LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

This team will be the 22 teams biggest fans! Guarantee it!

Had to laugh at college football broadcasters. They mentioned the rose bowl was the grandaddy of them all... I believe they have not been on THP in their life. Obviously this is the Granddaddy of them all!

@Muchmore18 has already committed to 1,000 posts in the live update thread, I believe 😁

Nice! I'm going to take vacation days to participate virtually in this one! Hopefully we'll have time to do so for some of the others too! 500 pages will be no sweat next year!

I wanna talk about the putter!!! I made putts over 30 and 40 feet today 😍

Final official experience recap post.

On Friday I didn't make it down to the lobby until after some team members were already on their flights. @blazinden, @cm24, @Muchmore18, and I had a melancholy breakfast at the hotel before catching a ride to the airport. It felt like the end of an Ocean's movie where we all go our separate ways after a successful trip. @blazinden and I headed over to @Muchmore18's gate and who do we find there but @MattyD-MPLS who was experiencing some flight delays and ended up on the same flight. After they boarded we made our way to our gate just as we were boarding and said farewell to @cm24. And then we were wheels up to Philly. The rest of the trip was uneventful. @blazinden and I said our farewells and see you soon's and then I stopped at Wawa for a hoagie before finally arriving home after midnight.

I want to thank @JB and @JasonFinleyCG for having the vision to make this event happen. It is truly the greatest amateur golf event ever created. The brand, the equipment, the golf, the access, the passion, the setting, the excitement, the friendships. It's a perfect recipe and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this experience.

To all of the Zoo Crew - a thank you for your time and your passion for the game, for your work, and for the event. From meeting you in the lobby, going through the product presentation, and the casual dinner on Monday (and the hotel bars + In-N-Out after) to ECPC, the bus ride, dinner at Luna's and The Nest on Tuesday, and then the golf, Al's house, In-N-Out on the bus, and everything in between. I had a blast! I can't count how many times I realized my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing. And of course the moments that made my jaw drop. Thank you for all of it! Words can't explain how grateful I am for your time and dedication.

To my teammates - thank you for your passion, your excitement and encouragement, and your patience! It was a long journey for many of us, but I wouldn't trade it. Every second was and continues to be part of a grand adventure. You all have picked me up when I was down, encouraged me when I needed it, and celebrated the wins. We laughed, we cried, we celebrated, and we fought as a team and I'm so proud of what we were able to accomplish at this fantastic event. And I can't wait to see what's next!!!

And to everyone on THP - thank you for your engagement leading up to the event and absolutely crushing it in the live update thread! We were and continue to be blown away by your passion and encouragement. Long live the Grandaddy, I look forward to the future excitement that this event will bring to THP.

Final official experience recap post.

On Friday I didn't make it down to the lobby until after some team members were already on their flights. @blazinden, @cm24, @Muchmore18, and I had a melancholy breakfast at the hotel before catching a ride to the airport. It felt like the end of an Ocean's movie where we all go our separate ways after a successful trip. @blazinden and I headed over to @Muchmore18's gate and who do we find there but @MattyD-MPLS who was experiencing some flight delays and ended up on the same flight. After they boarded we made our way to our gate just as we were boarding and said farewell to @cm24. And then we were wheels up to Philly. The rest of the trip was uneventful. @blazinden and I said our farewells and see you soon's and then I stopped at Wawa for a hoagie before finally arriving home after midnight.

I want to thank @JB and @JasonFinleyCG for having the vision to make this event happen. It is truly the greatest amateur golf event ever created. The brand, the equipment, the golf, the access, the passion, the setting, the excitement, the friendships. It's a perfect recipe and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this experience.

To all of the Zoo Crew - a thank you for your time and your passion for the game, for your work, and for the event. From meeting you in the lobby, going through the product presentation, and the casual dinner on Monday (and the hotel bars + In-N-Out after) to ECPC, the bus ride, dinner at Luna's and The Nest on Tuesday, and then the golf, Al's house, In-N-Out on the bus, and everything in between. I had a blast! I can't count how many times I realized my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing. And of course the moments that made my jaw drop. Thank you for all of it! Words can't explain how grateful I am for your time and dedication.

To my teammates - thank you for your passion, your excitement and encouragement, and your patience! It was a long journey for many of us, but I wouldn't trade it. Every second was and continues to be part of a grand adventure. You all have picked me up when I was down, encouraged me when I needed it, and celebrated the wins. We laughed, we cried, we celebrated, and we fought as a team and I'm so proud of what we were able to accomplish at this fantastic event. And I can't wait to see what's next!!!

