2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Quick! What do the #1 putter on Tour, the #1 putter in the last 11 years, the #1 putter at the last 35 Major Championships, and the #1 putter in global wins have in common?

If you screamed at your screen “ODYSSEY!”, then you deserve a cookie. If you didn’t, then what rock have you been living under?

I kid, kind of, because Odyssey has been on the biggest wave of success they have seen since the inception of the 2-Ball shape, which is saying something. The past year’s re-introduction of the White Hot insert has taken the industry by storm as it remains the best insert ever made, and it is because of that the new releases from Odyssey, outside of the Toulon...

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/2022-odyssey-and-toulon-design-putters/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the "2022 Toulon Design by Odyssey" line. The blade needs to be in my hands right this minute.

I think this and the ball is what I'm most excited about this year! The 11 will be mine! It's pretty much everything I have been asking for/wanted from the 10. Looks a little more compact and has a slant neck, with the alignment aid I prefer, and most importantly, A SLANT NECK!!!!! And it's available for purchase on my birthday...coincidence? I think not!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

oh and it has the red strokelab shaft!:love::love::love:

I think this and the ball is what I'm most excited about this year! The 11 will be mine! It's pretty much everything I have been asking for/wanted from the 10. Looks a little more compact and has a slant neck, with the alignment aid I prefer, and most importantly, A SLANT NECK!!!!! And it's available for purchase on my birthday...coincidence? I think not!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought of you when they brought them out!

I thought of you when they brought them out!
Dude. I am so excited about this putter. Kind of silly TBH, but I will blind buy this because I know it's everything I want in a putter, without even rolling it yet. I like the shape of the 10, but this little more compact shape look so fricking good!

I cringe everything I hear the phrase "a blade that plays like a mallet"

Still can't wait to hear the reviews.

I love the visual tech of the Tri-Hot. Not my favorite looking (or price tag), but I appreciate the attempt to do something fantastic with multi-material.

F99326FE-8DF5-4A5F-8404-A70B23B528B4.jpeg
Double wide 5k that I absolutely love more than anyone should with a putter.How solid these feel during the stroke is quite remarkable to say the least. Feels just like a mallet yet looks like a blade. And I must say they are gorgeous! The ability to even hit the ball off the toe on purpose and still maintain speed is remarkable, and as that is my usual miss makes this the perfect solution to my bad strokes.

That’ll change. I hope you get the chance to test as the stability on these of you were blindfolded would be surprising.

I have been a mallet guy for 20+ years I feel like my strokes gets wonky with less mass behind the ball but not with this putter. They hooked up the SAM Puttlab to one of these and I rolled in 3 putters of 15 feet in a row on the first go around. After diagnosing some tendencies with the fitter Nick, he suggested a Odyssey TriHot 5k for me with a slight toe hang. I tried the Triple Wide, Double Wide and the One versions.

77A1EAED-8DF7-490C-9959-C4E2A0D8E5B5.jpeg
Here are the 3 putts on the Sam Lab

The One version just stood out to me! I was making 10 footers like crazy in the fitting room. The speed and the looks of this is
incredible.

It truly is something unique. The forgiveness of these plays is special. Give them a roll or 2 if you can.

Amazing release with a ton of options all pushing the envelope! GD guys will be reviewing the bell out of these and I can’t wait.

The Toulon Las Vegas H7 was the easiest transition for me of the Grandaddy week clubs wise. I played the 7S for the past 3 years. The look, the feel and the sound are incredible! My speed control with this putter was outstanding besides one put that had a 2 foot ridge and the captain’s match was on the line.

The new milling on the face of the 22 Toulon’s looks a lot better as well!

Dude. I am so excited about this putter. Kind of silly TBH, but I will blind buy this because I know it's everything I want in a putter, without even rolling it yet. I like the shape of the 10, but this little more compact shape look so fricking good!

I could have sworn Luke said you can get 10s with the red shafts and OGWH insert too.

:eek:

I absolutely love the Evnroll ER2 I was fit into by CC here a month ago, but oh my goodness do these Tri-Hot 5K's Double Wide and Triple wide look similar with far more tech and adjustable weighting. They are so awesome looking! I love this line...LOVE IT.

It's real unfortunate they didn't release a Toulon Chipper...I was really expecting a step up in tech there this year, another missed opportunity from Callaway to upgrade, guess you can't have it all, oh well.

I didn't even mention the Toulons. There's just nothing like the Toulon. I mean these look amazing!
The Toulon Las Vegas H7 was the easiest transition for me of the Grandaddy week clubs wise. I played the 7S for the past 3 years. The look, the feel and the sound are incredible! My speed control with this putter was outstanding besides one put that had a 2 foot ridge and the captain’s match was on the line.

The new milling on the face of the 22 Toulon’s looks a lot better as well!
I'm so jealous, the little logo on the bottom with the Las Vegas cards is so sick. I'm a Chicago Bears fan so naturally I love that one as well. I'm going to own one of these someday, I think they are so bad a$$ looking, but I just don't got the $500 to drop on a Toulon as of now.

I have been a mallet guy for 20+ years I feel like my strokes gets wonky with less mass behind the ball but not with this putter. They hooked up the SAM Puttlab to one of these and I rolled in 3 putters of 15 feet in a row on the first go around. After diagnosing some tendencies with the fitter Nick, he suggested a Odyssey TriHot 5k for me with a slight toe hang. I tried the Triple Wide, Double Wide and the One versions.

View attachment 9057151
Here are the 3 putts on the Sam Lab

The One version just stood out to me! I was making 10 footers like crazy in the fitting room. The speed and the looks of this is
incredible.

I'm in sensory overload! Too much to handle this early. Another outstanding release!

I could have sworn Luke said you can get 10s with the red shafts and OGWH insert too.
If you can, I'm not seeing it on the website with all the others that just posted. That being said, I think I like the shape of the 11 just a tad better.

@MattyD-MPLS - So you got fit into a Tri Hot 5k which width? But then also got a Toulon Vegas correct? You came back with two putters? And which are you using now?

That’ll change. I hope you get the chance to test as the stability on these of you were blindfolded would be surprising.
It truly is something unique. The forgiveness of these plays is special. Give them a roll or 2 if you can.
I'll try them for sure, but everytime I've heard that phrase, I've experienced that hollow, low feedback feel of a mallet when hitting. Maybe this will buck the trend. 👍

The new Toulon design looks really nice!:

Entire lineup looks just great, hopefully can find somewhere that has the complete lineup to test side by side. This will be difficult though I expect as both my current putters were purchased with zero rolls beforehand. I almost at multiple times in the past almost purchased a DW, so a Tri-Hot Double wide SL will be first one I gravitate to followed by a 7. I have so much wanted a Toulon Vegas as well… darn I wish they weren’t so dang expensive. I want one of each!

@MattyD-MPLS - So you got fit into a Tri Hot 5k which width? But then also got a Toulon Vegas correct? You came back with two putters? And which are you using now?
The One head-shape is what I was fit into. The Toulon Las Vegas H7 was the Captains gift from my team. I used the Las Vegas H7 at the Hideaway. It has been my dream putter for a while and I finally got one.

1641298459202.png889774A5-6322-4517-9BB3-E07F2F27169B.jpeg

This might be the most expensive release from Odyssey/Toulon my wallet will face. I am 100% in on this release and will be looking at the Toulon Daytona to be the first one to add to my collection.

Back