Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

You're going to want the MBs, right? Not the cavity backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I defiantly will get the 58 in MB, I'm confused about what to do with the 54 CB or MB...

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I defiantly will get the 58 in MB, I'm confused about what to do with the 54 CB or MB...

Dax

Hard to go wrong either way. With the new feel balanced technology (moving the CG closer to the middle) even the MB's are slightly more forgiving and playable. Won't be as much as the CBs for sure, but they aren't hard to play at all.

Dax

Just hit mine tomorrow.

God I love rust.
83ed36eb42c802e6aa076c12c0035a0f.jpg

bb5e46e6293fcf88524f1a25874ae959.jpg

I love the rust too!

I am loving these, have tested and played with them every day this week and they are amazing with light hits around the green. The spin is fantastic, constant sweet spot hit and sweet looks. I guess I am a cleveland guy now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Those look absolutely fantastic. Clearly the sole is working well for you with that contact too.

Does anyone know what dot configuration would be closest to the Tour Grind of the Mack Daddy 2 wedges?

I assume it 1 dot... But not sure...

Dax

Does anyone know what dot configuration would be closest to the Tour Grind of the Mack Daddy 2 wedges?

I assume it 1 dot... But not sure...

Dax

Based on the specs I found it looks like the 2-dots are closest.

Did some greenside chipping today with 56* and 52*. Turf interaction was good and in all stock set up, the ball just seemed to pop off the face. Top line was a little big compared to my gamers but no problem at all putting these in the bag for future rounds

83ed36eb42c802e6aa076c12c0035a0f.jpg

bb5e46e6293fcf88524f1a25874ae959.jpg

I love the rust too!

I am loving these, have tested and played with them every day this week and they are amazing with light hits around the green. The spin is fantastic, constant sweet spot hit and sweet looks. I guess I am a cleveland guy now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yep, I'm going to have to go with the raw finish. I really like that paint fill too!

The paint fill in those looks amazing with the rust!

Overall a very good day with the wedges today. Some very good chips around the green with almost half being up & down. Only one full shot with the 54°. Felt like decent contact, but came up a bit short of target, but still on green. Figure that will get better as I work more with the wedge.

Only negative so far is the 58 out of the sand. Three greenside sand shots today and all went sailing over the green. Not good. I've gotten so used to the 58 PM Grind wedge out of the sand and this just feels different. Will keep at it though. Intend to give these wedges a full 2 months of play to fully evaluate them.

Getting some killer spin greenside with the 54 on chip shots. I was also playing the Z-star today for the first full round. A significant difference in spin. Some hit and check reaction that I usually don't see. That was fun! Will get out again with these early on Monday morning.

Last edited:
Overall a very good day with the wedges today. Some very good chips around the green with almost half being up & down. Only one full shot with the 54°. Felt like decent contact, but came up a bit short of target, but still on green. Figure that will get better as I work more with the wedge.

Only negative so far is the 58 out of the sand. Three greenside sand shots today and all went sailing over the green. Not good. I've gotten do used to the 58 PM Grind wedge out of the sand abs this just feels different. Will keep at it though. Intend to give these wedges a full 2 months of play to fully evaluate them.

Getting some killer spin greenside with the 54 on chip shots. I was also playing the Z-star today for the first full round. A significant difference in spin. Some hit and check reaction that I usually don't see. That was fun! Will get out again with these early on Monday morning.

Try the 54 out of the sand. Thank me later.

I'll say this, I've lost ZERO versatility with thr 56 as a cb. Touch shots for days still.

So I was able to get out today after work. Quick observations: these feel much better than my Mizuno wedges. The weight of the head with the graphite shafts seems perfect. I can really feel the head all the way thru contact.
I hit a few bump and runs with the 50* today from the fringe and it worked easily. I spent a lot of time with the 58* today from 50 yards and in, I am in LOVE with this club!!!! No reason at all to have a 60* anymore. Short chips from the fringe, no problem. Flops from 10-15 yards over a bunker the sole just glides thru the turf. Even I'm the deep crabgrass I had no problems getting down thru the ball.

