Odyssey Tri Hot Putters (2022)

The triple wide has sparked my interest!

I'll take a One and a Two por favor

Can't wait to see more about the double and triple wide.

Sooooo. Get this.... blade are the best...but people think mallets are something.....so we keep making a longer blade. We got a quad wide on tap for next year!
See, I like the look of blades, but I prefer the weight/feel of a mallet and putt better with one. I've been pondering trying a double wide to see if it truly is the best of both worlds, but a triple wide might be even more intriguing if it doesn't look dorky.

I hate enough things about this that it's really gonna piss me off if I end up liking one.

I hate enough things about this that it's really gonna piss me off if I end up liking one.
The triple wide is kinda crazy. Is there really any chance that anything can beat your Mizzy? Seems unlikely.

On the nostalgia front, don’t forget they also brought back DFX recently too.

If we’re going chronologically from ~20 years ago, they can skip the next couple and bring black Black Series please. Then skip ahead to some Damascus, ProType, and Versa.

Though I doubt the black series and protype make a comeback, as milled options would compete against Toulon side.
Aren't you on the board of directors by now? Make it happen :LOL:

That 3 & Double Wide are on the must see list.

The triple wide is kinda crazy. Is there really any chance that anything can beat your Mizzy? Seems unlikely.
I mean, probably no. I can't imagine that happening. Never say never though.

And still, no long neck version. :(

Wouldn’t sell many, that’s the why.
Your are 100% correct, I get it - truly I do, but if we are being honest there are a lot of putter designs that just don't sell (or am I mistaken), I mean the Truss line - is that a big seller (just as an example). What about the heel shafted thing (for lack of a better name) that Phil plays? They don't sell a lot of those do they? I played an Arnie style back in the day (before you were born probably:D, then moved to anser style and now 7/fang style (and I go back and forth with anser and fang). Anyway, I don't think I have ever played with anyone who used a heel shafted putter in this century!

Not my goal to make this comparison - just stating the obvious (I suppose):confused:.

Stay well my friend.

Your are 100% correct, I get it - truly I do, but if we are being honest there are a lot of putter designs that just don't sell (or am I mistaken), I mean the Truss line - is that a big seller (just as an example). What about the heel shafted thing (for lack of a better name) that Phil plays? They don't sell a lot of those do they? I played an Arnie style back in the day (before you were born probably:D, then moved to anser style and now 7/fang style (and I go back and forth with anser and fang). Anyway, I don't think I have ever played with anyone who used a heel shafted putter in this century!

Not my goal to make this comparison - just stating the obvious (I suppose):confused:.

Stay well my friend.
It’s more just certain neck styles. Same reason we hardly see center shaft. :(

Yes, that's true too. I think it's a conspiracy. They want to make us not play straight back/through! This way they can say we got it all wrong before now you need to do that (and boom long necks and center shafts).:D

Really like the looks of these except for the branding on the back of them.
Having Tri Hot 5K screaming out the back of the head just does not sit with me for a premium putter.

Yes, that's true too. I think it's a conspiracy. They want to make us not play straight back/through! This way they can say we got it all wrong before now you need to do that (and boom long necks and center shafts).:D
I mean, there’s no such thing as true SBST…sooooooo…..;)

Really like the looks of these except for the branding on the back of them.
Having Tri Hot 5K screaming out the back of the head just does not sit with me for a premium putter.
Do we consider Odyssey “premium” putters given their price points? Or is that more Toulon territory?

Do we consider Odyssey “premium” putters given their price points? Or is that more Toulon territory?
That is an interesting question. So many tour pros play Odyssey vice Toulon - and the Toulons don't have inserts. Is it just a matter of time? I know that occasionally Odysseys were milled - non insert putters - I had a couple, but I think that ship sailed with the Toulon entry.

I wonder if there will ever a cross over while these 'different' companies try to compete - while not competing.

IMO, they are both premium. Odyssey has such a strong name brand reputation that they can command $280-$400 for a new release putter, especially with a Stroke Lab shaft.

I'm 100% buying one of this Tri Hots if they feel/sound anything like a White Hot Pro.

IMO, they are both premium. Odyssey has such a strong name brand reputation that they can command $280-$400 for a new release putter, especially with a Stroke Lab shaft.

I'm 100% buying one of this Tri Hots if they feel/sound anything like a White Hot Pro.
To me, that’s a fairly standard price range for OEM putters. Premium is more in the Toulon/SC range.

That is an interesting question. So many tour pros play Odyssey vice Toulon - and the Toulons don't have inserts. Is it just a matter of time? I know that occasionally Odysseys were milled - non insert putters - I had a couple, but I think that ship sailed with the Toulon entry.

I wonder if there will ever a cross over while these 'different' companies try to compete - while not competing.
But does Tour play dictate “premium”?

Also, most play Odyssey’s because, well, they’re just better.

I don't think they are premium, I think Toulon fills that gap for them.

Now granted, they have done some "Premium" releases in the past, but their standard offerings I wouldn't consider premium.

However, they have done some cool stuff

1637244818213.png

1637244831180.png

Back