Big Max Goes Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Rick Oldach, President of Big Max USA joins the show for a really interesting conversation about the game of golf and the tools we use to play..

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Rick discuss everything from the history of Big Max to how he got involved with the brand and where they are headed in the future. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss.

Episode 104 is here and Dan and Rick discuss the following topics.

Big Max USA and Europe
Golf Bags and What Makes them Stand Out
Electric Carts vs Push Carts vs Carrying
Accessories that Make Sense
And so much more

Continue reading...

This is an interesting listen. When looking at push carts I hadn't even considered Big Max, now I'm interested to see what they have to offer.

I absolutely love their golf bags. I think their hybrid models are some of the best around. I am with @Canadan in preferring less than a 14 way.

I absolutely love their golf bags. I think their hybrid models are some of the best around. I am with @Canadan in preferring less than a 14 way.
How do their carts compare to competitors that seem to be more popular?

How do their carts compare to competitors that seem to be more popular?
Quite well actually. I have used their stand and hybrid bags in the past, and always found their pockets and features to be on par with just about anything out there. I know @JDax has used two iterations from them as well and talks about it frequently.

Quite well actually. I have used their stand and hybrid bags in the past, and always found their pockets and features to be on par with just about anything out there. I know @JDax has used two iterations from them as well and talks about it frequently.
I was talking carts not bags haha but the bags look darn good too. I love all the waterproofing features

I was talking carts not bags haha but the bags look darn good too. I love all the waterproofing features, 14-way not my jam though
I know you were, I just don't have the experience with them like I do the hybrids. Build quality I would imagine is exactly the same as is the materials. Which are all pretty darn good. When I got my first one several years ago, I didnt know what to expect, but have since come away really impressed.

Fun listen. I had honestly never heard of, or at least do not remember hearing about bigmax before. Took a look around their website. Their products seem really nice..

Should have asked if he knew what the color of the year for 2024 was. lol.

Ok, poking around their site. I am a fan.. I really like the minimalist look of these carts. The bags are cool. The accessories are function and classy and they seem to have thought of everything. They make good looking stuff.

Ok, poking around their site. I am a fan.. I really like the minimalist look of these carts. The bags are cool. The accessories are function and classy and they seem to have thought of everything. They make good looking stuff.
Same. I'm in the market and almost pulled the trigger on a Nitron but now I'm not sure haha

Same. I'm in the market and almost pulled the trigger on a Nitron but now I'm not sure haha

Kinda the same..

The Blade IP is very cool looking to me.. Amazing how well it folds.

1650633451990.png

I like the dri-lite 7 bag. I had no idea who this company was until this morning. Thanks @Canadan

that's such a crazy visual, right?

I kept seeing it on the site and thinking about it.

seriously.. The idea that it folds down to 5 inches is nuts.

My current bag is a Big Max Hybrid & my bag prior to that was the prior gen Big Max Hybrid. I really like their product, I’m contrarian in that I prefer 14 way bags, and Big Max makes great bags.

I didn't even know this was an option to be honest. Ive only ever looked at bag boy and click gear for the most part. Great episode (halfway through) so far. Cant wait to finish it. May look into their options here shortly as my bag boy is starting to get a little outdated/struggling.

Some Pictures of the two Big Max Hybrid bags that I have used.

19D82922-A6E8-44F3-A526-EF7743A1A087.jpeg
7EFC923E-5771-4DE7-8B97-22C2DDB00884.jpeg
36E9D8B8-5491-44B4-9507-3CC8C2F11858.jpeg
57F17BE5-3F49-47A6-929A-A8615987EA71.jpeg
The black bag is the prior gen. I have full commentary in the Review thread.

You have that beautiful Nashville Guitar cover and put skulls on that putter? :oops:
The THP guitar cover is rotated in, I just went with the 9/11 memorial cover last week.

Back