New Release: Callaway Apex UW

what did you put it in as in shotscope? hybrid?
Yup. It’s not on there yet so I just put it as an Apex hybrid.

The UW is just so easy to launch and has some distance to it as well. I think the best thing I like is you have the confidence to hold greens with this one as it lands soft and not on a flat trajectory like the apex hybrid or super.

I do think I’m going to put a Kinetixx in it :unsure:

I do think I’m going to put a Kinetixx in it :unsure:
Ventus Red are going in mine. First time in a long time I’m excited about playing some winter golf

Would love to try one before ECPC but seems like these are like the Sasquatch around here looks like it’ll be a bit of a travel if I want to.

How easy the 21 to hit really really REALLY has me thinking about the 17*….

Same, but it’s the 19 that has me thinking about it. Would royally eff my gaps though.

I went 19 | 21 and gaps just fine for me. The 21* blends into the 5i perfectly

let my buddy see it in action today...he was impressed.

Its like the Heavenwood had a baby with a SuperHybrid
This is a perfect description. I don’t know what they did to engineer this, but it is a magical club.

The 21 and 17 make an awesome combo for me.

Man it was something I was already giving some consideration, but this feedback is very difficult to ignore.

Ponder fully engaged.
Ponder no more. I got one based off the early comments and glad that I did...making me ponder another one to replace the 4w.

Ponder no more. I got one based off the early comments and glad that I did...making me ponder another one to replace the 4w.

Which one did you get?

So much love for this club. Ugh, I need to find a way to hit one. For the courses I play, ditching 3w and adding in more options after 4i would be ideal. This looks like a worthy contender. You are all using one or more in interesting ways. Very interesting setups. Hmm.

Need to hit. I need to get fit.

You’re not alone. :banghead:

Last edited:
How does it determine that the club achieved a birdie, simply if it was used on a hole that resulted in a birdie?

that's my guess. it's kinda funny...but it's also true :ROFLMAO:

shotscope tells me this about the UW

View attachment 9048394
I'm always surprised by folk pulling out the 3 wood off the tee because it is 'more accurate'.

In my experience it isn't. And your stats indicate the same thing.

Enormously large and thus forgiving head vs small head?

Makes sense.

Ditto the 3 wood versus UW. Long shaft vs short shaft?

I love this freaking club.

267 off the tee with the 19 today. Which is crazy, but not as crazy as the 252 off the deck into a Par 5 green.

Posted some pictures in WDYBT thread but can’t wait until April 🤞 when I’ll be able to hit off grass. Shafted with the LAGP Trono 65.

23F68724-567C-4676-BF18-55E61297935F.jpeg

Back