The Grandaddy Goes Off Course

Loved the conversation, and I was jacked for the Grandaddy before, but hearing Finley talk about it took it to another level. Can't wait to see the Lunatic Fringe THPers take on the Zoo Crew!

One of the highlights I loved from this podcast is when Jason said he actually sent out the THP Granddaddy Intro videos to his staff that will be part of the event and asked them to check them out so they can kind of get a feel for everyones personalities beforehand. That is the type of thing that makes something SPECIAL. That's incredibly cool.

One other thing Jason notes is how at his recent experience, and I'm completely paraphrasing here so hopefully I understood this right, but he was talking about how you get some "dumb" questions at a THP Experience (referencing the Dream Foursome which I was lucky enough to be a part of), but some of the questions you get are a reminder of what the real world looks like because it's easy to kind of get trapped in the world of knowing SO MUCH, but that's not the average real world golfer.

I loved that, because I definitely was this guy, I feel like I asked some horrifically dumb questions, but I also feel like I had input or questions that highlighted exactly what he's saying. Really cool perspective to hear it from him though.

Last edited:
It's really incredible to hear the modesty from Finley when he talks about the spirit of the Grandaddy and "providing a pretty unique experience for people that hopefully they wouldn't really be able to get anywhere else." I'd say that's underselling the Grandaddy a wee bit :D

My heart starts beating faster listening to Finley talk about whats to come for the fellas at ECPC. I can't imagine how the participants are feeling :ROFLMAO:

Done with morning meetings so this is a go!

Got this one spooled up for today's drive. Can't wait!

Fun listen. All this does in increase my desire to attend a grandaddy..

Awesome listen from the fringe of the lunatics

I am not a club builder but I still relate to the lunatic group..

I listened on my way in to work and @JasonFinleyCG was on point. I definitely was paying attention to the final score of his match with Keenan because it was a great score for a bad start.

It's really incredible to hear the modesty from Finley when he talks about the spirit of the Grandaddy and "providing a pretty unique experience for people that hopefully they wouldn't really be able to get anywhere else." I'd say that's underselling the Grandaddy a wee bit :D

Well if there's one thing that has always been true, is that Finley is always under stated. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This was a great one Dan! I always love hearing interviews with Finley, he always brings a ton to these conversations. And the putter tease has my attention big time.

Grandaddy episode! Here we go!

Finley showing up with a pink ball would be a baller move for sure

This was a great one Dan! I always love hearing interviews with Finley, he always brings a ton to these conversations. And the putter tease has my attention big time.
Thanks man! Any blade putter that makes @Luke WilliamsCG come to his senses is a putter worth getting excited about!

Reactions: KEV
Back