And to everyone on THP - thank you for your engagement leading up to the event and absolutely crushing it in the live update thread! We were and continue to be blown away by your passion and encouragement. Long live the Grandaddy, I look forward to the future excitement that this event will bring to THP.
Perfectly said David!

No posts in here for 24 hours makes me sad.

knowing how hard these Grandaddy guys are working on what’s coming soon makes me very happy.

I love the Grandaddy
Looking forward to your product reviews (perhaps in video format…..!?)😀

Finally caught back up after some vacay. Great recaps by everyone. Thanks for those and I can’t wait to see the reviews of upcoming equipment.

Last edited:
It has now been 4 weeks since I held both the ******** and ********😍 in my hands. That is entirely too long. So long I’ve almost started to forget what they look like. Almost.

i cannot wait to see them again, and even more excited to have them in my hand again!!!!!

I’m taking a page from my guy GA’s book and taking a moment to really appreciate how awesome this group of guys is…

Starting with @MattyD-MPLS, you’ve been a sounding board for me in some difficult times. I don’t know how you manage to always be so steady, never too high and never too low but it honestly a joy to have in friendship. Thanks for letting me run alongside you this go round, Matt When I got to the hotel, you were the first one at the hotel doors to greet me with a big bro hug. Thanks for always being genuine and my goodness are you a stick. Was fun to watch you in your fitting and your play on the course. Many don't know the things you did behind the scenes to make sure our guys had fun, connected and felt like a part of something special...and you never wanted anyone to know. You've never cared about recognition. You only cared about the mission: #FunForEveryone
It feels like we succeeded. It feels like the thread was fun for the forum and the event was fun for all participants.

@Golfers Anonymous, Cody I thought you were the quiet guy on our team and you turned out to be hilarious. 😂 I can’t wait to see your game in the new bag. I watched you hit some fantastic shots and some beautiful drives. Watching you take in the event reminded me of me three years ago. The awe, the appreciation, you had it all. Glad to call you brother and grateful that you meshed so well walking into this group. You're a star, bro!

@RealPretendPsychic Dave, we’ve had a long journey together my man. I’m more glad now than I was back then that you decided to stick it out for The Grandaddy. I got to see your smooth swing in person and loved seeing you get dialed in on your bag in your fitting. You’ve got to be pound for pound Hanging out on that horrible putting green after The Nest was something I’ll remember. Learning more about you and your family was dope.

@Tevenor, Sean, you’re one of a kind. All the work you did on the captain's gifts, team logos, avatars, and other things was FIRST CLASS and our team is better and closer because of you. You’re also the reason we all spend entirely too much time on a certain headcover website. :ROFLMAO: With the way your handicap fell this year, I wasn't sure how much better you would get....until you're fitting. You were dialed. Those new sticks are going to send you into freefall...again! From the bus rides, to In & Out runs and everything in between, this team is better and closer because of you. Thanks for being an open ear and a dry shoulder for me. You're one of the most genuine guys I know.

@xThor, Neil, if there was a book written on "How to do The Grandaddy the Right Way", you wrote a revised copy this year. From promoting post-adolescent adoption with Sean Toulon to your coverage, interviews, and your infections energy, you were a HUGE part of why this trip was so amazing. Your gratitude was off the charts and I didn't know anyone smiled as much as me til I met you. Of course, you're smiles increased whenever putters were near, but it was always there. I'll never forget the look of disbelief on your face at ECPC after you pounded your third or fourth drive down the middle of the range. It held all week too. So excited for you and your game. I feel sorry for your match play opponents. Haha! Glad to call you my brother.

@93civiccpe, Shaun, you and your positivity, your energy, and your genuine brotherhood were awesome to experience. The talks we shared before the event solidified for me that our team benefited by having you on it. You played through some pain and never let your attitude change. So glad to see you get dialed in in your fitting and find some sticks that I think are going to change your game forever. Whether it was sharing an Uber ride back to the hotel for pointless putting practice or you staying with me after that presentation, you were also a welcome presence. I'm excited for you brother and looking forward to teeing it up with you at the Reunion.

@Muchmore18, Chris, from the very beginning, you got it. You understood how much this event means to so many and you took it upon yourself to make sure we did whatever it took to make sure the forum could connect with us. Don't know what it was about singles day, but I genuinely felt like I was watching my brother play a round of golf. You know what I mean. Your passion for people and for connecting people is one of the reasons why I identify so well with you. Thank you for EVERYTHING. Oh and YOU'RE A STICK! Never forget that!...or my pops at the reunion. I want them all. And you'll need to use a left handed putter. 🤣

@Afizzle2100, Aaron, I said this to you multiple times, but I love your grit. Beyond the course, your poise in life is admirable. Watching your fitting was a blast. You got a feel for how good you really are and that's just the golf side. We got a feel for how amazing you are as a person. You make people around you better. We held that corner down at The Nest. Haha. Multiple members of the Callaway team enjoyed being around you and that's what our mission was all about. Bro, I'm feel blessed to know you.

