Headed to get a range session in. If they have these at the shop today.....

Don’t order it from Callaway, I’m now in my third delay, and I was getting excited to have it for the weekend session, tough day scrambles up here this weekend.

I hit it SO well today.

Sometimes I wonder if this thing can replace driver haha

Where is the super super hybrid? Haha

This has officially retired my 3 wood for at least the rest of 2021. My mishit is definitely topping it or not launching it as high as I want to. But I think that is just what is going to happen with my skillset in the 15-18 degree range for any club.

Someone mentioned hitting it more like an iron earlier in the thread. I did that in my round over the weekend and the results were much better. To my eye it looks like a fairway wood so I was swinging it like that. I swung it more like my hybrid or mid irons and it was easier to avoid the misses I was seeing. But even in thos misses it I am getting good results.

Well nevermind on looking today, course is closed for maintenance this week.

components are tough to come by. Hope you get is soon though

I understand it I’m not even mad about it. Just disappointed and I posted that minutes after finding out it was delayed another week. Knee jerk reaction

Used my 16* off of several tees yesterday playing a quirky, tight course. Only had one foul ball trying to do something “special “. Hit it twice off the deck and had good results.

Got out for some swings, using the Super Hybrid off of a couple tees and for a few shots out of the first cut on a par 5.

Off the tee it is such a monster. Easy height and great distance.

I hit 4 shots out of the first cut on a par 5. 208 flag, into about a 1 club wind, off a sidehill like, with the ball above my feet but downhill lie at the same time. Choked down on the club about an inch. Came out lower as expected, but I got great distance out of it. The one ball that caught the green on the fly stopped after some release. Most impressive again is the ball speed. I don't feel like I have to try to kill the ball to get it where I need it to go.

Has anyone tried their Super Hybrid out of the rough? I was thinking about it and I've only tried it once or twice and it has me wondering about performance in that lie compared to a regular hybrid.

Has anyone tried their Super Hybrid out of the rough? I was thinking about it and I've only tried it once or twice and it has me wondering about performance in that lie compared to a regular hybrid.
It is so much lie dependent for me. I have not had a problem getting the club through the rough, but the spin has been so low that I've had more knuckle balls than I'd like.

Trying to advance the ball on a par 5 with no forced carry? Go for it.

Need to carry a specific distance? Lay up instead!

I don't have a lot of experience with a regular hybrid out of the rough but the two shots below were both from the rough and both were fantastic distance wise. Lower launched but that's no surprise. Hole 5 was just in the tree line, but not as deep as ShotScope suggests (was still able to get up and down for bogey with the penalty stroke). Also, don't mind the flubbed chip on Hole 11 :ROFLMAO:
1634130079970.png\

1634130146042.png

Good stuff guys. I can think of twice that I've hit from the rough. The first was sitting up pretty well but it was thick rough. I was able to make solid contact but could for sure feel it grab the sole. Instead of my normal 235 yards it went around 220 and was a lower flight and low spin. It worked out well on that par 5 though.

The second time was in a lie I shouldn't have even tried using this club, it was a hack out type of situation. I was able to pop the ball out but I would have been better off using an iron.

It is so much lie dependent for me. I have not had a problem getting the club through the rough, but the spin has been so low that I've had more knuckle balls than I'd like.

Trying to advance the ball on a par 5 with no forced carry? Go for it.

Need to carry a specific distance? Lay up instead!
I'll reply and note that my insights are more hacker related. I'm not even good enough to be trying to hit a specific number with my PW, let alone something traveling 230-250 yards :ROFLMAO:

I think the shaft pairs up pretty well with the head, though I don't really have anything I can test against the stock option. I'm playing it in X flex, and I would say that it probably plays pretty true to flex.
I haven't gotten along real well with this shaft but a couple of other guys that I golf with have tried it and they thought it felt pretty good. Both could probably swing an X no problem but didn't feel like the stiff was too flexible.

I'm extremely excited for the tournament I'm playing in on Saturday. The back nine is a scramble and it's played from as far back as possible, I think they even make up new tee boxes, which means this bad boy should be getting a workout on approach shots. I'm looking forward to sharing how it goes.

