The Club Champion Putter Fitting

Got some questions via PM around the putter I was fit for and other options.

I was fit for the Marxman, but one of the other options was a Sacks Parente blade. Both gave me great success during the fitting and despite being very different, both had me delivering the club head where I needed to.

I have been messing around with both for quite some time and the fitting definitely nailed it, despite being pretty different head shapes.

Maybe it’s just my local CC but developing a good relationship is key. After a while I’ve played a few rounds with my fitter and he’s a good dude. He lets me come in, tinker, hit trackman without spending a dime because I’ve gone to him when I have true needs and he knows I’ll buy a club or two when that need can be met.

I have a forward press when I start my back stroke and noticed, due to how my Twins drawing on my Golf Balls, initial role would be back spin. This was in the 90s before Internet YouTube took off so no real info avail. Went to Golf shop and had them bend in increments until I got forward role. All those years of 3 putts:banghead:

When the world of golf equipment collides with the idea of playing better, few things come to mind quite like the putter. Far too often the putter is labeled as personal or personal preference. What if the idea existed that looking down on something you love style wise, could coincide with science to make you more efficient?

Good news, it does. It takes very little time, and now it is pretty darn affordable. For years, the best players in the world used fitting as a tool to marry their equipment to their game to be more efficient. Few areas are more important than that of the putter and the fitting might be much easier than you think.

Rather than go on and on about the science behind it, I wanted to share a personal journey of my putter fitting and the impact it had, while still sharing some of the technology that makes it unique. Before diving into that, let's start with a few questions.

Continue reading...

Next to having enough golf balls during a round of golf, we think a putter fitting is first and foremost in wanting you to come back and play more golf.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I have a forward press when I start my back stroke and noticed, due to how my Twins drawing on my Golf Balls, initial role would be back spin. This was in the 90s before Internet YouTube took off so no real info avail. Went to Golf shop and had them bend in increments until I got forward role. All those years of 3 putts:banghead:

Yes, you get some very useful data from the CC fitting. I learned I also have a slightly downward angle of attack with putter, so the loft needed to be high enough to get ideal launch to get the ball rolling. Now I just gotta be more consistent with my own technique and trust myself.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I’ve shared my thoughts previously around CC, but I did do a putter fitting there about 4 years ago and was very pleased with the results and info that came from it. I’m still using said putter head today with a different shaft.

It really will depend on what you are fit into. They have some unique shaft options as well as a few other things, but also I believe a number of pretty standard prices.

And right now there is a $125.00 off the putter purchase if you get a fitting ( @ $125.00) . So you just pay for the putter and the options you chose, right ? .

Back