• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I was thinking about the upcoming Alternate Shot portion of the Rivalry by UST Mamiya. I want your thoughts on this scenario… Your partner tees off on a Par 3 and hits it OB/Water doesn’t matter. You then decide to reload and hit the third shot from the tee box. Your ball goes in the hole! Now, for competition sake, the team cards 3 for a miraculous par! But, since it was technically your first shot, would you count it as a HIO? Like, if someone asked if you ever had a hole-in-one, does this count?🤔 Thoughts?

Oh. That’s a tough. I mean technically it’s a hole in one for the 1 teammate but not for the team. But I don’t know though. Lol

I agree, it's a *
Not the same, but a couple of years ago @PackersGirl put one in the water on a par 3. She looked back at me, reloaded and swung.

It hit the flag, dropped in the hole, bounced off the foam thingy, off the flag again and off the front of the green 🤣

Gave her a par, but I say it counts as a HIO-ish.

Score card says it's par but player 2 still has HIO bragging rights.

I agree, it's a *
Not the same, but a couple of years ago @PackersGirl put one in the water on a par 3. She looked back at me, reloaded and swung.

It hit the flag, dropped in the hole, bounced off the foam thingy, off the flag again and off the front of the green 🤣

Gave her a par, but I say it counts as a HIO-ish.
One of my big fears in life, the hole-in-three.

I was thinking about the upcoming Alternate Shot portion of the Rivalry by UST Mamiya. I want your thoughts on this scenario… Your partner tees off on a Par 3 and hits it OB/Water doesn’t matter. You then decide to reload and hit the third shot from the tee box. Your ball goes in the hole! Now, for competition sake, the team cards 3 for a miraculous par! But, since it was technically your first shot, would you count it as a HIO? Like, if someone asked if you ever had a hole-in-one, does this count?🤔 Thoughts?
Well, let's think about this.
You guys could be double popping on that hole...so yeah. Could be a 1

Not a hole in one. Good news is you don’t have to worry about it - @billyh will get the HIO and you can revel in it!

It's a conversation piece HIO. No I haven't but....

I've made a par 3 that way. Fatted my first shot in the pond fronting the green and then holed out for three. I can't count that one as a personal HIO. I'd say your hypothetical counts three in the match but I'd have no qualms claiming a personal HIO if I holed out after my partner dunked his. It would've been my first and only go at that hole that day.

My biased and non-official opinion is, if you hit the ball once, and it went in the hole, it counts as a HIO. Maybe you put a 3 on the card, but it was put in the hole by a single shot from the tee. Again, just my two cents.

I’m divided by this as technically it’s not but it’s player B’s first shot. I pick no based solely by what is written down on the score card.

Unfortunately based on the scenario and format being played it’s not a HIO.

It's exciting and crushing all at the same time

I like to hole out from the opposing fairway usually so I rarely see them drop, 🤣. Seriously, most of my hole outs from 100+ are from the wrong FW, 😂. When I’m embarrassed and just rough guessing a distance and not really caring? Apparently that’s the golfer I need to be? Ha.

I say player B gets to count it. It was the first shot they took on that particular hole, and the definition of a hole in one is holing out with a single stroke. It's a par on the team scorecard, but a single stroke for B so it counts for them.

The game of golf is hard enough, and the HIO is the GOAT - why do we want to make it any more difficult than it already is? Now where's that beverage cart?

It’s a hole out for par.

I would politely retire from the alt-shot and continue the round on my own ball, hole in one in tact :ROFLMAO:
I just asked this question to my buddy what he thought and he brought up a good point. Would you pay for drinks?

Not a hole in one. Good news is you don’t have to worry about it - @billyh will get the HIO and you can revel in it!
Bro, if, and that’s a BIG if, I get what my boys call a “goal in one,” I’ll make sure everyone is getting a drink. Even if @J.B. Cobb III puts the first on in the water.

Tough one. It's technically not because of the format of the competition and the fact that it'll be a 3 on the scorecard - but it technically is because it's that player's first swing on that hole. I say it's a HIO with an asterisk. I'd give it to him and let him buy drinks!

I would count it as a hole in one. The question that everyone but me already knows the answer too. Has their been a hole in one at an event?

I just asked this question to my buddy what he thought and he brought up a good point. Would you pay for drinks?
Anyone who is willing to agree that it's a hole in one gets a drink for me, no doubt.

Back