does the sound bother you personally? I don't know if sound would bother me at all in a hybrid. I'm used to the metallic sound of them, but as long as it felt pure I'm not sure it would be a big factor.
No, it definitely is not a bother. It was actually quite a pleasant surprise, having more of an iron-like sound.

Looks like my trip to the range will be a go. Looking forward to getting more swings in with this.

More and more in feeling this has a strong chance of taking the 3 wood spot in my bag with the UW taking the 5 wood spot..

Man the Super Hybrid continues to just shine for me. I brought a few other clubs with me this time, and was not struggling but wasn't striping it real well. After working the 9 and 7 irons to get loose, and again not exactly striping I picked this club up. First swing (teed) is a smoked dead straight shot and off a tee that's what I continued to see for several more swings. Things got a little squirrely off the deck (had one awful slice) but that's a me thing. I genuinely love the confidence I have with this club, it really does allow me to get away with so much more than any other club I have in the bag right now.

Not a tester but mine is replacing a 4W, with the intended goal of being a driver alternative. So far, other than a couple bad swings, it's outpacing the 4W off the tee. Even the mishits are longer, which was a surprise for me. Not enough time off the deck with it yet.
I love hearing this! Hybrid length shaft and FW wood power! I want the 16 to repalce my 15*.

I love hearing this! Hybrid length shaft and FW wood power! I want the 16 to repalce my 15*.

Head cold knocked me down a bit this week so haven't got to hit anything lately. Assuming I'm back to full strength I'm hoping to get at least a range session in tomorrow or Sunday. Kinda curious to see what I can do with this thing at 15˚ off the tee...

To add on to the sound on this. I find it to be quite pleasant sounding. Definitely a positive for me.

After a travel day from hell yesterday I was able to squeeze a little golf in and took a few swings. I'll get to my feedback later but I had my scratch golf brother hit this a couple of times. He compared it back to back with his 3 wood and then this set down to 17*. He hit both pretty well and the Super Hybrid only came up maybe 5 yards shorter than his 3 wood.

His thoughts were that he loved the trajectory, it was high enough to hold a green but low enough to cut through wind. He thought it felt and sounded great but he was a little unsure if he liked the headweight. He thought it felt very heavy and that's not something he's used to. But like he said, of he hits the ball like that it's something he could probably deal with.

I'll get more in depth on this later when I have a chance but I'm pretty positive I'm putting my 5 wood up for sale. I'm in love with this club.

For quick feedback these were tee shots today. The furthest shot that is circled was my brothers 3 wood. The closest ball in the picture was my brothers shot with Super Hybrid and the middle ball is my tee shot with Super Hybrid. Not a huge distance difference and I have so much more control with it vs. my 5 wood.

7B19CA66-FE9A-4E56-B0EC-578CC97C8DCD.jpeg

Ummmm....
Soooo...

Ball goes far and stuff with this thing. :oops:
Very far. I didn't think a 17* would be up there with a 3 wood distance.

i really hope there’s not one in the pro shop next time I play.

#shopcreditseason
May have been 8-10 of them at the Eastgate Golf Exchange when we left lunch. They look so good at address in person.

Very far. I didn't think a 17* would be up there with a 3 wood distance.

Kev, which shaft are you using? For the others testing how is the stock shaft pairing with it.

i really hope there’s not one in the pro shop next time I play.

#shopcreditseason
I think you are actually hoping they do have it.. and I support that purchase!!

Kev, which shaft are you using? For the others testing how is the stock shaft pairing with it.
I'm using the stock Steelfiber in stiff flex. It's not really my favorite feeling shaft but so far it's been performing. It makes me wonder what I would see with a different shaft option plugged in but I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I think the shaft pairs up pretty well with the head, though I don't really have anything I can test against the stock option. I'm playing it in X flex, and I would say that it probably plays pretty true to flex.

I'll have numbers to work with a little later, but I can say that when I played Saturday my teammates made me put driver away because I was hitting the Super Hybrid so well off the tee. I was inconsistent with the driver, and first shot off the tee with this was as long as one of my teammates drives and he was pretty stunned.

I think my biggest takeaway from using this over the weekend is how easy it is to launch. I was a little concerned that bumping it down to 17* would make it difficult to launch but I had zero issues. My brother felt the same way about it.

OK, so summary of the Super Hybrid's performance for me on Saturday. First note, still have this in 16*. That will be moved down to 15* for a tournament I'm playing in on Friday. I'm going to give the driver a look on the range in the morning, but if it's not darn near flawless it's going back to the truck and the Super Hybrid will be my longest club in the bag.

Hole 5 - push my driver right into hazard (red stakes) on a par 5. Watch says 240 out, and I'm dropping in longish rough. First swing of the day with this, and the results are very satisfying. Out of the rough, nice mid-flight dead straight but pushed (because I suck what can I say) that winds up right of the green but still in play. Shotscope 236.

Hole 11 - tried the driver on #6, with another big push resulting, and then holes 7-10 are par 3's / a par 4 where neither driver or SH are the play. At this point I'm frustrated with the driver so I finally decide it's time to get in play off the tee. Pull the Super Hybrid out, tee it up, and let it fly with a mid-high flight, straight, slightly pulled. One of my playing partners proceeds to tell me that unless I can reach the green with driver I'm hitting the SH off the tee from here on out. Second shot on this par 5 and it says I've got 235 in. I'm again in a bit of rough, but this thing just doesn't care. Smash another one dead straight, little lower flight (not shocking off the deck) and slightly pushed (it was a theme) that winds up traveling 247 yards according to Shot Scope and leaves me long and right of the green in fine position.

Hole 13 - I pulled driver on #12 (plays to 280 if you cut the dog leg) and drove it pin high just left of the green so I debated giving driver another chance but my playing partners said stick to the SH. They made the right choice as I put a nice mid-high flight shot right down the middle settling in at 245 yards.

Hole 14 - Got a little big for my britches after smashing this a few times and cold topped one (again I'm terrible what can I say). 70 yards down the hole I have a terrible lie, but I take a hack at it with the SH and it gets it out there moving forward at least. I was pretty pleased despite it being short (175) and pushed right, mainly because the lie was that bad.

Hole 15 - think about pulling driver as this hole is 290, but it plays uphill and we have wind in our face. Put another good swing on the SH, launching this one a bit higher than the others (thinking may have been teed up a bit too high) that settles nicely in the fairway at 215.

Hole 16 - At this point things get a bit squirrelly but I suspect that's a combination of Bud Light and frustration as we've been crawling since the 5th hole. (JB would NOT be impressed with the foursome two groups ahead of us). I take a swing and push another shot and immediately think it's in trouble. Not so much, winds up in the rough to the right in perfectly fine position, 240 yards.

Hole 17 - A really poor effort on my part that wound up better than the terrible swing I put on it deserved. Another big push that misses the fairway by 30 yards, but is still in play and nets me 220 yards.

Much of what I have to say about this is just a broken record, but it really is a cheat code for a mediocre golfer like myself. I had been soooo erratic off the tee with my driver, and the first time I put this in play off the tee it's like I know what I'm doing. Good swings are rewarded handsomely, and bad swings still give me a result waayyy better than I deserve. The versatility is another major selling point. I have ZERO qualms hitting this thing off the deck. Until this year I hadn't had a FW or hybrid in my bag in 15 years or more because I could never find one I got along with. I am so grateful to THP for giving me the opportunity to test this out. The price point on it meant it would never have been in my bag otherwise, and I would have absolutely been missing out because of it. In my opinion if you have the chance to put this in your bag, and don't, you're doing yourself a major disservice.

Back