ahh2fly

Fred Couples' New Caddy
Reaction score
Handicap
VERY HIGH
Anyone ever tried paragliding? There is quite a large community here in Utah that does it, and I'm really interested in learning. But I'm kind of scared.

Caution, my iPhone is tapped.

Not one of you has been paragliding? I find that hard to believe. You're all so adverturous.

Definitely on my to do list along with sky diving

Tap before talk.

Not one of you has been paragliding? I find that hard to believe. You're all so adverturous.

I only live once, however I would like that one time to be rather long :)

That looks like fun. I would try it.

Some of my buddies here in Colorado do it, I've gone and watched them, but I figure if the universe went to all the trouble of creating gravity to keep my feet on terra firma who am I to argue?

The hill that they jump off of here in Salt Lake County can be seen from my office. Some days the sky is dotted with colorful paragliders. It looks like a lot of fun. Bungee jumping scared the crap out of me though. I've only bungee jumped one time and I don't think I could force myself to do it again.

I only live once, however I would like that one time to be rather long :)

haha I agree with you..... Im not jumping of of nothing I dont have to

The hill that they jump off of here in Salt Lake County can be seen from my office. Some days the sky is dotted with colorful paragliders. It looks like a lot of fun. Bungee jumping scared the crap out of me though. I've only bungee jumped one time and I don't think I could force myself to do it again.

Is that the one across from the prison? I went off there a few times. There are some wicked thermals right there in the corner and the view of the Wasatch range from altitude is spectacular. I miss Utah something fierce.

Is that the one across from the prison? I went off there a few times. There are some wicked thermals right there in the corner and the view of the Wasatch range from altitude is spectacular. I miss Utah something fierce.

The very one. It's called Point of the Mountain and separates Salt Lake County and Utah County.

My wife treated me to a tandem paragliding flight for my 40th. Awsome.

The guy that took me up (Mark Dann http://www.beyondextreme.co.uk/team.html) goes all over the world teaching etc.

You must give it a go.

I have done tandem paragliding. It was pretty fun.

I've seen people paragliding from that hill in Utah. Looked like a lot of fun. Also looks like it would take some heavy duty training/learning to be ready to do it.

Today was not the day to start! LOL. It was quite the windy one, wasn't it?

I have a few friends who took lessons at the Point of the Mountain (on a calmer day :smile:). They had a good time, and if I recall correctly, they went a few more times, but I don't think any of them stuck with it. But obviously, there are a number of folks that do.

I run along the Porter Rockwell trail below the gliders, so I hope to see you soaring out there one of these days! :good:

I think paraglider is a free-flying, foot-launched aircraft.
Paragliding is a recreational and competitive flying sport.

Back