2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

So I was on IG today and there was a video of jday rolling what looked like a Toulon Daytona w/ a red Strokelab shaft.

So I was on IG today and there was a video of jday rolling what looked like a Toulon Daytona w/ a red Strokelab shaft.
Check out The previews on the new Odyssey line in the first post. We did them a couple of weeks ago and the info is there…

Check out The previews on the new Odyssey line in the first post. We did them a couple of weeks ago and the info is there…
I didn’t see jday on there. I saw mention of Willet and Gooch but didn’t see anything on jday unless I’m just missing it.

I didn’t see jday on there. I saw mention of Willet and Gooch but didn’t see anything on jday unless I’m just missing it.
I thought you were speaking to the red shaft, which is Stroke Labs signature. With about 50% of the tour using Odyssey currently, it would be hard to fit them all 😀

I thought you were speaking to the red shaft, which is Stroke Labs signature. With about 50% of the tour using Odyssey currently, it would be hard to fit them all 😀
No worries. I love the addition of the red Strokelab shaft last year. Just thought it was cool that jday switched to #teamodysseytoulon

Do you mind sharing what Luke had to say that solidified your selection? What other putter were you contemplating? Appreciate tge insight.
I was fit into the face balanced EXO #7 at the Odyssey Experience. Whenever I've used a toe hang putter I've had directional problems because of my stroke. Just looking at the putters My eye says the Two wide looks better than the Triple.
Luke pointed out the d Double has 40° toe hang and the Triple has 0° toe hang
I think the Tri Hot 3 has 70° toe hang. So depending on your stroke, it looks like there is a putter for everyone:)

I was fit into the face balanced EXO #7 at the Odyssey Experience. Whenever I've used a toe hang putter I've had directional problems because of my stroke. Just looking at the putters My eye says the Two wide looks better than the Triple.
I think the Tri Hot 3 has 70° toe hang. So depending on your stroke, it looks like there is a putter for everyone:)
BD07DB73-8AA2-42AE-B12F-95F4D722554D.jpeg

The amount of toe hang on the 3 scared me 😅

The amount of toe hang on the 3 scared me 😅
At the fitting Nick said my stroke would work with everything except the 3 the toe hang on that fits someones stroke but just not mine.

And Luke says "he's using the Triple Wide and I'm a Mallet guy":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So you know it's got to be good.:cool:

And Luke says "he's using the Triple Wide and I'm a Mallet guy":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So you know it's got to be good.:cool:
Hearing what Luke had to say makes me feel even better about having ordered the Triple Wide.

I putt better and am more comfortable with a face balanced mallet, but like the look of a blade. The Triple Wide should be the best of both worlds.

Hearing what Luke had to say makes me feel even better about having ordered the Triple Wide.

I putt better and am more comfortable with a face balanced mallet, but like the look of a blade. The Triple Wide should be the best of both worlds.
I am the same. But just for looks, the Double wide looks better to me. But when I start dropping putts, I won't mind the Triple at all.

I actually putt the best with EXO #7 with the micro-hinge insert, but I lag better with the Las Vegas and prefer that look.

So I'm hoping to get the best from both with the Triple Wide. Sinking putts and quality lag control. With the 5000 MOI
:unsure:I think I will.

I am the same. But just for looks, the Double wide looks better to me. But when I start dropping putts, I won't mind the Triple at all.

I actually putt the best with EXO #7 with the micro-hinge insert, but I lag better with the Las Vegas and prefer that look.

So I'm hoping to get the best from both with the Triple Wide. Sinking putts and quality lag control. With the 5000 MOI
:unsure:I think I will.
I was torn between the Double and Triple Wide. I knew I wanted one or the other, but was completely open minded as to which one. The Triple Wide looked a little gawky in photos, but in person it looks a lot better. I spent some time rolling both of them and liked them both, but I was putting better with the Triple Wide. The Odyssey fitter watched and agreed that my stroke was better suited to the face balanced Triple Wide.

I feel like this is awesome to see, given his history with the Spider.

I was torn between the Double and Triple Wide. I knew I wanted one or the other, but was completely open minded as to which one. The Triple Wide looked a little gawky in photos, but in person it looks a lot better. I spent some time rolling both of them and liked them both, but I was putting better with the Triple Wide. The Odyssey fitter watched and agreed that my stroke was better suited to the face balanced Triple Wide.

Always listen to the fitter, Especially to one who was in on development.

At the fitting Nick said my stroke would work with everything except the 3 the toe hang on that fits someones stroke but just not mine.
Lol I’d need a new putting stroke to make the 3 work for me! Maybe I’ll try left handed. Seems to work right @Muchmore18?

I need somewhere to try the white hot insert. I'm stuck in my microhinge ways.

I need somewhere to try the white hot insert. I'm stuck in my microhinge ways.
It’ll be a change for me. I’ve played the SL Ten for a couple years with the Microhinge Star, then been rolling the SeeMore lately, which is milled. The White Hot felt good when I was hitting it at the demo day though.

Back