2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

Lowry’s round was captivating to watch. Unbelievable.

Lowry really has his short game today. His pitch on 8 was unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier tee times tomorrow. Talking gusts up to 40mph later in the afternoon.

Final group 13.47 BST (08.47 EST) tomorrow.

Tee times moved up tomorrow because of weather.

There is going to be a hell of a party if Lowry takes this thing.

So anyone from the UK or Ireland can answer this. With Mcilroy out of it, is Lowry the local favorite or someone from England? Being the tournament is in Northern Ireland vs. Ireland I'm curious who the locals would rather see win.

I'm guess there aren't too many people on here from over there however.

With the weather getting progressively worse going into the back 9, it’s gonna be a hell of a fight to the finish. This has been a really great Open and man I wish I could have played this place back when I was there

Damn. Keep forgetting I’m playing tomorrow morning. Going to need to tape this and keep my phone off.
Dude I scheduled a 7:45 tee time with @jim54 to make sure I catch a majority of the final round and now they move the tee times up.

As long as I’m home by the Back 9 I’m happy. READY GOLF!

2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

So anyone from the UK or Ireland can answer this. With Mcilroy out of it, is Lowry the local favorite or someone from England? Being the tournament is in Northern Ireland vs. Ireland I'm curious who the locals would rather see win.

If not Mcilroy it would have been Clarke. After that it’s either McDowell or Lowry based on some stuff I’ve read and the snipets shown throughout the telecast

Last edited:
Absolutely love all of these final pairings going off.

Stenson-Spieth
Finau-Rahm
Willet-Westwood
Rickie-Rose
Brooks-Holmes
Fleetwood-Lowry

Notables*
Reed-Thomas

It'll be Lowry now for sure.

Full field was slightly different from what I could tell, it's the Norn Iron lads first (McIlroy, McDowell, Clarke) then Republic (Lowry, Harrington), and after that probably European Ryder Cup players, and after that it's player preference irrespective of nationality.

Pulling for the big man tomorrow!

It'll be Lowry now for sure.

Full field was slightly different from what I could tell, it's the Norn Iron lads first (McIlroy, McDowell, Clarke) then Republic (Lowry, Harrington), and after that probably European Ryder Cup players, and after that it's player preference irrespective of nationality.

Thanks. I have family in Solihull but they don't watch golf so weren't really sure. They surmised it would be dependent on the person if they identify more British or Irish even though they are from N. Ireland. I guess I would have to go visit and talk with the locals to get an idea what its like. One day.

I'm always Tiger first but really wanted McIlroy this time. Oh well, anyone but Koepka. I really would like to see an Englishman hoist the trophy though.

One thing of note are the fans at the tournament. You don't hear idiots yelling, "In the hole" after each shot. Very refreshing. So many nit-wits at tournaments in the states.

One thing of note are the fans at the tournament. You don't hear idiots yelling, "In the hole" after each shot. Very refreshing. So many nit-wits at tournaments in the states.

They’re still there, I assure you. But nowhere near as many. We don’t like the nit-wits either!

Stenson-Spieth
Finau-Rahm
Willet-Westwood
Rickie-Rose
Brooks-Holmes
Fleetwood-Lowry

Notables*
Reed-Thomas

Brooks is going to kill Holmes for slow play lol

Stenson-Spieth
Finau-Rahm
Willet-Westwood
Rickie-Rose
Brooks-Holmes
Fleetwood-Lowry

Notables*
Reed-Thomas

Low best ball out of those guys?

I’ll take Rickie and Rosie.

Brooks is going to kill Holmes for slow play lol
Haha I didn’t even realize that. Nice.

Parrot said:
Low best ball out of those guys?

I’ll take Rickie and Rosie.
@JDax we got action on this proposed question? I like it.

I said the same thing about Stenson.

That’s the other one. Although the times I’ve seen Spieth play this week, he looked quicker.

That’s the other one. Although the times I’ve seen Spieth play this week, he looked quicker.

Like the Spieth/Stenson grouping but they are gonna need some magic (and help) to catch the leaders. If Jordan could play well in the conditions tomorrow and sneak out a top 5 I think that would be impressive based on his season stats.

Back