COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

Finally got the Supernova out on our lumpy practice green. It was hard to get consistent rolls with the ball bouncing all over the place, but I was able to control my distance better with this one than I ever did with the ones I traded in on it. That part is encouraging.

This face is clickier than any putter I've ever owned. I don't know what to think about that, so far.

I really liked it in the 6-15 ft range. That has been a yippy problem recently.

I like the grip a lot more than I expected, too. Good size and feel, much better than the stock oversize grip on a Stroke Lab.

I really liked it in the 6-15 ft range.

That is great to hear. I know the stats say I shouldn’t make a ton of putts in this range, but it feels for awhile now I haven’t made anything in this range. I can’t wait to get it in hand.

Still can’t find a Stingray 40. Grrrrr

2 weeks in with mine and I’m pretty unimpressed with the SIK face. I don’t see it amounting to any less putts per round for me. I’m also not a fan of the head weight. One round I putt too long for the first half of the round and the next round I putt too short. I think my Cleveland is too light at 345 grams, so I think I need to be somewhere in between.

ETA correction on putter weight.

Last edited:
2 weeks in with mine and I’m pretty unimpressed with the SIK face. I don’t see it amounting to any less putts per round for me. I’m also not a fan of the head weight. One round I putt too long for the first half of the round and the next round I putt too short. I think my Cleveland is too light at 245 grams, so I think I need to be somewhere in between.
245. Wow. Never heard of a putter under 340g.

245. Wow. Never heard of a putter under 340g.
Sorry. Wrong number. Meant 345 and Cobra at 375. So I think I’m probably a candidate for something in the 355-365 range.

Had my first night with grandsport the other day. Overall I enjoyed it but need some more getting used to it. I was definitely leaving my longer putts short as it doesn't seem to have the pop my Bettinardi does. That bring said, I made a lot of putts in the 2 to 5 foot range range to my poor 1st putts but I felt very comfortable with the short ones. The head weight is great for me. Looking forward to some more rounds. Bonus points for finally having a grip with arccos embedded

Really feel like I am starting to groove with my Supernova. Starting to get some good stats with it in Arccos.
Screenshot_20210711-162646.jpg

Anyone gaming the Torino.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

So...the putter is here! King Supernova in all it's neon and 3D printed glory! I currently play a Scotty Futura X5 so was going to go for the Vintage Nova just because the shape was so similar, but I couldn't resist the SuperNova in the end. I've not had it to the course yet, and only rolled a few putts on the carpet, but a few observations.

This putter feels so stable going back and through. Putts felt very easy to start on line and follow the club through, almost felt unmissable from the few 3-4 footers that I rolled. Remains to be seen if that follows through to longer putts - will update as I go on.

The grip feels great to me. Both soft and solid at the same time, and was lined up perfectly.

Shaft at 35" is slightly longer than my current gamer, but that was deliberate as the last putting lesson I had the pro told me that I needed a longer shaft to stand more upright and less hunched over. So far so good, feels much more natural.

Feel off the face is somewhat more clicky and hard than I was expecting. Not unplesant, just...different. I'm sure that's the sik face doing it's work, but too early I think to really see results.

And yes...you can pick a ball up with it!

Early indications are very positive. It looks great and feels great. Now onto the course!

I have now gotten on course with my Agera 3 or 4 times for maybe 25 holes. I really like the distance consistency I am seeing. I had been playing a blade so the visual of this giant head took a bit of adjustment, but now I am really enjoying it. It has a nice solid feel with a slight click. I am coming from a solid milled putter with no face insert and this actually feels really similar to that. I know these mallet heads provide more consistent distance, but I think the SIK face is also helping. Where I really like the versatility of the face is on a longer putt from off the green I can forward press and it still leaves the slightly rounded edge hitting the ball so it doesn't feel nearly as much like I am hitting down on the ball and seems to produce a better roll.

I am loving this stat using my Supernova! My distance control with it lag putting is so on point now that I am getting settled in and comfortable.
Screenshot_20210713-090413.jpg

You Hackers are making Team Paradise jealous over here haha! Good stuff guys, can't wait get these putters in our hands.

Anyone gaming the Torino.
@echico selected the Torino for his Morgan Cup bag I believe and will have feedback hopefully soon.

You Hackers are making Team Paradise jealous over here haha! Good stuff guys, can't wait get these putters in our hands.

@echico selected the Torino for his Morgan Cup bag I believe and will have feedback hopefully soon.
I hope your team gets them all soon, everyone needs to see what great equipment Cobra has put out in the putter department! I think they rival anything out there! 🙃

Yes I ordered the Torino. Since then I got a new custom SIK putter that I was fitted for at Club Champion. I have gotten the SIK putter out for one round and I like the roll of the face. The whole putter fitting process really has my mind going nuts.

