IndelibleUnequaledJaeger-size_restricted.gif

I've been traveling all day but just came in here to say "Bahahahahahahahahahahha".

Cobra & Bryson deserve each other.

What did Cobra do to you?

Not sure I get what Cobra has done to “deserve” anything?

What did Cobra do to you?

I've just had awful customer service (read: zero customer service) after multiple heads cracked. Maybe Canada or local rep specific but either way I don't respect the brand products or quality after my experience.
You might even say that the Cobra clubs I had "sucked".

I saw this earlier but with work haven't been able to get to see what was going on till now. This thread has been quite entertaining. I am in the camp that what he said was totally unacceptable, and that was a halfassed apology that didn't even say what it should have. I'm not surprised with him though sadly.

I am curious to see how this ends after the open. Will it all blow over or will there be some serious talks. It’s hard to root for the guy at this point.

bryson needs aaron rodgers to hit his drives for the rest of the week

Bryson as everyone has a different outlook and attitude toward life and golf. I'm glad we are not all like robots thinking and acting the same way. Pride is a problem, and golf definitely has a way of working on it, but when ya problem club, what do you do? Some of you wrap it around a tree, an cuss so loud the whole course can hear ya. There's all kinds of players out there on the local level and pro. I don't think we need to stereo type them to all be a perfect country club gentleman.

I think the 8 year old description sums him up well.

1. 5 degree loft is insane and gives no room for error.
2. His swing speed and lunge at the ball reduce room for error even further.
3. His reward may be 350 yard + drives but his control of direction will suffer.
4. Welcome to the long grass.

It is clear that he does not listen to the Cobra experts, he just tells them what he wants and when he gets it , he complains that he can not use it....problem seems to be with him, and hats off to the Cobra guy who called him out. He has since apologised, and I suspect he was warned that Cobra could offload his contract and he would be left without a manufacturer who would want to look after him.

This whole situation is nuts! Struggling to believe that someone would actually come out with that interview and publically blast the company that has been bending over backwards to cater for his whims and ideas, for no other reason other than his driving was pish on a particular day. And that apology made no sense and was about as sincere as a gameshow host. I had been coming round to Bryson lately but this is just an embarrassment.

Wait ... he did play a few practice rounds, right? Did it perform horrible then too? I'm sure he could have called up Cobra & they would have sent him whatever he wanted. For him to blame the club is just an unprofessional thing to do. Just say I had a bad day swinging the driver .... don't call out one of your sponsors, especially to the media. Maybe complain directly to them over the phone, but not on social media, television. etc. :rolleyes:
Just to play devils advocate (I totally disagree with Bryson criticising his equipment/Cobra) but what he’s saying is the R&D isn’t there. It’s not a case of just choosing something else that works, he’s expecting Cobra to create something new for him, and despite their R&D team’s best efforts, he’s saying they can’t do it and haven’t provided him with a good enough product 🙄.

Cobra needs a new commercial with Tour players all saying the drivers suck. Then release a new model called the SUKS (Sorry U Kant Swing) with a middle finger as the alignment mark.

They’d sell millions.

Just to play devils advocate (I totally disagree with Bryson criticising his equipment/Cobra) but what he’s saying is the R&D isn’t there. It’s not a case of just choosing something else that works, he’s expecting Cobra to create something new for him, and despite their R&D team’s best efforts, he’s saying they can’t do it and haven’t provided him with a good enough product 🙄.
No excuse. Doesn’t matter what he is “saying”. It should never have been said in an interview. That is a conversation he can have with them privately. I don’t see this as a Cobra issue to begin with. I doubt any manufacturer is going to make something that will make him happy with what he has done with his swing. Anyway you look at it, he has only himself to blame for every aspect of this.

Hey I wasn’t
No excuse. Doesn’t matter what he is “saying”. It should never have been said in an interview. That is a conversation he can have with them privately. I don’t see this as a Cobra issue to begin with. I doubt any manufacturer is going to make something that will make him happy with what he has done with his swing. Anyway you look at it, he has only himself to blame for every aspect of this.
Hey I’m not making excuses for him what he said was unprofessional and moronic. I was just pointing out to the poster that in the eyes of Bryson, picking something else out of Cobra’s existing product range wouldn’t solve his “problem”. His problem being that accuracy reduces with distance. Good luck designing a driver that solves that problem. Bryson ain’t half as smart as he thinks he is and I’d love to see Cobra drop him over this BS.

I’m curious to see how some people defend him this time. Not at all the first time he’s acted like an ass.

I just hate it for Cobra. But it 100% goes in line with another story I’ve heard about Beefcake Bryson from someone in the industry who used to work with him.

I’m curious to see how some people defend him this time. Not at all the first time he’s acted like an ass.

I just hate it for Cobra. But it 100% goes in line with another story I’ve heard about Beefcake Bryson from someone in the industry who used to work with him.
Hahahahaha “Beefcake Bryson”……..

I want a driver that lets me swing out of my shoes without penalizing mishits. Anyone got a link and discount code?

I want a driver that lets me swing out of my shoes without penalizing mishits. Anyone got a link and discount code?

He's been playing Cobra now for how long? Quite a long time I believe. It seemed to work the past number of tournaments, including the one that he won. :eek: But now it's the R&D's fault because their best efforts are not good enough? He's just an ass that should have just admitted that he had a bad day with the driver ... end of story ;)

Not sure if it's the same person (you've talked to more than I have for sure), but I've heard the same thing from someone that (attempted to, at least) did work with him

Back