Tour Edge Exotics C722 Fairway Wood Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The past three releases of Tour Edge’s Exotics lineups have been met with nothing but superlatives, truly becoming lineups to which “if you know, you know” applies quite aptly. While the momentum continues to build for the company as a whole, there are many who have been waiting for the company to return to its Exotics roots and unleash a fairway wood the likes of which put them on the map. Well, the wait just might be over with the new C722 fairway wood

Tour-Edge-Exotics-C722-Fairway-Wood-1.jpeg

Quick Take

The C722 fairway is old school Tour Edge Exotics in a new school way. It is a rocket launcher that oozes everything the company has that put them on the map. Though tested in the strong 3 model, it showed versatility...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to demo one!

• Staff
I really gad a good time working with this one, even with all the rust on my swing, the results here show a ton of potential going forward. It’s going to have its shot at the bag for sure.

I want to demo one of these!!! Maybe not the 13° rocket...I think the E722 16.5 and 21 degree have a better chance at my bag than the C722, but solid showing nonetheless

Great write up @Jman . This sounds like a fantastic evolution for Tour Edge. Knowing the forgiveness is there, and seeing that distance, sounds like a great option for both the tee and fairway. I've enjoyed the EX10 Beta 15* in my bag for it's absolute distance I can get off the tee and fairway, and this seems built in the same vein with some more forgiveness. Excited to hear more as people get some swings with the 722!

I want to demo one of these!!! Maybe not the 13° rocket...I think the E722 16.5 and 21 degree have a better chance at my bag than the C722, but solid showing nonetheless
I played the C721 pro in 16.5* and it was a great club. I got good distance in the gap I wanted to fill, with enough height to hold greens. I think the E722 would be a great option that would give you even more forgiveness.

I played the C721 pro in 16.5* and it was a great club. I got good distance in the gap I wanted to fill, with enough height to hold greens. I think the E722 would be a great option that would give you even more forgiveness.
With my recent fitting results being slated in the Stealth compared to the Stealth+ has me leaning toward the E722 fairways. I do love my Sim Ti 5w right now, but I don't get enough spin to hold a green on a long approach, but it sure goes a long way. I'd expect nothing less from the C722 in that regard, just might be a little too low spin for me, since they're similar in build structure with the weight forward on the sole.

Great review James. Sounds like TEE is definitely bringing the goods again to add to their amazing FW legacy.

• Staff
Great review James. Sounds like TEE is definitely bringing the goods again to add to their amazing FW legacy.
It’s really nice to see this one, this year, it kind of reminds everyone what they cut their teeth on

Another @Jman Exotics Fairway wood Review that says "You have to Demo this"!
Outdoor Demo days will be in about a month and I'll be putting this on my "Demo" List.

Always enjoy hearing Fairways described as "Rocket Launchers". Really looking forward for the opportunity to demo one. Don't know if the 13* would be the choice, but the 16.5 certainly is of interest.

Another @Jman Exotics Fairway wood Review that says "You have to Demo this"!
Outdoor Demo days will be in about a month and I'll be putting this on my "Demo" List.
Just wish I could find a Tour Edge demo day near me!

Great review and breakdown of the tech going on with the C722. It's nice seeing the tech being promoted working as advertised. Having gotten to test the Diamond Face in the driver, I am not surprised at all to see it doing its job in the fairway. For the distances you are seeing and for the gaps I am trying to hit, I think the 13.5* would be too long for what I need.

Always wanted an Exoctics FW and Hybrid. Definitely going to give it a try

Diamond Face and Flash Face are probably the two best on the market today. I really want to try this fairway wood. It will probably be close to the same size as the Hogan GS53 I have been playing. But, I have went more forgiving with my bag, so, I would probably give up that max speed/distance for the more forgiving E722 fairway. It’s an absolute stunner though! @Jman what’s the lowest loft possible with the 13° 3+ wood?

Diamond Face and Flash Face are probably the two best on the market today. I really want to try this fairway wood. It will probably be close to the same size as the Hogan GS53 I have been playing. But, I have went more forgiving with my bag, so, I would probably give up that max speed/distance for the more forgiving E722 fairway. It’s an absolute stunner though! @Jman what’s the lowest loft possible with the 13° 3+ wood?
11.5! So, LOOOOOWWWWWW

On the course today, I’m fairly certain this one is going to take the 3w spot over the other two combatants

@Jman You mentioned it was playable off the deck even with such a low loft. Can you elaborate? Does the sole plate make it that much easier to launch off the turf? Does the weight make it more of a penetrating flight?

Great write up and numbers on the 3 wood. I will have to find one to try.

One thing about this club that is getting lost is that its cheaper than Callaway and TaylorMade! Technically, if you compare it to the TM Stealth+, which is the most comparable fw, it's $130 cheaper! That's a lot of bang for your buck!

@Jman You mentioned it was playable off the deck even with such a low loft. Can you elaborate? Does the sole plate make it that much easier to launch off the turf? Does the weight make it more of a penetrating flight?
It’s the same principle as in the TM Ti fairways, that weight is as low as possible and so too goes the CG, making launch naturally easier.

NOW, in the end it all comes back to swing and skill, fairway off the deck isn’t an easy shot, especially not for most in a 13 degree head.

It’s the same principle as in the TM Ti fairways, that weight is as low as possible and so too goes the CG, making launch naturally easier.

NOW, in the end it all comes back to swing and skill, fairway off the deck isn’t an easy shot, especially not for most in a 13 degree head.
Heck I had trouble with a 13 FW off a tee :LOL:

What a great write up. That is one good looking club. I'm not sure about the Ryzersole name haha but seeing those numbers and speeds I want to hit though being deeper doesn't bode well for me off the deck

Back