EXPERIENCE Dream Foursomes with True Temper and Callaway Golf

The whole concept to this course has me intrigued. I don’t totally grasp it.
Me too. Very interested in what it all entails.

Bearritz greens are fun.
Glad I learned something new today. Never knew it had an official name. At first I just thought you misspelled bizarre :ROFLMAO:

Glad I learned something new today. Never knew it had an official name. At first I just thought you misspelled bizarre :ROFLMAO:
First time I saw anything like it was the Arthur Hills course at Palmetto Dunes for a THP Invitational. The 15th hole had a kind of gulley that pretty much bisected the green. One of my favorite courses in my area has one and it always gives people fits.

How many of the participants in this amazing experience will have True Temper shafts in their irons for this one?

How many of the participants in this amazing experience will have True Temper shafts in their irons for this one?
Not I. :(
Driver - Mitsubishi Chemical
5W - Fujikura
3H -Adlila
GW-5i - Xcaliber Rapid Tapers (This is the only shaft I've actually ever picked.)
Wedges/Chippers/Putters - Garbage.

No here. I have Recoil 460 ESX in my irons.

I will. I'm currently playing the True Temper Elevate 95's in my irons, and they have been performing very well for me so far!

currently only in my utility but with 2 months to go the irons could change and TT is on the list.

edit. I’m going to try out the elevate tour shaft this week.

Last edited:

And to be honest, I know next to nothing about shafts. The extent of my knowledge is graphite or steel and regular flex or stiff flex. When people start talking about the details and features of shafts beyond those, it’s all foreign to me.

And to be honest, I know next to nothing about shafts. The extent of my knowledge is graphite or steel and regular flex or stiff flex. When people start talking about the details and features of shafts beyond those, it’s all foreign to me.
Get your list of questions ready then, because I always enjoy Keenan's discussions on shafts. I think he does a great job explaining in a way that the average golfer can understand. He has a bunch of short videos on YouTube that can give you an idea of his knowledge base, and give you a bit heading into November as well.

currently only in my utility but with 2 months to go the irons could change and TT is on the list.

edit. I’m going to try out the elevate tour shaft this week.
I'm excited to hear your feedback on performance and feel. The VSS has impressed me from a sound and feel perspective.

Haha I'm pretty similar. I've tried to research torque's and bends and all that stuff but I just don't fully understand it and how to relate it to my statistics, which I guess is why a person gets fitted but I definitely look forward to learning more about shafts.

You should enjoy this experience then. A chance to get a lot of questions answered. If you are looking for info, we have a lot available in our videos and articles as well.

Get your list of questions ready then, because I always enjoy Keenan's discussions on shafts. I think he does a great job explaining in a way that the average golfer can understand. He has a bunch of short videos on YouTube that can give you an idea of his knowledge base, and give you a bit heading into November as well.

I don't know if 2 plus days will be enough for all the questions I have. And as noted below, I will be doing my homework over the next two months. And I have been on the record since I joined THP that I know next to nothing about shafts.

You should enjoy this experience then. A chance to get a lot of questions answered. If you are looking for info, we have a lot available in our videos and articles as well.

I will definitely enjoy this experience. And I'm going to do some homework in the time leading up to it so that I can take complete advantage of the fact that I will be able to discuss shaft issues with one of the best. I still can't believe that I am going to have the opportunity to partake in this experience at that location with esteemed people from the golf industry. I am in awe just reading their respective titles with their companies.

Haha I'm pretty similar. I've tried to research torque's and bends and all that stuff but I just don't fully understand it and how to relate it to my statistics, which I guess is why a person gets fitted but I definitely look forward to learning more about shafts.

It's all Greek to me. And my fitting experiences have never included any type of discussion regarding detailed information about shafts. Now part of that is because I have never asked. And I don't have fitting locations near me that would provide an opportunity to explore many different shaft possibilities.

If I understand it correctly, isn’t True Temper a division of True Sports? My irons will either have the very Catalyst shafts that @DB TT sent after the Small Batch experience or they will have SteelFiber (depending on if my Titleist irons arrive and I like them/am accustomed enough to them). I don’t know if that counts as True Temper, but they are certainly under the True Sports umbrella.

If I understand it correctly, isn’t True Temper a division of True Sports? My irons will either have the very Catalyst shafts that @DB TT sent after the Small Batch experience or they will have SteelFiber (depending on if my Titleist irons arrive and I like them/am accustomed enough to them). I don’t know if that counts as True Temper, but they are certainly under the True Sports umbrella.

Yes, they are each companies under the same umbrella.

Me!!! I have True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts in my irons and driving iron. I am excited to learn more about the options for an X shaft. When I purchased the clubs I am currently using, DG was the only affordable option, but it seems like there have been many technology improvements over the last few years. I didn't even know you could get graphite X shafts until recently!

Watched a couple of the videos at lunch time. Already have a couple of questions for Keenan.

We talked about True Temper before, but how many of you plan to have Callaway equipment in play?

Crazy enough, I've never played a Callaway club, so unless something drastic happens, I will not have one in the bag. The closest I've come is a Toulon Chicago putter, which is under the Callaway umbrella.

On another note, I have been seriously pondering the Callaway Chromesoft X ball, and may have to pick up some to play.

On another note, I have been seriously pondering the Callaway Chromesoft X ball, and may have to pick up some to play.
I can say for fact, everybody will be putting a Callaway golf ball in play for the rounds at PGA National.

I can say for fact, everybody will be putting a Callaway golf ball in play for the rounds at PGA National.
I like the sound of that!

We talked about True Temper before, but how many of you plan to have Callaway equipment in play?

Crazy enough, I've never played a Callaway club, so unless something drastic happens, I will not have one in the bag. The closest I've come is a Toulon Chicago putter, which is under the Callaway umbrella.

Yes, I will have Callaway clubs in my bag. I have the B 21 Driver, 3W, and 5H in my bag this year.

I used to have Callaway wedges that I loved. Nothing at the moment though, have been looking at the irons though!

Yes, I will have Callaway clubs in my bag. I have the B 21 Driver, 3W, and 5H in my bag this year.
That B21 driver has been good for a lot of people! Can't wait to see what you can do with it!

Back