Tech Talk: ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last year we reviewed the brand new Kinetixx ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft and it has become a THP forum favorite by those that have picked it up. Unique without question, this shaft is high technology with an interesting story to boot.

Putter shafts, and really shafts in general are a difficult thing to review. While we can speak on the the fit and the benefits, along with the data, the story goes deeper in nearly every aspect.

In this episode of Tech Talk, we breakdown the technology behind ZERO TRQ putter shaft by Kinetixx. From there we discuss how it differs from standard putter shafts most are using and of course take a deep dive into how it will perform and react in your hands. Is graphite different than steel? Is there a performance difference overall? And why does torque make a difference?

Have you explored the world of putter shafts whether it be traditional steel or graphite? Have you tried a Kinetixx product? Is the ZERO TRQ something that you think would work for your game?

For more information on the Kinetixx ZERO TRQ or any of the products the company is putting out currently, make sure you check out their website at www.kinetixxgolf.com.

Continue reading...

Great job @Canadan and @Jman

Enjoyed this conversation and the discussion around why it makes a difference and how a putter shaft can influence feel so much.

Interested in this. And look forward to digging in!

This was a lot of fun to sit down with Dan and talk about what I still believe is the best graphite putter shaft out there.

Great video guys, that looks like another impressive offering from PK. Really enjoy the ballistic shafts so far and wouldn’t mind trying this in a putter.

Great video guys, that looks like another impressive offering from PK. Really enjoy the ballistic shafts so far and wouldn’t mind trying this in a putter.
It’s eye opening. The only thing I hope to see from them down the road is a longer option for different installs, and it would be fantastic to see if Kinetixx could take on the over-hosel design like others have begun to with their graphite options.

Very informative video guys. Thanks!

Graphite putter shafts are something I have never tried but would like to some day.

It’s eye opening. The only thing I hope to see from them down the road is a longer option for different installs, and it would be fantastic to see if Kinetixx could take on the over-hosel design like others have begun to with their graphite options.
This one will currently only fit plumbers neck styles correct? @Briton G was talking about throwing one in an Edel 1.5 and I bet that’s going to be deadly.

Great video @Canadan @Jman. Super informative. What’s your thoughts on dropping the Zero TRQ into the new 1.5 Edel. Would probably want to drop the same weight into handle under my right hand and stay with round grip. I do like to tinker.

Looking forward to the video in a bit.

Whenever I roll this guy, I always think how different it feels without being able to describe how. :LOL:

This one will currently only fit plumbers neck styles correct? @Briton G was talking about throwing one in an Edel 1.5 and I bet that’s going to be deadly.
It can be used in any internal hosel setup. So, you could put one in a SeeMore (with no weight spud) for example, or a slant neck with an inner-hosel top.

But, raw it’s only 34”, so that needs to be kept in mind for final length.

This could lead to my bag being nearly all Kinetixx shafts.

Nice listen guys. For sure a very cool product. I would like to try something that stable and see what it is like.

Looking forward to watching this a bit later

Looking forward to the video in a bit.

Whenever I roll this guy, I always think how different it feels without being able to describe how. :LOL:
What I’ve been saying in these putter shaft reviews for years and years now. 👍

I think @Jman 's statement at the end that the putter is directly connected to the hands, which can be good or bad, might hit pretty close to home.

I've noticed with the zero trq when I make a good stroke, I get really really good results. so like 9 or 10 straight putts are great, just what I want, even if i'm not right in the sweet spot.
But then if i hitch or decel or try to get handsy to adjust something in the stroke I feel like I get more punished, because the head does exactly that.

Not sure i've quite looked at it that way before, bit i'm going to think about it now.

definitely agree it's more pleasing sound/feel with a deeper milled head. and i'd assume with a soft insert.

Love this TV Video about the Kinetixx Putter shaft. being the club that is connected to the hands with only .2 degrees of torque , man that must just generate such feel. I LOVE The Evnroll 1.0 Gravity Midsize 123g Putter Grip. ?The weight of the grip with the head, i wonder how this would feel with this shaft.....great, now i need to tinker more...great reel

I'll have to listen to this later tonight! My shaft choices were between this and a Stability and while I went Stability, I'm still super interested in possibly picking one of these up

I'll have to listen to this later tonight! My shaft choices were between this and a Stability and while I went Stability, I'm still super interested in possibly picking one of these up
Sometimes people make poor decisions.
I kid I kid.

Enjoyable watch @Canadan and @Jman. Completely agree about putter head being connected to your hands.

I just went and surfed the Kinetixx website, but only see the Tuned Red or Tuned Blue options; red being standard and blue counterbalanced. Is the Zero Trq a separate model from that line?

Enjoyable watch @Canadan and @Jman. Completely agree about putter head being connected to your hands.

I just went and surfed the Kinetixx website, but only see the Tuned Red or Tuned Blue options; red being standard and blue counterbalanced. Is the Zero Trq a separate model from that line?
If you message them and tell them you are a THPer they will sell direct. Otherwise places like Club Champion have this available.

yes, not on website. have to call/email and tell them you're a THP'er

If you message them and tell them you are a THPer they will sell direct. Otherwise places like Club Champion have this available.
Ah, gotcha! Thanks!

So what is the cost of these? Any direct comparisons to the BGT Stability Tour shaft as far as stability? This is 0.2* and the BGT is 1* tq.

So what is the cost of these? Any direct comparisons to the BGT Stability Tour shaft as far as stability? This is 0.2* and the BGT is 1* tq.
$150 + shipping + tax. You can email [email protected] to order.

And while you're here, you should join the albatross club! Best membership in golf!

Last edited:
Back