The 2019 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

I am hitting a set of MPs right now. I started off playing with blades and went to a more forgiving club about 8 years ago and could not make clean contact if that makes any sense. They felt big and heavy and looking down at the club would just throw me off. So, the smaller the better for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Don't worry, neither Jose or Mike ever talk trash about equipment choices : )

I got this. Lol
243e178e237cf78ccc6bd9cff1b53ffe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ohh boy I had a productive range session today where I made small amounts of progress. I’m hoping to continue things if we get a little decent weather and round into MC shape with my game.

I'm back in Arizona and ready to roll! I've had some good practice sessions lately and have 18 holes tomorrow. Gotta focus on transferring practice to play now.

I was traveling all day yesterday, so I'm finally back on my laptop and can properly respond to everyone.

Love your setup. Especially with the hybo and F9 5i. You mentioned elsewhere and I'm also curious, why that wedge setup? I'm thinking of cutting down my wedge gapping, but I'm nowhere near the golfer you are, and would love to hear your thoughts/experience on it, just to learn a bit.

I think your sets are great. I've thought the OL through all but the last wedge is a good idea for people who are hesitant about OL wedges (not saying you are, but that's the biggest hangup I see people have).

And I think it's smart it's also your 3rd choice. I'm rooting for the Forged but only cause I enjoy watching real players do real player things.

Full MB set wow. I absolutely cannot wait to witness this. Love it.

Yeah let's goooo!

I apologize for being so slow to respond. Why that wedge setup? I know these irons will be shorter and I need more umph at the top of the bag. Since we are limited to 14 clubs, I figured I would eliminate a wedge. If the pitching wedge is a muscle back, I am hoping that I could hit a 3/4 shot with it and cover the gap between a full pw and the 52 degree wedge. From there, I can manage the gap between 52 and 58 degrees for my other two wedges.

In an unconventional way, I am using some logic here. I have been playing players distance irons since the P790s were introduced. I played Z545s for a year prior to that. So I am used to strong lofts. Here, I figure my pw will likely go about the same as the gw that I am used to. Then corresponding down to the 5 cb iron playing as long as my now 6 iron. That leaves me with the F9 5 iron, that I hope will play as long as my current players distance 5 iron. I use one more club to cover the same distances as I used previously to cover my distance from pw to 5 iron, I just hit an iron with one less number on it until I get to the F9 5 iron. Again, though, that leaves me either having to dump the 5 wood or a wedge and I am going to try one less wedge to give me a fw that I can launch on par 5s.

Hope that rambling answer makes sense.

It's either Forged Tec Black or Forged CB/MB combos for me. Leaning hard towards forged tec.

I'll take all the forgiveness my swing will allow -- And I'll be hard pressed not to go PX 6.5 (although the black AMT is super clean).

It's either Forged Tec Black or Forged CB/MB combos for me. Leaning hard towards forged tec.

I'll take all the forgiveness my swing will allow -- And I'll be hard pressed not to go PX 6.5 (although the black AMT is super clean).

With the amount of tungsten in the CB/MB they are pretty forgiving. FTB-CB-MB combo set is doable with some bending. I actually prefer the FTB long irons to the utility when hitting off tight lies, they go through the turf much better and don't bounce up for that thin shot.

After a second time hitting the Cobra mb 7 iron, I am now leaning towards going with the cb/mb set with mb’s all the way through 7 iron. They just don’t seem that difficult to hit. As I posted in another thread, my numbers are actually better with the mb 7 iron than my gamer, a players distance iron. It honestly makes no sense to me, but the results on the launch monitor seem to support my outlandish statement.

Attachments

• 5DD7E0AA-B2F2-4B16-85BF-737E3200F24B.jpeg
    5DD7E0AA-B2F2-4B16-85BF-737E3200F24B.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 0
That’s definitely the hard thing about a fixed efficiency unit indoors. It tells some of the story but not all of it especially when you’re playing an iron or that profile.

That said, it’s important for everyone to go with their gut.

Was killing time at PGA Superstore this afternoon.... 2019 MC’ers the F9 line is legit! Spent about an hour hitting balls with F9 driver.... look at address is awesome, the acoustics is improved vs F8 and the ball jumps off the club face! Equipment selection should be awesome, can’t wait to see what guys choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was killing time at PGA Superstore this afternoon.... 2019 MC’ers the F9 line is legit! Spent about an hour hitting balls with F9 driver.... look at address is awesome, the acoustics is improved vs F8 and the ball jumps off the club face! Equipment selection should be awesome, can’t wait to see what guys choose!

Absolutely great to hear.

I dropped into my local PGA Superstore today, just like @Stemmy66. I hit the F9 iron for the first time. I only hit the 7 iron, shafted with a Modus Pro 105 S. My initial thoughts are that it really performs. It launches very high and just flies. It feels satisfying when struck solidly. It definitely is not an iron that one would choose if the goal is to look down at something clean. I could definitely see the back side of the iron when set up to the ball to swing. However, anyone choosing this type of iron is not seeking a players’ profile. As a game improvement iron, it reallly performs extremely well. I still fully intend to put this in my bag for my 5 iron for the MC.

Absolutely great to hear.

I’m not an equipment geek by any means but the tapered rounded edges looked good to my eye and there is a difference in back end or the club head, sort of a raised heel, if that makes sense, just makes the club head look fast.... aerodynamic.... based on distance I was getting, which was about 12-14 yds further than my F8....

I’m not an equipment geek by any means but the tapered rounded edges looked good to my eye and there is a difference in back end or the club head, sort of a raised heel, if that makes sense, just makes the club head look fast.... aerodynamic.... based on distance I was getting, which was about 12-14 yds further than my F8....

A club difference is a big difference.

I dropped into my local PGA Superstore today, just like @Stemmy66. I hit the F9 iron for the first time. I only hit the 7 iron, shafted with a Modus Pro 105 S. My initial thoughts are that it really performs. It launches very high and just flies. It feels satisfying when struck solidly. It definitely is not an iron that one would choose if the goal is to look down at something clean. I could definitely see the back side of the iron when set up to the ball to swing. However, anyone choosing this type of iron is not seeking a players’ profile. As a game improvement iron, it reallly performs extremely well. I still fully intend to put this in my bag for my 5 iron for the MC.

I hit the F9 irons too... OL, but when I saw the driver display I couldn’t resist....honestly, I was so focused on the driver I can’t recall much, then again I only swung the 9i a dozen times or so... good reason to return to the candy store

78 freaking days!!! Get excited!

Back from vacation and down time, the real work begins!

78 freaking days!!! Get excited!

Back from vacation and down time, the real work begins!

Still can’t believe it’s coming up so quickly. Need to find my way to a range soon

Still can’t believe it’s coming up so quickly. Need to find my way to a range soon

Lol I just found myself looking at a calendar of the next couple months......yea. This thing is right around the corner

New Build Your FW Wood thread is now up.

New Build Your FW Wood thread is now up.

I have bought and tried more than my share of equipment, but for some reason, this is way more fun. It’s like waiting for Christmas as a kid.

I need it to stop raining! we have had something like 6 inches in the last week. Our course is playable only if you are driver certified at this point. :angry:

I need it to stop raining! we have had something like 6 inches in the last week. Our course is playable only if you are driver certified at this point. :angry:

You are not alone, my friend. Lows in the teens, highs in the mid twenties and snow on the ground. There is no golf in my neck of the woods.

You are not alone, my friend. Lows in the teens, highs in the mid twenties and snow on the ground. There is no golf in my neck of the woods.

and suddenly i am thankful for the rain. :laugh:

Back