2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me! This has been a journey that’s for sure. I honestly can’t believe I let myself go like I did. But seeing the progress and fitting back into my clothes and just feeling like “me” again has made this all worth it, and reminded me of the things I love and what’s important to me. I will have bad days, I will have bad weeks, but I will NEVER have bad months or a bad year again. Words cannot express how much better I feel, not just physically, but mentally, with losing this weight. I am finally me again, and it feels freaking great!

Good for you, GG! I am a 5'9" male, and at one point in high school weighed 215lbs! This was when I worked as a porter, clean up guy, at a local grocery store bakery after school. The counter ladies would bring anything they deemed unsellable back to me, and I would eat them accompanied by soda pop! Come early Summer we were invited to a pool party. I could barely squeeze my big, fat ass into last years swimsuit! I looked at myself in the mirror, and was horrified at what I saw! I had to modify my behavior.

Now, I find myself at a similar position, but in reverse! I need to add some weight and some muscle. I'm still 5'9" but I now weigh 150! I've gotten a bit too light, and have lost some muscle mass and tone! I need to get back to the gym!

I hit 189.5 pounds this week, lowest I have been since 2009. No soda, bread, rice, pasta nothing that's white. Lots of steak and hardly any snacking. Target for 2022 will be 176 pounds.

Time to get back into a routine after a much needed break!!

I think these are slowly becoming my new favorite protein bars. super clean, plant based (which is good for me since I am lactose intolerant) and taste damn good. Plus, you can buy them at Walmart so they aren't crazy expensive.

I did order the variety pack based on your thoughts - Shipped already - Let you know my thoughts as I'm a Protein Bars junkie.

Last edited:
I did order the variety pack based on your thoughts - Shipped already - Let you know my thoughts as I'm af Protein Bars junkie.

I hope you like them. I have tried a few flavors from them now and have liked all of them, and the ingredients are so clean which I am a huge fan of, plus plant based which is much better for someone like me who is lactose intolerant.

I hope you like them. I have tried a few flavors from them now and have liked all of them, and the ingredients are so clean which I am a huge fan of, plus plant based which is much better for someone like me who is lactose intolerant.
I am interested in these now.

Looking for a healthy, good for you hot chocolate during the winter months? Mix this with a heated glass of your milk of choice. I did it last night with almond milk and shook it up in a shaker bottle. It's delicious, filled with protein, and so good for you. I actually got mine at Costco.

download.jpeg

My biggest kick lately is the Fairlife Protein Shakes (I buy them in bulk shipped from Costco).

The macros are absolutely insane, I have no idea how they taste exactly like chocolate milk. I actually look forward to drinking one or two every single day.

150 Calories for 30 Grams of Protein with the taste it has is unbelievable.

1639661620458.png

My biggest kick lately is the Fairlife Protein Shakes (I buy them in bulk shipped from Costco).

The macros are absolutely insane, I have no idea how they taste exactly like chocolate milk. I actually look forward to drinking one or two every single day.

View attachment 9053208
I like the Strawberry.

View attachment 9053208

Those are solid for sure! They always had a bit of a weird aftertaste to me, maybe Stevia? Stevia is so weird for me, sometimes I don't even notice it, and other times it makes an item undrinkable or inedible to me.

Those are solid for sure! They always had a bit of a weird aftertaste to me, maybe Stevia? Stevia is so weird for me, sometimes I don't even notice it, and other times it makes an item undrinkable or inedible to me.

That is super interesting. I assume because I put stevia on like everything it must not bother me :p

i am beginning to get some noticeable weight off after surgeries these past couple of years...not sure what the weight loss actually is but clothes are looser so we're heading in the right direction...hopefully back to my pre-surgery weight by summer.

That is super interesting. I assume because I put stevia on like everything it must not bother me :p

If you read about stevia some people have no issues with it at all, but others (like myself) get a weird bitter aftertaste. For me, it seems like the amount of stevia makes a big difference. For some items I barely notice it's there, for others it gives me the worst bitter aftertaste to where I can't eat or drink that item, it's so bad. It sucks too because it's such a great sweetener alternative, but too much and it is truly awful tasting to me.

For the low carb folks out there. I am not normally a pork rinds fan, but i picked these up at Sam's (you can get them anywhere but they are a great price for a limited time at Sam's right now) and they are delicious! Not too spicy, but enough to make it interesting and not taste too pork rind-y.

960310806.jpg

At a spot now where my weight is in my happy zone minus a bit of bloating here and there. Looked at my arms in a mirror from far away and was like holy crap is that a muscle? YAAIIISSSS

Haven't checked in here for a bit. But an update on me started march 1 2021 at 285.5 and weighed in this morning at 223.5 62 total pounds . I definitely hurt less and feel so much better started walking the course again and cycling. Should have got serious about this years ago.

Just got fitted for a tux as I'm supposed to be a presenter at an awards banquet in January and the gal asked if i prefer a slim fit Tux, lol. Not there just yet.

View attachment 9053208

These are so good! I just got a case of the salted carmel also. Much easier to drink to me than the premier ones.

I started 2021 at 207 and I am currently 195. My goal is to get to 188 and hold. My low this year was 187 but that was right before my colonoscopy, so that really doesn’t count.

I started 2021 at 207 and I am currently 195. My goal is to get to 188 and hold. My low this year was 187 but that was right before my colonoscopy, so that really doesn’t count.
Yeah there is something about drinking 4-8 gallons of human draino, that really makes the scale smile.lol

I'm way off the wagon.. time for another kick in the butt to get it going in the right direction again!

Argh! 220.6. So close to being below 220 for the first time in, well, years! Hoping it will happen later this week.
View attachment 9052930

So today was the day. 219.8!!!! Being Christmas week, it won’t last, but nontheless, it sort of makes the past year of working out 6 days a week worth the effort.

Went in the Lunchroom this morning at work and one of my Co-Workers said to me "You look good, you can tell you lost weight"
What a way to start the day! Always nice when someone sees your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back