2022 Mizuno ST Series Drivers and Metal Woods

BTW here are the stock shafts for the driver.

MizunoSpecs.JPG

Glad to see Mizuno keeps making strides in the wood space along with their irons as well.

This looks AWESOME but what Mizuno product right now doesn't. They just scream HIT ME.

Another thing I didn't add in but I find super interesting. Because of their shifting of weight and expansion of carbon they were able to make big improvements on what they call the Sweet Area. That is calculated by taking the Heel-Toe and Up-Down MOI values and then converting that to an elipse....which becomes the sweet area. It's basically giving us a readout on how stable this driver will be.

Here are the improvement jumps from last year's models....

ST-Z Sweet Area increased by 20%
ST-X Sweet Area increased by 30%

Strong work as per usual @ddec I was wondering about new hybrids from Mizuno yesterday. A pleasant surprise if I must say.

The STZ from last year was one of the easiest most automatic drivers I hit. If they have accomplished the task of making it even more stable. That is pretty amazing. Usually there is a bit of a sacrifice. You can be either fast, or stable to a certain extent. If they can do both, the are again moving in the right direction.

Great write up ddec! Those fairway woods! And a 7 wood! A Mizuno 7 wood!

Great write up @ddec

Playing the ST-X last year was so enjoyable. The feel, sound, launch, not to mention the distance was a nice improvement for me. Honestly, one of the best drivers I have played with. So consistent for me.

Now, this year’s model is improving on the dispersion and increasing the MOI will make the ST-X even more a reason to try out this driver when you are in the market.

I'm really digging the ST-Z. Get that in 9.5° and I might be a happy camper.

Great write up @ddec. I'll admit to having never tried a Mizuno driver before. That's going to change this year. Definitely giving these a shot during my fitting. Seems like they have really stepped up their game in that area the last few releases. I have always liked their hybrids. Seem to be way less draw biased than most other manufacturers and always feel great.

Dang, that is a clean looking fairway wood. Mizuno has really been killing it in the aesthetics department. I know some people like the blue. But, their woods have never been more appealing to me as they are now.

Great writeup @ddec . Curious to know when an OEM has a new model the very next year what % improvement from last years model are they trying to achieve? 20% and 30 % seems amazing just a year later!

Well that’s it for me. I’m sold. I’m going to pgatss Sunday, hope they have demos for fitting followed by ordering.

Dean, thanks another terrific article.

@Jman I’m thinking these are sex on a stick too!?!!

Nice. I hit the st-g the other day. Not the best fit for me in term of spin but good ball speeds and feel. I look forward to hitting the st-z. I also hope I can hit the fairways. A lot of THPer seemed to like the previous generation. Driver is tbd, but I’m 100% in the market for a new 3w.

Those are good looking drivers. @ddec is that the complete list of no upcharge shafts?

ST-X was my gamer 80% of this year. New ST’s might just carry that over.

I anticipate more options than that.
I just got an email about it and yes, they have a nice selection of no upcharge shafts.

I am going to need to spend some time with the X this year again. I really liked the last one and while Mizuno calls it their Draw Biased model, it is nothing like some of the other draw biased options that exist. More neutral to me with some slight draw bias, which helps me square.
I haven't had the opportunity to hit one but this is music to my ears. Slight draw with help closing the face describes what I need for my game almost exactly.

Back