2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid

took a few swings with the 5 hyd and while i hit it pretty good the 6 APEX iron was going just almost far. I can hit a hybrid well for about 2 weeks then it just leaves me and I end up going a different way.

I used my hybrids quite a bit this weekend. The new Apex clubs are just work horses. I saw enough to let me know that trajectory is not just a low-flying iron replacement. I got plenty of nice mid to mid-high balls. The club is great off the tees and very versatile off the deck. I am very happy with the Apex hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that shaft is so freaking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I like them in the hybrids even more than the irons (I went a different route, but the iron shafts are so good too). They clicked immediately for me.

I think I like them in the hybrids even more than the irons (I went a different route, but the iron shafts are so good too). They clicked immediately for me.

I second this - the shaft head pairing is IMO probably the best stock metalwood head/shaft pairing I’ve ever hit

I pre-ordered the 4&5 hybrids today to see if they can knock out the Apex hybrids I've been using the last few years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered the 4&5 hybrids today to see if they can knock out the Apex hybrids I've been using the last few years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The size is a bit different but if you can get past that I'm pretty confident you will be very happy with them.

I have the 5h as a 5i replacement. I've thought about getting the 4h due to the large distance gap I have between it and my 5w since I now hit that so well. However, since coming back and playing my home course I really haven't found myself left with a shot where the added distance of a 4h has been needed. The great thing about the 2019 Apex 5h is just how consistent it has been in regard to distance and trajectory and has been the perfect 5i replacement for me. I may still custom order a 4h to have some flexibility in how my bag is set up, especially for when I play other courses or travel.

My favorite line of Rogue in 2018 were the hybrids and it wasn't even close. Coming from the XR hybrids I liked the bigger sole/size/face and of course Jailbreak.

I grabbed the Apex hybrid and as soon as I grabbed it, just not for me. I think this gravitates towards the better player, the low single digit cap, I'm also not saying mid handicappers can't game this either, whatever fits your eye best. I believe it was @Jman asking about the profile and size compared to the original Apex hybrid and this new one was very small to me, and I think the older one was smaller than this one if memory serves me correct.

I took a couple of swings and thinned a few before putting it back, at address just didn't love it. Not enough junk in the trunk, smaller profile. The Rogue for me is perfect.

My favorite line of Rogue in 2018 were the hybrids and it wasn't even close. Coming from the XR hybrids I liked the bigger sole/size/face and of course Jailbreak.

I grabbed the Apex hybrid and as soon as I grabbed it, just not for me. I think this gravitates towards the better player, the low single digit cap, I'm also not saying mid handicappers can't game this either, whatever fits your eye best. I believe it was @Jman asking about the profile and size compared to the original Apex hybrid and this new one was very small to me, and I think the older one was smaller than this one if memory serves me correct.

I took a couple of swings and thinned a few before putting it back, at address just didn't love it. Not enough junk in the trunk, smaller profile. The Rogue for me is perfect.

did you bit the bertha hybrids (more junk profile wise) that got such rave reviews at the grandaddy? Thoughts on it?

We all are different, but to me, the new Apex hybrid is MUCH easier to hit than the old one.

We all are different, but to me, the new Apex hybrid is MUCH easier to hit than the old one.
Oh I'm sure it is. I'm just saying the smaller profile wasn't for me at all. And the older one was smaller if I recall. I need added forgiveness and confidence at address, the new Apex hybrid in my opinion is geared for the lower cappers' such as yourself. Aesthetically I like the design on the sole.

I think it's pretty generally easy to hit, though that profile tends to appeal to me. I don't love the "mini fairway wood" style of hybrid.

Was able to see and hit this today for the first time.
I currently own and game the previous model.

Was hoping they wouldn’t ruin it somehow. Really liked it!!!! The feel was far more solid than I thought it would be. It felt incredible. I also really like the new shaping of the head. The toe is a bit higher and more squared off. The only minor gripe is that I wish they kept the matte black finish. Otherwise, thinking this will be in my bag.

Was hoping they wouldn’t ruin it somehow. Really liked it!!!! The feel was far more solid than I thought it would be. It felt incredible. I also really like the new shaping of the head. The toe is a bit higher and more squared off. The only minor gripe is that I wish they kept the matte black finish. Otherwise, thinking this will be in my bag.

I would agree with the matte black finish. Usually my preference. If I don't like it I will have a friend spay a coat over it to a matte finish.

Solid is a good word to describe the feel.

Solid is a good word to describe the feel.

Dare I say that it almost felt muscle back blade like...

I got shipping confirmation on my 4 & 5 hybrids today! :banana: Excited to give them their paces.
My original Apex 4 hybrid the last two days has been solid. 8 shots going 195 to 205 yards. Will be fun to
compare the two out on the course. I'm sure the Apex 19 irons will be following soon. :clapp:

I have an open spot in the bag and I am thinking a hybrid will be the club to fill it. Currently I am planning to go 5i then heavenwood, so would need a hybrid to gap between the two. Given that the Bertha hybrids are rocket launchers, the Apex might be the solution to settle in the gap.

I have an open spot in the bag and I am thinking a hybrid will be the club to fill it. Currently I am planning to go 5i then heavenwood, so would need a hybrid to gap between the two. Given that the Bertha hybrids are rocket launchers, the Apex might be the solution to settle in the gap.

That is where my original 4 hybrid is placed. Between my 5hybrid and my Heavenwood. I do hit my Heavenwood about 25 yards further than my 4 hybrid, so I'm hoping the new 4 will close that gap a little bit.

That is where my original 4 hybrid is placed. Between my 5hybrid and my Heavenwood. I do hit my Heavenwood about 25 yards further than my 4 hybrid, so I'm hoping the new 4 will close that gap a little bit.

looking at the lofts they are close, but given that the Apex is a true iron replacement and the heavenwood set up will produce some yardage, I think the 4H will sit nicely in that spot

If any of you guys with these in hand get a chance to get on a LM somewhere, it would be really cool to see the spin and peak numbers. That's the biggest point of interest for me.

If any of you guys with these in hand get a chance to get on a LM somewhere, it would be really cool to see the spin and peak numbers. That's the biggest point of interest for me.

Kicking myself for not getting photos of those numbers during my fitting.

Hybrids rarely get me excited but I’d be lying if this didn’t break that trend. I can’t wait to see some numbers.

I've been planning on heading to the practice facility next week. I'll try to get some numbers.

I'll try doing that the next time I go. I had actually compared and taken screenshots of my new one vs. the previous model but my swing was ugly and it wasn't a great day to compare.

It seemed like the numbers on well struck shots were pretty similar, maybe a gain of 3-5 yards with the new model. For me it's what I wanted to see because I simply want the Apex to fill a gap.

Where it seemed to improve was forgiveness. My typical mishits are toe side and the original Apex would be an overcooked hook when I got toey. In the few swings I've taken so far this one doesn't seem to overhook as much and seems to keep up ball speed a little better.

With that said the hybrid is probably the club I've swung the least so these are very early thoughts.

Back