PING PLD Milled Putters

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
PING has created many putters throughout its storied history, but many will agree that they are at their best when it comes to creating a clean, classic putter. With the release of the new PLD Milled putters, PING has updated their non-insert putters to offer golfers traditional Anser shapes as well as two mallets that won’t sacrifice any of that tour-preferred feel. 

PING-PLD-Milled-Putters-1.jpeg

PLD stands for Putting Lab Design, a moniker that PING has used in the past for tour models and some limited-edition releases. Many of the models on tour are often considered prototypes and carry that PLD name. We have seen some of these models come to the market, most recently with the limited release of the PLD Prime...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look slick

Looks good. Nice write up Dean. I'd be a Tyne 4 kinda guy.

I really like the simplistic look. They look great in my opinion.

Love everything, the weight, the minimal graphics, the finishes, even the RGB coloring, until you plaster that afterthought block PLD on the face. ugh

$450 is pushing the upper edge of what I was expecting as well.

Those look really cool and very clean

Doesn't do much for me but most Ping stuff doesn't.

My god that all black anser model is perfect!!! Everything about it is 🔥🔥🔥 Someone please order one so I can pick your brain on its performance and wear.

My god that all black anser model is perfect!!! Everything about it is 🔥🔥🔥 Someone please order one so I can pick your brain on its performance and wear.

take the leap. You know you want to.

@ddec great write up here on the Ping putters. Maybe it's just me, but these aren't doing it for me for their price points. Could just be me though.

When Ping puts out putters like this, it makes me want to play more Ping gear. The Anser is screaming my name!

take the leap. You know you want to.
Hell yea I do!! But not in the cards right now with double wide arriving last week and OG 1 arriving last night. But hey, maybe the trihot doesn’t even get the wrapper removed and gets traded in for the anser

The face looks great, the shapes look better, and while I appreciate the minimal graphics I still think these aren't good to look at. How?

Nothing that I have to have today, but those do look pretty darn nice.

Great looking putters, but at $449 where there are lots of other options, at least for my taste. For the same price, I'd likely go with something rarer like a Piretti Cuvio. I'm sure many Ping fans would beg to differ.

I like it. Could take or leave the little color accents though. Black Anser is probably the one moving the needle the most.

Looks yes, price no.

REALY LOVE the minimalist design to these. Ping did a great job here.

Classssssssy

I think the blue, green and red lines cheapen the look a bit but other than that I love the way these look. The Tyne is one of my favorite shapes out there and it looks like they offer a blade without a site line which is awesome to see. This should be a good release for Ping.

I know this is beating a dead horse. I also know that my sensations and feelings on putting may be different than anyone elses. The recent releases from Cleveland are over 2 times cheaper and feel great. I'm looking in that direction for my next putter. More expensive doesn't mean more putts made. I love the look of these, but I'd never pay for them.

Back