Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV DIVIDE

I am really enjoying the Divide with the Z Star XV. I love how it helps me line up my putts. Right now, this is my ball for 2022.

I am really enjoying the Divide with the Z Star XV. I love how it helps me line up my putts. Right now, this is my ball for 2022.
I can't get over the two tone ball, but I can see it being great at lining up putts

I can't get over the two tone ball, but I can see it being great at lining up putts
What about it can’t you get over? On the tee, you can turn it to either color so it wouldn’t be bothering you. To me, it is something you get used to very quickly.

What about it can’t you get over? On the tee, you can turn it to either color so it wouldn’t be bothering you. To me, it is something you get used to very quickly.
That, I thought seeing even a sliver of another color would throw me off. Like the new TM stripe Tour Response...no thank you on that one for sure.

Bought a dozen XV Divide to play with. I am trying new balls out. These look pretty interesting in person. I still don't like the huge Srixon logo, but the divide is fun.

Bought a dozen XV Divide to play with. I am trying new balls out. These look pretty interesting in person. I still don't like the huge Srixon logo, but the divide is fun.
What made ya go XV?

Lowest spin of the bunch. I generate plenty of that on my own.
It’s also the most firm and highest compression of the Srixon offerings, something to keep in mind. Compression matters too, a lot, depending on your swing speed.

Lowest spin of the bunch. I generate plenty of that on my own.

Check out this video where we compared the balls. You might find that to be a bit different.

It’s also the most firm and highest compression of the Srixon offerings, something to keep in mind. Compression matters too, a lot, depending on your swing speed.
I actually like that. I have toyed around with the
-ProV1X and really like it too. We'll see, just trying see stuff out.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I actually like that. I have toyed around with the
-ProV1X and really like it too. We'll see, just trying see stuff out.
Which is always fun. That video JB posted might surprise you when it comes to spin if you haven’t seen it already

Really enjoyed the XV Divide's today. Only lost one so they were easy to find which is good for me. Chipped and pitched beautifully. These feel a bit heavy which I kind of like. More to come.

Got a few more holes in today with the XV Divide.

First off this ball is super easy to find. It may be the easiest ball to see on the ground that I have ever played with. If you're a little wild off the tee like me it may it may save you half a ball every round just because you find more of them.

As for performance, I have never really played the XV. I really like it. Off center shots give a heavy feel to the ball. I found the center much more today and I found it to be really lively from the center. Like it felt like it was jumping off the face. So it has a good feel.

Around the green it spins really well. This is one of the best spin shot balls I have ever played. It's easy to deloft, hit bump and runs with, and to get some really nice check from a pitch.

I would say I would switch to this ball right now. I like it as much as my old stalwart ProV1 because it feels a little hotter and it does everything around the green I like to do. It's also cooler looking than a ProV1.

I might be testing these for a bit given I am finding them so easily.

I played again Friday. These are great balls. Super easy to locate which is important when you're game is like mine. Really nice around the green and I love putting them. I am 80% committed to these balls. Will definitely be rolling with them to Myrtle Beach for my guys golf trip in May.

Found another dozen!!! Played yesterday. Not a ton of spin comparison since the grass was super dewy (humidity above 95% the entire round) but I hit a lot of good balls and these are so easy to find. Only lost one on a difficult course for me. Think I'm going to commit to the Z-Star XV Divide at least through my golf trip in 2 weeks.

Bought a dozen of the XV divides today... practicing putting with them in the house, just to see how straight my stroke starts the ball...I think I'm too technical when staring down at the split color line...I putt better/straighter when just having the ball down and aiming at the target without alignment help 🤷‍♂️

I put the ZX in play tonight. I really like the gloss finish compared to the matte finish on the Q-Star. It just looks more premium. Right away you notice a big difference in sound and feel. I got a completely different audible sound. Not egregious, but super apparent after playing the QST for so long. A little more of a denser tock off the putter as well. SPIN is abundant! It was kinda fun throwing wedges at the pin and seeing them stop pretty abruptly. Took a couple holes to adjust to this. I played late this afternoon and the sun was bright. I didn’t like the color contrast for alignment as much as the QST. The white/yellow combination was very subdued compared to my normal yellow/orange color choice. Performance wise, I didn’t see anything that really stuck out besides green side spin. I would like to test the Srixon urethane tour balls on a launch monitor to see which one is the best for me. The cost savings and performance per dollar with the QST, just makes it too good to move on from.

Just delivered.
B59CB68F-16C2-4E9B-9727-9918A588F3CD.jpeg

I played the Z-Star Divide today. I love the pearlescent finish, but I can’t see any performance gains over the Q-Star, at least not to warrant the higher price. I like the feel of the Q-Star better. I hate the matte finish though. But, the price, feel, performance, and contrast of the colors make it the winner over the Z-Star to me.

I've liked the Q-Star Tour, with my search for less spin off the driver, maybe I need to go back and try these to see if they give me a little less spin than the XV I have.

Back