The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Kraken could have helped us with that!

I think your Flyers misplayed their hand. I'm thinking they were counting on the Kraken to take someone other than Twarynski. So, they had to get the cap relief by making a trade and get nothing in return for Ghost.

I think your Flyers misplayed their hand. I'm thinking they were counting on the Kraken to take someone other than Twarynski. So, they had to get the cap relief by making a trade and get nothing in return for Ghost.
They never cease to find new ways to hurt me 💔

Draft tonight. Then probably time for a 2021-2022 thread.

They never cease to find new ways to hurt me 💔

What about today's trade of a first round pick tonight , a future second to Buffalo and Robert Hagg for Rasmus Ristolanien. a cap space move yesterday followed by trading draft capital today for a what may be a degrade from Gostisbehere.

This makes a whole lot more sense today!

PHI picked up Ristolainen from BUF.

You beat me to it. I'm just excited to find out that the Lightning are home both weekends that I will be in Tampa in October and November. My daughter lives about 5 minutes from the arena.

What about today's trade of a first round pick tonight , a future second to Buffalo and Robert Hagg for Rasmus Ristolanien. a cap space move yesterday followed by trading draft capital today for a what may be a degrade from Gostisbehere.
Nope ready to move on from Ghost. Both sides need a fresh start.

a lot of trades so far.

Rangers gave away Buchnevich for a very underwhelming return. If this isn’t clearing cap space for Eichel I’m going to be super disappointed in Drury’s start as GM. Especially after signing Goodrow for 6 years

hahaha go f**k yourself, Columbus.
Thanks for leaving the bandwagon. I'm sure the constant disappointment of the leafs will be fulfilling for you.

Thanks for leaving the bandwagon. I'm sure the constant disappointment of the leafs will be fulfilling for you.
How could a team who has been rebuilding since 2000 ever have a bandwagon?

We will gladly welcome you you Leafs Nation!

Go Leafs Go!
I have legitimately never been a Leafs fan. Ottawa swap to Columbus in 2000, and the rest has been pure aggravation haha

May as well, I don't have cable but would probably buy Center Ice if I had a team I could actually watch and not get blacked out.

I have legitimately never been a Leafs fan. Ottawa swap to Columbus in 2000, and the rest has been pure aggravation haha

May as well, I don't have cable but would probably buy Center Ice if I had a team I could actually watch and not get blacked out.
I was a Nordiques fan until they went to Colorado. Joe Sakic is my favourite player… But ever since, I’ve been a die-hard Leafs fan!

Completely agree about the blackouts! I fill out their surveys every chance I get as a paying customer since 2012. Blackouts are dumb. Luckily I’m an out-of-market fan!

Has Toronto been "rebuilding" since 1967?
They had some good years mixed in there… and as much as I respect him, and think Gretzky is an icon - that was a high stick.

Has Toronto been "rebuilding" since 1967?
So, your reasoning for Columbus having a bandwagon is about Toronto? lmao, k bud.

I've tolerated Columbus being awful at producing any sort of consistent on ice program for 20 years. I make one joke about bailing to a team I've never cheered for, and somehow there's a bandwagon to hop off of? Do bad teams get to have bandwagons? Or is it more like a piece of wood that is dragged behind a goat?

They had some good years mixed in there… and as much as I respect him, and think Gretzky is an icon - that was a high stick.
And I think Columbus had a few good years too but its time to blow it up because the players here just weren't cutting it. I have nothing against Toronto. It's a nice city and I wanted them to go far this year. I thought they had a good shot to go far.

So, your reasoning for Columbus having a bandwagon is about Toronto? lmao, k bud.

I've tolerated Columbus being awful at producing any sort of consistent on ice program for 20 years. I make one joke about bailing to a team I've never cheered for, and somehow there's a bandwagon to hop off of? Do bad teams get to have bandwagons? Or is it more like a piece of wood that is dragged behind a goat?

bandwagon
noun, often attributive

band·wag·on | \ ˈband-ˌwa-gən \
Definition of bandwagon

1: a usually ornate and high wagon for a band of musicians especially in a circus parade
2: a popular party, faction, or cause that attracts growing support —often used in such phrases as jump on the bandwagon
3: a current or fashionable trend

You seemed to be supportive a couple of years ago when they were in the playoffs but now they rebuild and blow up their core that just wasn't good enough to get the job done and you trash them, laugh at them and claim you never cheered for them when they need to start over. That sounds like jumping off the bandwagon to me.

Back