance to post anything since the airing of the show, though I will. I really want to address some of the concerns posted here after the show, and I will.

Bottom line, this driver head looks amazing!!!!

That is a fantastic looking head, I absolutely love the red carbon fiber on the sole and the top is nice and clean. The headcover is killer too!

The one that that kind of surprised me is the use of the Wilson logo on the heel. For some reason I thought it would be a Wilson Staff badged driver. Probably just because that’s normally the premium line of clubs and this driver really screams premium offering to me. I guess I get it since it was the Wilson DvD show.

The Exotec script reminded me of Exotics script on some TEE clubs.

That is a fantastic looking head, I absolutely love the red carbon fiber on the sole and the top is nice and clean. The headcover is killer too!

The one that that kind of surprised me is the use of the Wilson logo on the heel. For some reason I thought it would be a Wilson Staff badged driver. Probably just because that’s normally the premium line of clubs and this driver really screams premium offering to me. I guess I get it since it was the Wilson DvD show.

It’s looks even better in person.

Is standard playing length 45”? If so I really like the decision.

Is standard playing length 45”? If so I really like the decision.

Yes

my wife took the mailbox keys and is out shopping. I'm about to take a crowbar to the neighborhood mailbox

Yes

Thanks dude. Whenever any of you get a chance, can you check head weight? Sorry (not sorry)

my wife took the mailbox keys and is out shopping. I'm about to take a crowbar to the neighborhood mailbox

Will come UPS second day air.
Came to my house about 5 my time

I watched every episode of DvD1 and, like most, I was a little underwhelmed with the winner. I hit one at a WS demo day at the local Golf Mart last year and it was OK, but didn't do it for me. When I heard there was a DvD2 I was like, eh, whatever, it comes on the same time as 90 Day Fiancé so I'm out. Well, I just watched the DvD2 finale and now I'm intrigued.

This was my feeling too (well, except for the 90 Day Fiance part). I've been so dang busy I lost track of the DvD2 show - I knew it was airing but never turned it on. Lat night I just happened to tune in GC & realized that this was the finale so figured I'd watch the end. I have to admit the little bit that I did catch has my very intrigued & wanting to try this driver - much more so than the Triton. Sposey's review posts are also music to my ears - love being straight, long, and actually adjustable!

And the gesture to the Rozwell designer was a classy & smart move. Hope this kid becomes a design star - how much of a win-win would that be for W/S?

Back