@blazinden, Dennis, you rocked a unicorn onesie....unapologetically! Haha! You're a real-life unicorn bro. One of a kind. No one like you dude. I was a little worried about you trying to drink Luke under the table, but you held your own and I watched you smoke some beautiful shots out there in paradise. I love how loyal you are and how much you carry about important things....like Cornhole championships and sock/shoe coordination. :LOL: You were a blast bro. I'm sure you've got more antics up your sleeve for our next get together. Never a dull moment!

@Vader, Tony, you smooth assassin! Man, I had a blast watching you middle irons and driver at ECPC. I know how particular you are about aspects of your game and I loved seeing you get dialed. You were also the ringleader of the Sunday team who cast caution to the wind. I forgive you. 🤣 I love how you give 1000% to WHATEVER it is you're focused on. Whether cars, golf or friendships...you go all in. Thanks for letting the team FEEL that during that amazing week and beyond. I honestly wish I'd had more time with you on course. It's scary how good your game is about to be!

@Nappy, Mike, I LOVED your attitude bro! Wrong size shirts, no problem. Swing a little off, no big deal. Let's have fun! Love the fact that you're such a family guy and it spills over into this family as well. Those few minutes on the range told me all i needed to know about where your game is headed. Beyond that, you're quietly hysterical. Wish I hadn't been exhausted Friday morning or I could've picked your brain all the way to the airport. We've got plenty of time though. Brothers are forever.

@cm24, Dr. Cody, you're as refreshing to be around as my Shirley Temple was at the bar. 🤣🤣🤣 You were so easy to hang out with, talk to, laugh with and MY LAWD, your swing speed is nuts. LOL. One of my favorite moments at ECPC was hearing your fitter's commentary on your tour-level swing speed and how accurately you were crushing those sticks. Big smiles, fist bumps, hugs...all week long you keep the energy high and the excitement at its peak. I love the fact that you're always promoting others as well, building up others around you, and caring about people. You're going to be incredible in the medical field as one of the two doctors on our team and you're already a fantastic friend and brother.

@JB and @GolferGal, please don't get tired of hearing "Thank You!" from us. Being at the event and seeing the coordination it takes from all parties involved made it clear to our team much you both invest in THP experiences and THP'ers at large. All of us are super grateful! JB, I hadn't seen you in years and you treated me like we hang out once a month. You were always willing to help, always focused on the team and forums experience, and there for all the special moments. Morgan, the work you do behind the scenes is unreal so again...THANK YOU!

To @JasonFinleyCG, I've had a few weeks to think about this and knowing that you love this event as much as we do if not more is just mind-blowing. It's extra work, extra coordination, extra time away from your family and still it's important enough to you that you raise the bar EVERY SINGLE TIME. You, Nick and the Callaway team blew our minds and it's something I'll never forget. You created a space for strangers to become brothers and friends and that in and of itself is more than worth the efforts. We could never repay you and Thank You is never enough but take one more giant THANK YOU for the road. Can't promise it won't be the last one.
Also, I must admit, challenges bring out the best in you. Very cool seeing you grind it out with MattyD! #DarthFinley lives on! 🤣

To the forum, THANK YOU for rallying behind us and following along. Reading through the pages of this thread and seeing all the excitement is really special for me. It means the magic of this event spilled through the pages of the internet and the #LunaticFringe was united for a few days over something special!

LONG LIVE THE GRANDADDY!!!!
Wow.. i love you brother and am so grateful for everything you did for us!! I cannot wait for the reunion trip either!!

Love reading all the recaps, thanks for letting us live the Grandaddy vicariously through your eyes, guys! It's evident what an unparalleled event this is, and it's amazingly gracious and generous of @JasonFinleyCG and everybody at Callaway Golf, along with @JB, to open this wondrous event to all of us at THP. For a golfer, it's a dream come true and a huge privilege to even have a chance at being part of such a thing. Regardless of who takes the belt home after the last putt drops, everybody fortunate enough to be chosen to be part of it is a winner, in so many different ways.

So glad to see the Grandaddy return for 2022, and whether I'm fortunate enough to win a spot on the team or end up following along from home in the live thread, I'll be completely stoked for everybody there, and in total awe of the Grandaddy of Them All!

Precious moments 😂🤣

Back