A Brand Story: The Bridgestone Golf Ball Journey

I mentioned it on Off Course a few weeks ago, but I love learning. These Brand Stories have been a learning experience for me that I have really enjoyed. This one was super long, but it was something that was a story that was fun to tell.
It was fun to hear you talking with Dan on Off Course about these stories. You were just about to release the Callaway one if I remember correctly.

And speaking of learning, I have now learned that Precept is part of Bridgestone. Learning about all these "budget" balls that are under the umbrellas of the "tour" balls is always interesting to me.

Really enjoying these Brand Stories threads and articles.

The Bridgestone ball is one that I really love. I played them all of 2020, and rotate between that and the CSX LS.
Now that it is cooling off and headed towards winter, thinking of going back to the Tour B RX for my fall ball.

I played with Precept U tri balls for sometime , found them to be very very good , ball for me and tried to restock whenever l found them …disappointed when they disappeared ..

Used the e series balls for several years also , not quite the same as the precept above.

I really enjoyed this episode of Behind the Brand!!

Disclaimer: I am a Bridgestone Homer.

With that said, I really think that they have the best line up of balls from top to bottom of any company out there. And the new B line is going to be even better. I had the chance to tour the plant, speak with Mr. Murphy, Adam and Elliott a few weeks ago and they are really excited about this line (I was interviewed by Adam after my fitting, but haven't seen it posted on YouTube yet). And I have had the privilege of playing the Tour B XS proto type (they fitted me for it at the facility) and it is the best ball I have ever played. And it is durable!! Now, I am mess on the golf course as anyone that has played with me with attest, but I really feel this ball makes me better. And for you guys that are really good (@Jman & @Canadan and others) I really believe the new Tour Line will make your game that much better. I am almost as excited for the new Tour B line as the guys at Bridgestone are.

Got to hear from the B-Stone crew thanks for the Bstone Championship in Akron in 2019, seeing the prereleased information for the Tour B in glimpses and sneak peaks. The B RX and RXS have been in rotation this summer. I feel confident in distance and stopping power on both of these balls. tested the E12 Contact and nothing bad to say about that ball.

I can see where the brand is overlooked based on higher profiles of other brands and price points of DTC coming up, while often well short on the quality of the ball. Great ball and will be a fan.

I played with Precept U tri balls for sometime , found them to be very very good , ball for me and tried to restock whenever l found them …disappointed when they disappeared ..

Used the e series balls for several years also , not quite the same as the precept above.
It is explained in the story if you haven't made it through yet.

Finally got round to reading the article and enjoyed the look back over the history of their ball line

I played the e6 for quite some time before moving on to the B330 line, but the Bridgestone decision to pull out of the UK market lost me as a customer of theirs. If their product had been more readily available (even via web sales) I may have stuck with them, but I was forced to look for another ball and I ended up putting a Callaway ball in the bag

Earlier this year I picked up a couple dozen of the Tour B RXS to try whilst my swing speed was down due to injury, but for me it just doesn't quite seem to have the same performance as the standard Chrome Soft. I will likely use these over the winter months whilst it is cooler colder but I don't see myself trying the Tour B X line, especially after seeing @Jman move from the Tour B to the Chrome Soft X which has been my preferred ball for the last couple years now

Could a new ball get me to change back to Bridgestone? Who knows, but at this moment in time, I don't see it happening, which is a shame as I enjoyed the performance of the B330 line for the time I used it

I was thinking about this article today as I am working on something with softer golf balls. Pretty fascinating how much the ball market has changed over the last 2 decades and while not often given credit, this company has been at the forefront of a few of them.

Back