I’ve posted this in the other two threads…

643D16C0-499D-4BC6-BEAA-756CCB7F3C80.jpeg
Apex UW v. Cleveland HyWood v. Epic Super Hybrid

The UW is smaller than I imagined it would be compared to the Super Hybrid.
The UW is much more slender at address than both the HyWood & Epic Super Hybrid…

Reactions: KEV
Golf day, looking forward to putting some more swings in with this beast 😬

Well I was given an epiphany today, I play golf but I'm not a golfer. My buddy informed me (correctly) that since I golf, but suck, that there's a difference 😆. That being said the Super Hybrid performed better than I deserved today. First time hitting it on the day, legit maybe 2/3 of the ball caught the toe, other 1/3 airball.
Screenshot_20211015-203057_Shot Scope.jpg

Second time, same thing with a terrible swing, another result that was awesome.
Screenshot_20211015-203917_Shot Scope.jpg

Third time and this was finally a good swing. I pounded this, too far but such is life, with a great power draw on it.
Screenshot_20211015-204048_Shot Scope.jpg

Next swing and I blame the poor result on my partner. Right before my swing he asks why I don't have driver and so I say have you seen how I've been hitting my hybrid? Well of course I hook this thing into the woods 🤦‍♂️. Terrible result but you're getting full transparency lol.
Screenshot_20211015-204310_Shot Scope.jpg

So there you have it, 4 swings with this off the tee. I got one great result which i deserved, two great results that I didn't deserve, and one lousy result that I fully deserved. I'm a broken record and I don't care, if you can afford this club and don't give it a shot you're doing yourself a disservice. Thank you soo much again :thp: for putting this in my bag. It 100% improved my score today.

Well I was given an epiphany today, I play golf but I'm not a golfer. My buddy informed me (correctly) that since I golf, but suck, that there's a difference 😆. That being said the Super Hybrid performed better than I deserved today. First time hitting it on the day, legit maybe 2/3 of the ball caught the toe, other 1/3 airball.
View attachment 9035415

Second time, same thing with a terrible swing, another result that was awesome.
View attachment 9035417

Third time and this was finally a good swing. I pounded this, too far but such is life, with a great power draw on it.
View attachment 9035419

Next swing and I blame the poor result on my partner. Right before my swing he asks why I don't have driver and so I say have you seen how I've been hitting my hybrid? Well of course I hook this thing into the woods 🤦‍♂️. Terrible result but you're getting full transparency lol.
View attachment 9035422

So there you have it, 4 swings with this off the tee. I got one great result which i deserved, two great results that I didn't deserve, and one lousy result that I fully deserved. I'm a broken record and I don't care, if you can afford this club and don't give it a shot you're doing yourself a disservice. Thank you soo much again :thp: for putting this in my bag. It 100% improved my score today.

Took me a second to comprehend the fact you are getting 240 on mishits. Holy S***. Can’t wait to get this in my hands. Fingers crossed next week.

Tested the super hybrid head to head against the Mavrik pro I was fit into this week on range. Today's swing was producing a little fade with the mavrik pro, and a pretty straight ball with the super hybrid. Distance was pretty similar with both, around 235-240 total with range rocks. I was hitting the mavrik pretty square in the center, and slightly mishitting the super hybrid thin. As you'd expect, flight was a bit lower with the thin hits, but you can't argue with the distance. If you're really particular about sound, you'll have no problem choosing between the super hybrid and more metallic sounding hybrids.

Took me a second to comprehend the fact you are getting 240 on mishits. Holy S***. Can’t wait to get this in my hands. Fingers crossed next week.
The level of forgiveness, especially off the toe as I discovered today, is freaking ludicrous. I wish I'd snapped a picture of where the ball mark was on the face because it's borderline unbelievable haha.

The level of forgiveness, especially off the toe as I discovered today, is freaking ludicrous. I wish I'd snapped a picture of where the ball mark was on the face because it's borderline unbelievable haha.
It's pretty crazy isn't it? I've even been impressed on a couple of heel side strikes I've had. Toe side is pretty ridiculous how far the ball still goes.

Back