Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Moved the weight to halfway to the toe after 9 today and with the shaft adapter in D /-1 things seem to get better. I wonder if having the shaft at D just counteracts the sliding weight being toe side? So it ends up just being Neutral?

Anyone have any idea?

Moved the weight to halfway to the toe after 9 today and with the shaft adapter in D /-1 things seem to get better. I wonder if having the shaft at D just counteracts the sliding weight being toe side? So it ends up just being Neutral?

Anyone have any idea?

The shaft setting is lie angle, while the weight is going to change COG - I personally don't see much of a change in terms of flight with the D/N settings, save for comfort at setup. For me the APW makes a much bigger difference.

My miss has turned into a bad pull hook and moving the weight towards the toe seemed to help a lot. I always played a fade off the tee and this hook / draw thing is hard to get used too, if it continues it may be a good thing as when I play for it and don't overdue it I hit some pretty long drives for a old guy.

Was at my lesson on Saturday and at the end of the of my lesson I hit this Driver.
He has a simulator that I hit into.
First Drive was piped right down the middle of the Range.
I looked him and said "Dude, how can I beat that?"
His comment to me was "That club is going to be a game changer for you"
He saw how I kind of struggled with the Rogue before I got the EF.

I proceed to hit 5 more and they were all straight as an arrow. The Dispersion is crazy good.
Can't wait for Charleston - this club might be the biggest change in my bag this year.

Last edited:
Coming soon

c75c69e230234e5db1c11c8f58170e3c.jpg

Was at my lesson on Saturday and at the end of the of my lesson I hit these Driver.
He a simulator that I hit into.
First Drive was piped right down the middle of the Range.
I looked him and said "Dude, how can I beat that?"
His comment to me was "That club is going to be a game changer for you"
He saw how I kind of struggled with the Rogue before I got the EF.

I proceed to hit 5 more and they were all straight as an arrow. The Dispersion is crazy good.
Can't wait for Charleston - this club might be the biggest change in my bag this year.

Love hearing this for you Mark. Can't wait to follow along and see how it plays out for you this year.

Cant wait to see Sub Zero bombs from Canadaniel

Cant wait to see Sub Zero bombs from Canadaniel

This is going to be an episode that should drop this week (we are recording today) and Honestly its super interesting stuff.

Had this video taken for another purpose, but thought I would share it as it is a pretty good representation of the sound this driver makes. This is indoors where typically drivers sound ridiculously louder than they do in real life. Ping G30's would almost be unplayable here. Since the first time I hit this club, I was shocked that it could have possibly gained a reputation of being crazy loud.

Had this video taken for another purpose, but thought I would share it as it is a pretty good representation of the sound this driver makes. This is indoors where typically drivers sound ridiculously louder than they do in real life. Ping G30's would almost be unplayable here. Since the first time I hit this club, I was shocked that it could have possibly gained a reputation of being crazy loud.

That's the way I've felt about it also. It's never stood out to me indoors on the sim as loud. I wonder how much difference different types of balls make on the sound. I could see a harder ball, like a range ball, really adding some unpleasant sound to it.

That's the way I've felt about it also. It's never stood out to me indoors on the sim as loud. I wonder how much difference different types of balls make on the sound. I could see a harder ball, like a range ball, really adding some unpleasant sound to it.

I was using a Srixon Z Star and TP5X. I guess I could see a really crappy range ball being loud. But, I think it would be loud on all drivers, not just the Epic Flash.

The demos at the GG store near my work are loud.
The demos at the other GG store are just fine.

I think it's the dampening or lack of in the work GG store is the difference.

I didn't mind the loudness when I first heard it.
Everyone says I swing like I'm killin' something.
So if it was loud, it would just be more of show for them.

Since it is not, then I just have to deal with the grief for buying something new again... but I'm used to this.

The shaft setting is lie angle, while the weight is going to change COG - I personally don't see much of a change in terms of flight with the D/N settings, save for comfort at setup. For me the APW makes a much bigger difference.
This has been the same case for me. The shaft setting essentially keeps me from leaving face open at address. The sliding weight has had the biggest impact for me.

Coming soon

c75c69e230234e5db1c11c8f58170e3c.jpg
I am counting down to this one! Partially because I'm really a fan of the tech in these drivers. Primarily because I want to see what @Canadan considers a miss here and what performance his "miss" yields with Flash Face.

This gave me a nice chuckle.

I really like this driver. I had a good day with it. THis is the first driver I can hit a controlled baby fade with when I need to and that has me really excited.

On top of that I’m finding it very forgiving, both on the toe or low on the face.

Time for an updated WITB...

10.5 Flash playing at 11.5. 2 rounds in with it, and have been absolutely lights out so far. Think I have missed 1 or 2 fairways so far. Distance is big, and forgiveness is there. Sound is a little loud but certainly not overly so. Just have such a comfort level with Callaway drivers it felt like coming back home. Now I just need to pick up a Helium Shaft to put in it to improve it even more.

Reposting here. 50% trade in back and a whole lot better:

92f44f89a6529ef486e0c0f75e134c82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reposting here. 50% trade in back and a whole lot better:

92f44f89a6529ef486e0c0f75e134c82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, this pisses me off a little as when I did the trade it was only on applicable callaway items.

Not gonna lie, this pisses me off a little as when I did the trade it was only on applicable callaway items.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case for many here. I've picked up only the Epic Flash fairways thus far through Callaway, and I got the bonus because I traded in some Rogues.

Back