First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Met up with a threesome today at the course and all three guys had some sort of 21 Apex configuration. I felt like the odd man out but I do love the standard apex line

Met up with a threesome today at the course and all three guys had some sort of 21 Apex configuration. I felt like the odd man out but I do love the standard apex line
We're these THPers, or just a lot of new Apex combos out in the wild?

Had fun playing the quadruple combo today. Hit a real nice standard 3i, was on target with most all of them. It's really cool to have 4 different models in the bag and get the feel changes between them in back to back holes.

Had fun playing the quadruple combo today. Hit a real nice standard 3i, was on target with most all of them. It's really cool to have 4 different models in the bag and get the feel changes between them in back to back holes.
What did you think of the dcb shots vs the standard.. and could you see yourself playing all dcbs?

What did you think of the dcb shots vs the standard.. and could you see yourself playing all dcbs?
No, I don't have any DCB's. I have a few standards, the Pros, TCB's, and MB's. I think I've only ever taken one swing with a DCB, so I don't really have any input for you on that comparison. Sorry.

No, I don't have any DCB's. I have a few standards, the Pros, TCB's, and MB's. I think I've only ever taken one swing with a DCB, so I don't really have any input for you on that comparison. Sorry.
no worries... getting fitted tomorrow after coming from cf16s and curious where i'll land, if it'll be a combo of dcbs and standard apex.. in my mind i'm leaning to all dcbs, since i do mishit iron shots at time and could benefit from a little help in all the clubs and if they feel soft like the cf16'sdid and also the standard apex 21s do, why not get all the benefits i can from one set..

Not THPers, just golfers at our club.
Apex combos have come along way since the range at Mission Inn.

Two rounds this weekend with these. One was great and the other, far more hungover round was just ok. When my game is on the mixed combo set is pretty perfect.

I have been hitting more greens since switching to the standard Apex irons. Previously my main miss was short but these are more forgiving on that low, toe side miss I fight

I have been hitting more greens since switching to the standard Apex irons. Previously my main miss was short but these are more forgiving on that low, toe side miss I fight

I absolutely love the Mixed Combo set when I'm firing on all cylinders but I do wonder if I'd be better off with the standard Apex as an all around set. Maybe get some help on those off days.

Shouldn't have put some of the MB's back in the bag as part of the multi-combo. I was finding myself going out of my way to use them over other clubs yesterday. Real good combo with the TCB's on playability despite different feels. Might stick with that for a bit.

With days like today someone might need to pry the TCB/MB combo from my cold dead hands. Sweet baby Jesus that's just about everything a guy could need.

Today i bought a new set of Apex Pro 4-pw. Gonna be interesting to see if they kick my old X Forged -18 out of the bag? 🤔

My prediction is yes.

I seriously need to try the 21 Apex Pro irons. Might have to see if I can find a single iron to buy and test.

‘21 Apex Pro irons with MMT shafts…..best irons I have ever owned and played…..PERIOD!

With days like today someone might need to pry the TCB/MB combo from my cold dead hands. Sweet baby Jesus that's just about everything a guy could need.

I have a set with the 21 MBs in 7-PW and 21 Pros in 4-6. Those MBs are just :love:

I have a set with the 21 MBs in 7-PW and 21 Pros in 4-6. Those MBs are just :love:
They really are. I played a combo like yours for quite a few rounds early this year. It's a nice setup.

I got two rounds in with the 7-AW DCBs. Impressed with the accuracy and repeatable distance of each iron. No flyers or hot spots for me with these. Exceptional pitches along with nice bump and runs. I can feel the toe misses, but no loss of distance, or block pushes. Really digging these irons so far.

Flushed shots with the Pros are sooo addicting. I'm probably toeing the line of my ability playing the mixed combo set but these irons are just fun for me.

Finally having some success with my standard 21's and KBS $ taper combo. I've been struggling this year and just continued to grind it out. Been stroking the ball much better and getting nice high shots without sacrificing distance. I'm a full club longer than my CF16's but still landing it soft when I'm hitting them well. Alot of work left to do keeping a consistent swing but these things feel great when I'm playing solid.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Today i took the decision to play Apex pro. I have been playing the X Forged -18 for 3 years now.
Must say that that the Pros are really nice and very forgiving.
The only issue i have is the " click " in the lower irons.

Really want to pull the trigger, it's either pros 5-w in standard loft lie -.25" with s400 shafts or apex21 5-w 2 degrees weak with elevate 115X same lie and length!!
Anyone have standards bent weak and having turf issues??

Order is in for the Pros. As of now anticipated ship date is mid October. Let's hope they are under promising and will over deliver. Either way, really looking forward to getting them. Demo'ed them a bunch of times before pulling the trigger and really enjoyed them.

Back