The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

@Pkorf - I mentioned arriving on Thursday. Sounds like everyone's coming in on Friday. First flight lands in CLE at 11:47. I'm still interested in playing a round on Friday but defer to others with respect to the schedule. Start by 1:00?(best case) Finish at 5:30 - 6:00? Clean up and travel to dinner...that's tight.

@Pete379 - are you planning to arrive on Thursday or Friday?

I’m going to guess starting that late would be difficult to make it to the meet n greeet later on. If you wanna play golf Friday and can’t get in in the am id plan on getting in Thursday sometime. Just my 2 cents. Guessing the meet n greet will be around 6-630-7-730?

But to allow for enough time to check in...shower etc I’d plan accordingly. JB wants everyone there on time for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in wherever everyone else is staying. Just tell me what to do, who to send $ to. I’m assuming we’re staying two to a room? I haven’t met anyone on here I wouldn’t split a room with so I’m fine with that. Or if getting each our own, I can do that too.

Would rather split to save some cost.

I’m going to make this super easy.....

IF YOURE COMING IN THURSDAY....

Stay here for one night.....it’s closer to the course Thursday and Friday morning anyways.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...na/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

If your not coming in until Friday morning no need for this. However I’d love to play a round Friday teeing off before 11 at the latest. Preferably 9-10. If you get in early enough in Thursday we can probably play in the afternoon also.....FYI

@vortex @smiter @pete379 @djt311

Last edited:

Stay here for one night.....it’s closer to the course anyways.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...na/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

If your not coming in until Friday morning no need for this. However I’d love to play a round Friday teeing off before 11 at the latest. Preferably 9-10. If you get in early enough in Thursday we can probably play in the afternoon also.....FYI

My schedule is super flexible so if there enough for golf on Thursday I can make it, otherwise I may hit this hotel Thursday night and move to the other on Friday. I'm good with whatever really.

My schedule is super flexible so if there enough for golf on Thursday I can make it, otherwise I may hit this hotel Thursday night and move to the other on Friday. I'm good with whatever really.

Plan on golfing with me Thursday at some point and like you said staying at this hotel for one night.

This Clevetopia/Akron food better live up to the pkorf hype. I get in Thursday and need to experience this.

Stay here for one night.....it’s closer to the course anyways.

@vortex @smiter @pete379 @djt311

hey where you guys staying during the weekend?

This Clevetopia/Akron food better live up to the pkorf hype. I get in Thursday and need to experience this.

I mean.....I’m not worried.....

hey where you guys staying during the weekend?

Courtyard downtown Akron. Closer to course and dinner and meet n greets.

Courtyard downtown Akron. Closer to course and dinner and meet n greets.

Yeah good spot. Looks like my normal rate there is $147/night out the door you guys close to that then?

Yeah good spot. Looks like my normal rate there is $147/night out the door you guys close to that then?

Yea I finagled this just need to get some RSVPs ASAP so we don’t get shut out and I end up with 3/4 rooms that are advance purchased.
7764a75b23726c30c5f7b29ea5f1b788.jpg

Yea I finagled this just need to get some RSVPs ASAP so we don’t get shut out and I end up with 3/4 rooms that are advance purchased.
7764a75b23726c30c5f7b29ea5f1b788.jpg

Looks like same rate as me makes sense with our status. I wish I had seen this sooner I have a new friend at Marriott that would have gotten them for $127/night out the door

Looks like same rate as me makes sense with our status. I wish I had seen this sooner I have a new friend at Marriott that would have gotten them for $127/night out the door

Haha because of the tournament being here they blocked my corporate rate from being used. Would’ve been that same $127 out the door I bet.

Hey pkorf, drinks Thursday night, right?

Haha because of the tournament being here they blocked my corporate rate from being used. Would’ve been that same $127 out the door I bet.

This one is friends and family so no blackouts thankfully. Still all so much cheaper than when tour stop was there and hallf of fame weekend it was a fortune.

Hey pkorf, drinks Thursday night, right?

Oh most definitely!!!!! Most most most definitely

This one is friends and family so no blackouts thankfully. Still all so much cheaper than when tour stop was there and hallf of fame weekend it was a fortune.

Omg.....there’s no way rooms would even be available now. Then again there were going pretty fast from when I looked a couple days ago.

Oh most definitely!!!!! Most most most definitely

We can round up the troops that will be in town and have one or two and laugh.

Omg.....there’s no way rooms would even be available now. Then again there were going pretty fast from when I looked a couple days ago.

Yeah can't imagine many left. I just randomly went through to see if they have 3 rooms and they do. Probably not a ton after that.

Have a good time fellas!

Hey @Canadan

We can round up the troops that will be in town and have one or two and laugh.

Not sure which I like more. Drinking or laughing? I guess both will do!!

Not sure which I like more. Drinking or laughing? I guess both will do!!

We need burgers, drinks and THPers.

Back