EXPERIENCE Dream Foursomes with True Temper and Callaway Golf

I used to have Callaway wedges that I loved. Nothing at the moment though, have been looking at the irons though!
So many good options in the irons. Not only each individual iron, but those Combo sets are very, very intriguing.

Which ones have your interest the most? And an appropriate response of "All" is ok :ROFLMAO:

So many good options in the irons. Not only each individual iron, but those Combo sets are very, very intriguing.

Which ones have your interest the most? And an appropriate response of "All" is ok :ROFLMAO:

I like muscle backs, but I am not playing as much anymore, so was thinking cavity backs for a bit more forgiveness, but I am excited to hear more about the tech in person!

I can say for fact, everybody will be putting a Callaway golf ball in play for the rounds at PGA National.

To be honest, after reading the recent article on the forum about Callaway balls, I went out and purchased a dozen Truvis and a dozen Supersoft. And I already have a dozen ERC Soft. I think it's time for some Callaway ball testing for me. As part of my homework in preparation for the Experience.

That B21 driver has been good for a lot of people! Can't wait to see what you can do with it!

It's very accurate. Even when I have a bad swing, the B 21 keeps me in play. I also have the B 21 4H, I have been using that this season, but I'm kind of leaning towards a 7w at this time.

I like muscle backs, but I am not playing as much anymore, so was thinking cavity backs for a bit more forgiveness, but I am excited to hear more about the tech in person!
Seriously great opportunity to get first hand knowledge! Excited to see what we all get to learn!

Seriously great opportunity to get first hand knowledge! Excited to see what we all get to learn!

I'm coming in prepared to ask and learn. I still can't believe that I'm going to be part of the awesome Experience and that we will have the opportunity to not only play golf but also to learn about True Temper and Callaway equpment.

Yes, I will have Callaway clubs in my bag. I have the B 21 Driver, 3W, and 5H in my bag this year.
I've been thinking hard about looking at a B21 driver. You've definitely given it some good press here.

Last edited:
I've been thinking hard about look at a B21 driver. You've definitely given it some good press here.

It has eliminated the big miss right for me. Hit 8 of 14 fairways yesterday.

It has eliminated the big miss right for me. Hit 8 of 14 fairways yesterday.
Yup that's me! I've definitely got my drive alot more on track, but I certainly play off the right.

Hey @Bernoulli @Tenputt @jfox789 @V14_Heels @Carolina Dundee

With the comments above, saying we'll all be playing Callaway balls, thought it would be a fun exercise for us all to try. Follow the link and see which ball you're fit into:

Based on the Selector tools, Option #1 is the Chromesoft, and Option #2 is the Chromesoft X. If I adjust parameters just a bit they can switch spots. I usually lean to the X type of ball from various manufacturers, but may need to test these side by side.

Based on the Selector tools, Option #1 is the Chromesoft, and Option #2 is the Chromesoft X. If I adjust parameters just a bit they can switch spots. I usually lean to the X type of ball from various manufacturers, but may need to test these side by side.
These tools are always so hard for me. I mean...I don't know if I want distance, straight, soft feel, greenside control or alignment aids on them more. So hard to rank those for me. I mean in a perfect world with an unlimited budget I would love to have a Triple Track putter and play Triple Tracks a 100% of the time, but...here I am with my Pinemeadow putter and 2018 ProV1x's haha. It comes out with Chrome Soft Triple Tracks for me, but Chrome Soft X's are probably close to a Pro V1x.

If you don't have a Callaway driver for the event and you ask nicely, I'm sure I can get @Carolina Dundee my B21 for you to play with for the event.
I mean that's a hell of a generous offer! I'd probably be stressed out hitting someone else's driver, don't duff it, don't hit it on the crown, I'd probably be a disaster lol.

I think the real question for this event is who's Team Callaway and who's Team True Temper. I want to start getting into the competitive spirit ya know?

These tools are always so hard for me. I mean...I don't know if I want distance, straight, soft feel, greenside control or alignment aids on them more. So hard to rank those for me. I mean in a perfect world with an unlimited budget I would love to have a Triple Track putter and play Triple Tracks a 100% of the time, but...here I am with my Pinemeadow putter and 2018 ProV1x's haha. It comes out with Chrome Soft Triple Tracks for me, but Chrome Soft X's are probably close to a Pro V1x.
I understand. I like to see what they recommend and get an idea of what might fit best. But I want this recommendation as another education tool that can prompt questions, especially with having @JasonFinleyCG at the table. I agree there are more than 3 aspects of performance that could drive my decision, because at PGA National I want something that stays dry, but that wasn't an option :ROFLMAO:.

I think the real question for this event is who's Team Callaway and who's Team True Temper. I want to start getting into the competitive spirit ya know?

If we put everybody with True Temper on one side and everybody with Callaway on another, we end up with like 1 THPer, so instead, since Callaway and True Temper work together we will have some fun.

If we put everybody with True Temper on one side and everybody with Callaway on another, we end up with like 1 THPer, so instead, since Callaway and True Temper work together we will have some fun.
Oh I just assumed, Keenan was basically the captain of one of our "threesomes" and Jason was the captain of the other. I was really just messing around though, I don't care lol they both sound like awesome dudes! The excitement is building, unfortunately my game hasn't been lately. :(

The excitement is building, unfortunately my game hasn't been lately. :(
No worries, regardless of how you play it'll be a blast. You still have some time to improve, but in the end we'll all hit good some good shots, and some bad shots, I can guarantee that!

No worries, regardless of how you play it'll be a blast. You still have some time to improve, but in the end we'll all hit good some good shots, and some bad shots, I can guarantee that!

There will be some sort of competition, and these courses are TOUGH. So we urge people regardless of skill level, there is PLENTY of time to get that game in shape. Grab a lesson, work on a few things and come in playing your best.

I say this all of the time, you have the chance to play at a PGA Tour stop and the same courses the pros play every year. It has hosted a major, a Ryder Cup, etc. Play it with people from two of the biggest golf companies in the world. Not some local sales reps, but actual people involved with bringing equipment to market.

Everybody's skill level is different, but I would want to be playing my best at least.

1 THPer?

[/QUOTE]

There will be some sort of competition, and these courses are TOUGH. So we urge people regardless of skill level, there is PLENTY of time to get that game in shape. Grab a lesson, work on a few things and come in playing your best.

I say this all of the time, you have the chance to play at a PGA Tour stop and the same courses the pros play every year. It has hosted a major, a Ryder Cup, etc. Play it with people from two of the biggest golf companies in the world. Not some local sales reps, but actual people involved with bringing equipment to market.

Everybody's skill level is different, but I would want to be playing my best at least.
I agree about wanting to play my best, especially at a course like this because it's a special opportunity. This will be by far the best course I've ever played, and it's not close. I'm also a realist, knowing that even if my game were at it's best the course will win sometimes. No matter how well I play, I'm still going to enjoy the heck out of the people, the course, and the Experience.

Back