Club Champion fitting - 33" blade 67* lie 4.5* loft face balanced

Custom Byron Morgan - 33" blade 70* lie 2* loft 30* toe hang - I had this cut down and it is super light now (C4). This is one I would to add some weight in the shaft and get rolling again. The face balanced I am using in the Cobra and SIK might make this one obsolete

Scotty Cameron and Crown Mallet 1 - 33" mini mallet 70* lie 3* loft 30* toe hang - I had been using this before the SIK putter and have been hot and cold with it. It is a D1 swing weight where Club Champion wanted me at D4. This would be the first one on the sell list if it ever comes to that.

SIK Jo - All of the specs are exactly what I ordered. 1 round in with no practice with it and I like it. No 3 putts but I was leaving a number of putts short. It was a muni that had shaggy greens so not really putting much stock into it right now. Will have a couple more rounds before the weekend ends. You can see the roll difference with the face and I like it.

Torino - I have tested this, after I chose it, at 34 and 35". I have 2 extra set of weights (15 and 20) ready for when I cut down the putter. I will also get the lie adjusted. I will play with it as soon as it comes in to see what the loft looks like and how I get along with it. The grip on the cobra will be the largest grip I have ever used as the Scotty and SIK have a pretty small grip on it as the Arccos sensor is bigger than the grip. Really excited for the face balanced mini mallet on real greens so will test out against the SIK. I am going to make the lie change before the Morgan Cup, just not sure about cutting it down yet or changing grip. Want to make sure I put the time into it before the Cup so we can keep the trophy in the correct office. :p

I hope your team gets them all soon, everyone needs to see what great equipment Cobra has put out in the putter department! I think they rival anything out there! 🙃
I'll echo that Tim, hope you guys get all yours sorted really soon. Can't wait to hear what you all think about them (y)

I was kind of hoping they all get their putters on October 6th right before they pack up for Vegas ;)

I was kind of hoping they all get their putters on October 6th right before they pack up for Vegas ;)
Honeymoon status will lead us straight to the title 😜

First go out with the SuperNova last night, and results were mixed to say the least!

The putter feels fantastic in hand, and is a piece of cake to line up and really feels like you can go straight back and through smoothly. The feel off the face isn't as clicky as I had felt in the house on the mat and the sound also seems a lot more muted. The ball starts off online, and just seems to roll very smoothly and consistently - a lovely roll.

The only issue I had was that my distance control was woeful. From about 6' and in, this thing was absolute money, putts were going in left right and center. But anything longer than that and I was really struggling to get to the hole, and the longer 20' putts I was lucky to get halfway there. I think my issue is that the head is pretty heavy feeling, and I was convinced that if I gave it a good crack then I'd be off the green on the other side, but it wasn't the case. Quite a bit of user error there though, as always with a new putter it will take time to figure out how it reacts and where if fits with the stroke. Once the distance control comes in, this will hole a lot of putts!

Awesome initial go! We will enjoy hearing how you get the distance control dialed in.

Hearing how everyone loves these inside 8’ or so I can’t wait.

I can definitely attest that once you get distance control locked in, this putter (Supernova) is just amazing. I keep either making or just missing putts up to 10ft, including uphill/downhill bending putts. It’s made such a noticeable improvement in my putting game!

From about 6' and in, this thing was absolute money, putts were going in left right and center. But anything longer than that and I was really struggling to get to the hole
Seconded. I didn't miss inside 10 ft, but left a couple 40-footers woefully short this morning.

I finally got a long one to the hole on the last hole, but it was all downhill. I need more practice with this thing.

I think my issue is that the head is pretty heavy feeling, and I was convinced that if I gave it a good crack then I'd be off the green on the other side, but it wasn't the case.

Meant to reply to this earlier in my post above - I very much agree with this. The weight makes you think a lighter touch is adequate for longer putts, but unless it's downhill I've found that not to be the case - I end up leaving my putts short if I go easy with my stroke.

Seconded. I didn't miss inside 10 ft, but left a couple 40-footers woefully short this morning.

I finally got a long one to the hole on the last hole, but it was all downhill. I need more practice with this thing.
Meant to reply to this earlier in my post above - I very much agree with this. The weight makes you think a lighter touch is adequate for longer putts, but unless it's downhill I've found that not to be the case - I end up leaving my putts short if I go easy with my stroke.

Seems to be a pretty common theme, I know a couple of our guys had exactly the same thoughts as well. As I said, the feel on shorter putts is second to none, just have to practice more from longer range to get the control. Either that or just get so good with the wedges and irons that there are no long putts :LOL:

Easy to paint if you don't like the silver, the screws that hold the weights also attach the silver pieces to the body.
0715211140b.jpg

Back