Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

I'm using a Scratch 56* with the DD bounce and a 60* TM ZTP wedge which I don't know the bounce. I will be going to a 52/58 Nike VR Pro wedge set soon though

Have you been happy with the stock GW?

I am over the top happy with both the GW and the PW. If I had to pick a favorite club in the set it would be the GW.

I'm using the stock PW and GW and love them. I have added a 52* Di9 SW and can get the ball where I need it with those 3 clubs

I am over the top happy with both the GW and the PW. If I had to pick a favorite club in the set it would be the GW.

I'll second that. The GW is money.

Neck feels pretty good here at work today. Probably will be able to give the Di11's a run today. Excited.

Can't wait to hear what you think

Well, I was actually still in a bit of pain today but I decided to give these a swing. Played three holes after work and then went home.

I love them! Obviously, I don't have an extensive look at them yet but I was getting a higher ball-flight than with the Di9's (which is fantastic for me). The scoring clubs were absolutely beautiful, although I did sail my PW a bit on my first swing. I hit my five iron and absolutely crushed it. The irons were going long, straight. I took the time to hit each club at least once and really enjoyed it. I had a few ugly shots but that had absolutely nothing to do with the clubs but more with the pain in my neck.

I cannot wait until my first full round with these clubs. They're beautiful at address and I just feel confident swinging them. I'll probably be at full strength (or close to it) by Friday so I'm hopeful to get a full round in after work.

Since My store did not carry them I figured no one did

I will search the inventory tomorow to see if any stores near me actually have them

searched inventory today for Di11

found a store in northern nj near Newark...planned to get them transfered but the inventory was incorrect

no one has these

searched inventory today for Di11

found a store in northern nj near Newark...planned to get them transfered but the inventory was incorrect

no one has these

None of the stores here in the Denver metro area that are suppose to have them do either. It's the same story at all of them "We can order it"

No one seems to stock them near where I am in MD either. It's a shame that a great club like this just isn't in any stores.

None of the stores here in the Denver metro area that are suppose to have them do either. It's the same story at all of them "We can order it"

Yea they were probably special ordered. Maybe that is why that store showed it in their inventory. The store was supposed to have 4 of them though. 2 di11 steel and 2 di11 half+half and I was told they do not carry it.

Got out for 18 today at my home course and I was not hitting the ball well at all. The few I did hit well with the irons were as usual, long, high, straight and just awesome, problem is there were just not a lot of them, but that was all me. I then went to the range to work out what was going on and found my swing again, and the Di11's were fantastic. One thing I love about them is even on a day like today where I was not hitting the ball well at all, I was still able to shoot an 87 and I would guess the forgiveness of the Di11's saved me 8 strokes today.

I went to the range today and I am just struggling to find a swing since the outing. As CB said the shots that I did hit well did the usual high and straight. Everything else was blech!

Make sure you're "posting" your left leg at impact... single biggest difference for me as far as consistent contact.

Thanks drew! I will try and see if I am doing that next time.

Got out for 18 today at my home course and I was not hitting the ball well at all. The few I did hit well with the irons were as usual, long, high, straight and just awesome, problem is there were just not a lot of them, but that was all me. I then went to the range to work out what was going on and found my swing again, and the Di11's were fantastic. One thing I love about them is even on a day like today where I was not hitting the ball well at all, I was still able to shoot an 87 and I would guess the forgiveness of the Di11's saved me 8 strokes today.

Yeah Id say shooting an 87 on a bad swing day is pretty good and says a lot about the Di11's.

Thought I would join in the fun here, given that I have just received my di11s. I ordered them (4-gap) after being convinced by the first fifty pages of this thread. I had a moment of doubt when there were a few comments about lack of feel and the quality of the grips, but having received them today, they look great.

I ordered an inch longer, two degrees upright and midsize grips with the uniflex shaft.

The grips are Lamkin crossline and look pretty good (although I'm no grip expert) so I'm slightly surprised that reviews have been mixed. We'll see out on the course I suppose.

After a bit of thought, I have also ordered a couple of acer xb wedges in 52° and 56° so hopefully this should work quite well.

I'm particulalry interested to see how the shaft performs. I was heading towards buying a stiff-shafted set of something before decided on the di11s, so again hopefully it will be a good fit.

µLooks like I won't actually be able to hit these until the end of next week, so I'll try to bide my time patiently. Thanks to all the contributers to this thread, particulalry the four reviewers who really have done a great job of giving a well-rounded view of these irons.

I'll put up my impressions in a week or so when I've had chance to hit them.

Nick

Good luck with the new sticks Nick and welcome to THP. Look forward to your thoughts on the Di11's

Sorry, double post first up!

Last edited:
Good luck with the new sticks Nick and welcome to THP. Look forward to your thoughts on the Di11's

Thanks Kevin. They certainly look nice. I didn't have a chance to try before being, but they remind me of the di7 which I have tried (6 iron) a few times.

Thanks Kevin. They certainly look nice. I didn't have a chance to try before being, but they remind me of the di7 which I have tried (6 iron) a few times.

So are you saying the stock grips are Lampkin or did you order yours with Lampkins? They grew on me after a while but they still werent my favorites.

I simply ordered midsize grips Kevin. I don't know if that is what everyone else has as standard on theirs or not.

I simply ordered midsize grips Kevin. I don't know if that is what everyone else has as standard on theirs or not.

Ok gotchya.

Back