Anybody here do the bucket?

I have one for days like today! 90+ and humid.

Just ordered my first bucket. I've always been a baseball cap hat guy but had the urge to see how the other side lives
I have one and they are amazing for hot sunny days. I really need to wear mine more often.

Just ordered a Mission Booney hat, should have it for golf on Sunday.

I ordered one last night, time to give it a try.

I have never worn one on the course but I totally would if I found one I really liked

I have two that I wear quite a bit. A Titleist exactly like the one @goalie is wearing above, and and another one from Bill Murray golf that I like a lot. I shave my head and live in Florida, so the more sun protection the better.

I have never worn one on the course but I totally would if I found one I really liked
They have one at Dormie Club (or did at Victoria National) that has the Dormie logos. I want it, but it was too big. If it fits, I am all over it.

They have one at Dormie Club (or did at Victoria National) that has the Dormie logos. I want it, but it was too big. If it fits, I am all over it.
Sweet i will be checking it out. I could add one to the collection, I don’t need anymore regular hats haha

Just got one. It's the mission one. Wore it once on the course, worked well.

I just bought a Mission one recently (the one you can soak in water) and have used it about 3 rounds so far. I really like it, but my only complaint is that the brim isn't strong enough to not flop around if it gets a little windy. It's been a minor inconvenience so far, but I have only used it in conditions that were less than 10mph winds.

Baseball hats do nothing to protect your ears.

I'm at the point where sun protection > fashion

I'm tempted to start using my Shelta that has a baseball stuff brim in a boonie hat design, as the brim doesn't flop in the wind. I wear one kayaking and then Titleist brim was flipping a little on me last night.

I just bought a Mission one recently (the one you can soak in water) and have used it about 3 rounds so far. I really like it, but my only complaint is that the brim isn't strong enough to not flop around if it gets a little windy. It's been a minor inconvenience so far, but I have only used it in conditions that were less than 10mph winds.
I said the same thing, it's a bit floppy but it was okay. I have not played in the wind a lot yet at least.

My personal problem is that I'm not likely to ever use the little chin strap that it comes with and unlike on my kids hats it's not easily detachable - I think I need to just cut it.

I said the same thing, it's a bit floppy but it was okay. I have not played in the wind a lot yet at least.

My personal problem is that I'm not likely to ever use the little chin strap that it comes with and unlike on my kids hats it's not easily detachable - I think I need to just cut it.

Definitely. I just tuck it up in the hat itself so it sits on top of my head. I don't notice it up there, but likely would never use it as intended. I'll likely cut it off eventually.

Definitely. I just tuck it up in the hat itself so it sits on top of my head. I don't notice it up there, but likely would never use it as intended. I'll likely cut it off eventually.
Same - I should have said that, I just kind of tuck it up there and it hasn't fallen out yet.

This is pretty much the one I wear all the time (Dermatologist's orders):

41jjcpvBOhL._AC_.jpg

Dorfman Pacific Co Men's Soaker

Highly recommended.

My wife and I have a pair of really wide-brimmed bucket-style hats we wore in more punishing sailing weather. Those and long-sleeve white tees did miracles for keeping us comfortable. But, otherwise, for me, it's a straw cowboy hat or a ball cap. When golfing it's a tour driver golf cap, à la DeChambeau.

I'm darker-skinned and rarely burn--particularly if I've a good base tan.

Aaaand off to Bill Murray golf.....

All I pretty much wear currently is the reversible one they have (camo side). I've been wearing it for awhile now and I definitely got mileage out of it. Currently looking at different options and I'm liking the one @chile just bought.

919F05AC-5DAB-4F99-90CF-2E7A35CD17E1.jpeg

Not easy finding one for my XL head!

20220723_152926.jpg

Baseball hats do nothing to protect your ears.

I'm at the point where sun protection > fashion

I'm tempted to start using my Shelta that has a baseball stuff brim in a boonie hat design, as the brim doesn't flop in the wind. I wear one kayaking and then Titleist brim was flipping a little on me last night.

I just bought a Shelta hat, specifically for golf, it works great. Bald, pasty guy needs the sun off my ears and neck as well. I sweat like crazy when it's hot, so much so that even sun block just melts off of me and make a huge mess. 😕

Adidas large brim bucket/ boonie type. I prefer the ball cap but ive become a bit too familiar with the dermalogist

E6053A5B-E687-43E5-AB52-A3CF4D6FAD26.jpeg

Back