Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

The New Phone Book's Here! The New Phone Book's Here!

My wedges finally arrived today. Hopefully I can get them on the range tonight.

Bonus points for anyone who actually got my movie reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! You're gonna love them. Gonna compliment that new driver and putter well!

Do these new-gen wedges shred ball covers like the legacy rule grooves did?

4e41a8b8707fd91b82552ca19f876577.jpg

d187d7e8ce4f1fb18c8cb11d68c431ea.jpg

I love it when golf ball gets left on new grooves :act-up:

The black almost looked like a gunmetal. They were pretty sweet.

1e1e24162c643aea792d963f7e79756f.jpg

The craziest part of the black wedges is just how well they wear. Nothing I have tried from Callaway or Titleist or Cleveland in the past has worn this well in black.

I'm seriously pondering new wedges and am considering either the new Cleveland RX-3's or the Callaway MD3's. Have never hit either and there is no nearby retail facility that carries any of the Cleveland wedges.

For those who have hit both I am very interested in hearing your thoughts?

I'm seriously pondering new wedges and am considering either the new Cleveland RX-3's or the Callaway MD3's. Have never hit either and there is no nearby retail facility that carries any of the Cleveland wedges.

For those who have hit both I am very interested in hearing your thoughts?

Both are good options. Sole design, overall weight, and finishes go to Cleveland. I own a set of both and don't see a single area where the MD3's are better. Spots where they may be pretty close, but Cleveland has some areas where they exceed.

Both are good options. Sole design, overall weight, and finishes go to Cleveland. I own a set of both and don't see a single area where the MD3's are better. Spots where they may be pretty close, but Cleveland has some areas where they exceed.

Agreed. The RTX-3s are legit!

Agreed. The RTX-3s are legit!

And it's not a knock on the MD3's at all. I found them to be callaways best wedges yet and I really enjoy playing them. The RTX 3's are just that good.

The finish is better than the MD3? Wow

Yes sir. And its not close.
If by better you mean how it wears and durability.

Yes sir. And its not close.
If by better you mean how it wears and durability.

Ya that's what I meant. That's impressive because I've still yet to see any scratching on the md3 wedges. The sole is getting shiny on the 60 but I use that in the sand mostly so that is to be expected

Ya that's what I meant. That's impressive because I've still yet to see any scratching on the md3 wedges. The sole is getting shiny on the 60 but I use that in the sand mostly so that is to be expected

mine are in amazing shape given how much i use them

The black almost looked like a gunmetal. They were pretty sweet.

1e1e24162c643aea792d963f7e79756f.jpg
I had my mind set on the raw finish but I like how that picture makes it look like gunmetal. Hmm...

These freaking wedges. Gooooood grief.

I'm going to say it, the dark finish is the best, most durable dark finish I've had on wedges.

I think the thing that has impressed me the most so far is how it glides across the turf. I can tend to get a bit to steep in my angle of attack sometimes, and I have yet to hit a fat shot, or be able to get thru any lie. The V-sole seems to work on any surface, thick crabgrass, tight zoysia lies.
I have the Rotex graphite shaft in mine and IMO it feels better than the steel shafts of my previous Mizuno and Callaway wedges.

I'm now in a conundrum.

I loved the CBs when I played them. Fantastic wedges. Would love them in the RTX-3.

But... that raw finish...

So after playing these today, I am seriously impressed. I'm very pleased with the CBs and ended up using the MBs more today. They feel fantastic, are plenty forgiving and that v-sole is $$$$. I'm going to get to the range again this week to hit more full shots so I can get my distances down but I am extremely pleased with these wedges. They really are the complete package!

I'm now in a conundrum.

I loved the CBs when I played them. Fantastic wedges. Would love them in the RTX-3.

But... that raw finish...

I wish they had more finish options. But good news for you is I have a RTX 3 50 here, then go 54/58 MB.

Got my first hits in on the range tonight. It was dark by the time I got there so the short game area was not in the cards tonight so I hit them of the mats. I had a nice soft mat that would pretty much mirror the feel of the first cut of rough or a soft fairway. The really did glide across the mat like it wasn't even there. These things have some crazy spin to them. I was dropping some with the 50* from about 75 yards that I could almost swear would have have spun back for me with my Q Star. They certainly are impressive. Even the range balls had very little rollout on the hard ground they were hitting. Next I need to see if I can find some time to get on a course this weekend.

The folks at TGW replied to a tweet and said that customization for the RTX-3 will be available on their site in a "couple weeks". I'll be ordering then.

The folks at TGW replied to a tweet and said that customization for the RTX-3 will be available on their site in a "couple weeks". I'll be ordering then.

what customization?

Back