The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I believe he was unemployed (thankfully) since it will be a different network next year. Hopefully all coverage improves.

Yes, hockey on ESPN. More Barry Melrose.

Sens did the entire world a favor by hiring the peanut head haha - I might actually watch nationally televised hockey coverage again.

Because having handled the job as the dude between the glass for NBC all those years must surely qualify him for a front office position. Are the Sens even relevant?

Expansion draft day for the Kraken. Reports indicate that they passed on taking Carey Price who was left unprotected by the Habs. Picks will be revealed later today.

Expansion draft day for the Kraken. Reports indicate that they passed on taking Carey Price who was left unprotected by the Habs. Picks will be revealed later today.
Passed on Voracek and JVR who were both left unprotected by the Flyers

I am really excited to see which future star Columbus didn't protect lmao

Reports are that the Kraken selected Gavin Bayreuther from Columbus. Report also indicated that there may have been a side deal between the teams so that the Kraken would take him as opposed to other unprotected players.

I will say - the team killed it with the mascot, logo, and colors. I am very bitter about how the two most recent teams were able to come into the league and basically be viable immediately, but it's harder to do when you bring in 3 at the same time. Will be interested to see the picks.

I will say - the team killed it with the mascot, logo, and colors. I am very bitter about how the two most recent teams were able to come into the league and basically be viable immediately, but it's harder to do when you bring in 3 at the same time. Will be interested to see the picks.
Vegas fans will never know our pain.

Vegas fans will never know our pain.

Nor will Seattle. The Kraken should be a decent team.

Reports are that the Kraken selected Gavin Bayreuther from Columbus. Report also indicated that there may have been a side deal between the teams so that the Kraken would take him as opposed to other unprotected players.
Well that is....interesting.

Really looking forward to seeing the Kraken roster… some very tempting players available.

Also, saw the Kraken signed Adam Larsson and will be their selection from Edmonton.

Here is a current list of who they think the Kraken have selected:

Metro Division:
  1. PIT: Brandon Tanev
  2. WSH: Vitek Vanecek
  3. NYR: Collin Blackwell
  4. NYI Jordan Eberle
  5. PHI: Carsen Twarynski
  6. NJD: Nathan Bastian
  7. CBJ: Gavin Bayreuther
  8. CAR: Morgan Geekie
Atlantic Division
  1. OTT: Joey Daccord
  2. TOR: Jared McCann
  3. TBL: Yanni Gourde
  4. BUF: William Borgen
  5. MTL: Cale Fleury
  6. BOS: Jeremy Lauzon
  7. FLA: Chris Driedger
  8. DET
Central Division
  1. COL: Joonas Donskoi
  2. WPG: Mason Appleton
  3. MIN: Carson Soucy
  4. NSH: Calle Järnkrok
  5. STL: Vince Dunn
  6. DAL: Jamie Oleksiak
  7. AZ: Tyler Pitlick
  8. CHI: John Quenneville
Pacific Division
  1. LAK: Kurtis MacDermid
  2. VAN: Kole Lind
  3. CGY: Mark Giordano
  4. ANA: Haydn Fleury
  5. SJS: Alexander True
  6. EDM: Adam Larsson
  7. VGK: Exempt
Apparently Detroit was so bad that they didn't want anyone from the Red Wings.

They got a decent goalie from Florida, a former Norris Trophy winner in Giordano, a few established goal scorers in Eberle and Donskoi and a very good player in Gourde ( a third line center for TB who will likely center the top line for the Kraken).

This is such a weird phenomenon for a kid whose hockey roots started in the 90's.

Also - I get that its a "rule" or something...but the fact that Vegas is exempt is absolute trash. Literally have come in and made deep playoffs runs since the start and you're saying they can't give someone up but all the teams fighting to try to be playoff teams can?

It is so stupid that Vegas is exempt. They've had more success than most teams since they started.
They also get none of the expansion fee that Seattle paid to join the league as well so that is their trade off.

Metro Division:
  4. NYI Jordan Eberle
Atlantic Division
  8. DET
Central Division
Pacific Division

They got a decent goalie from Florida, a former Norris Trophy winner in Giordano, a few established goal scorers in Eberle and Donskoi and a very good player in Gourde ( a third line center for TB who will likely center the top line for the Kraken).
Columbus's offerings were so poor that they picked up a minor league defenseman who is UFA this summer. I can only assume Seattle has negotiated a deal with him already to play on their AHL team.

It is so stupid that Vegas is exempt. They've had more success than most teams since they started.
Columbus's offerings were so poor that they picked up a minor league defenseman who is UFA this summer. I can only assume Seattle has negotiated a deal with him already to play on their AHL team.

That looks to be the case with this selection.

Metro Division:
  4. NYI Jordan Eberle
Atlantic Division
  8. DET
Central Division
Pacific Division

That's a decent hockey team. Not quite Vegas calibre, but still very respectable.

This is such a weird phenomenon for a kid whose hockey roots started in the 90's.

Also - I get that its a "rule" or something...but the fact that Vegas is exempt is absolute trash. Literally have come in and made deep playoffs runs since the start and you're saying they can't give someone up but all the teams fighting to try to be playoff teams can?
I agree on both counts! It feels 'wrong' that Detroit is not good after being dominant for so long!

And yes, seems unfair from the roster aspect of things that teams like Buffalo had to let a player go when Vegas didn't. Should have built a rider of some type into their expansion contract. But, then again, I'm sure Buffalo appreciated the cash from Seattle's expansion fee and Vegas didn't see a penny.

And yes, seems unfair from the roster aspect of things that teams like Buffalo had to let a player go when Vegas didn't. Should have built a rider of some type into their expansion contract. But, then again, I'm sure Buffalo appreciated the cash from Seattle's expansion fee and Vegas didn't see a penny.

Vegas apparently will not receive a share of the fee paid by Seattle. However, they get to keep their team intact and didn't have to expose someone like Marc-Andre Fleury who they may trade for NHL caliber players.

Last edited:
It was unfair that COL and MN came in at the same time. Granted mn made a deep run in our 3Rd season.

G
Hope they didn't take Kahkonen from us.

Flyers traded Ghost, a 2nd, and 7th to Arizona for nothing in return 🤮

Back