44 yards with the 58*
61545014fcfa713790b0a3d0214b1b15.jpg

54 yards with the 58*
8eb0d10c9f3454cf1dcfe82c5f7f9687.jpg

Nice even contact across the sole.
7d1d2fd571dae4c80406bee855a6b2c3.jpg

I'm getting new wedges next year. The info so far really has these at the top of my list. Seems like the only decision now is going to be CB or MB...

I'm pretty certain I'll be pre ordering these but want to try them first.

Debating:

50/54 CB and 58MB

Or

ALL MB

Or

Because of all the versatility just going

50/56

So many options

I'll be due for a change in about a year. these have my full attention.

I will be getting these out tomorrow again, the play today was on semi fluffy fairways (fescue) tomorrow will be tighter lies on zoysia fairways. It will be interesting if I can get the same action tomorrow as I sometimes struggle on tight lies.

Roger Dunn in my area had all the models in stock, but not on the floor, which can't come out until 9/16, but i've spent like a 100k there in the last 15 years so they let me pick up a 58' V-FG RTX-3 CB - VERY VERY excited!!!! I put an Iomic iXx 1.8 grip in black on it and it's a killer looking wedge that slipped into my bag perfectly. I carry the 54' Apex SW that matches my set, so this is my goto wedge. I put in a nice practice session with it today. It's more head heavy than the MacDaddy PM I was using, the spin you get from these grooves is pretty sick. It's super easy to open up, and since it's a CB and a little oversized I'm not in shock after gaming a MacDaddy PM for a year (which was basically a Ping Eye Wedge)...I feel like a gained a little control around the greens with this wedge versus the MacDaddy PM, but I lost a little in the bunker, as I found that the MacDaddy PM was maybe the easiest club I've every hit out of the bunker, but it's not nearly as clean from tight lies as the RTX-3 is...I'm really loving this wedge...it's been a while since I liked a wedge this much. For 30 +/- pitches, I love the heavy head, it slows down my tempo. I take a few practices swings and try to feel where the head and if I just let the club work, it's amazing...it's soft too, almost a forged feel, perhaps the black insert? Anyway, can't say enough good things about it. I'm really happy they went to the satin finish, I don't care for the black finish in the 2.0 model. I'm surprised they did not do both, perhaps in the future...

Got to get mine out today and want to say that I spent about 15 mins prior to my round on the short game green with my 58 and I must say it was so easy to hit and make clean contact consistently. As a user of the 2.0's I would sometimes see myself dig in and hit a little fat on some of these short chips but this is just so clean with the turf interaction. It really gave me a ton of confidence going into my round and with that club in my hand.

During my round I noticed on my chips around the green I was a little longer than intended and it was honestly just from making such clean solid contact. Two bunker shots stand out today for me. The first from around 65 yards, had major lip issues to content with my follow through and had used my 50. Ended up hitting a poor shot just due to circumstances but advanced the ball up around 30 yards further down this huge bunker on the par 5. So grab my 54 and wow smoky as silk, got it to stop pin high about 8-10 feet out to the left and managed to make the putt to save my par.

Another shot today that stuck out for me was a shot from 57 yards where I used my 58 and hit it pin high to around 6-8 feet for another par save.

Overall, these wedges are really solid. I love how easy they are to hit and I can't wait to be able to dial them in more with the really short chips.

Range time with these coming up shortly. Pretty excited to work with them again. #CleanContact

Range time with these coming up shortly. Pretty excited to work with them again. #CleanContact
Every wedge should have a Vsole.

Got mine out again early this morning. Super wet from the rain we got last night and the morning dew so I had a lot of mud balls. These wedges continue to amaze me at how the v-sole just helps guide it through any lie. I wasn't getting super close, but lies where I would normally chunk it and end up short, I was still putting them on the dance floor and giving myself a chance. I feel so comfortable with the 54 and 60 degree it's scary.

Back