Official Rant of the Day

i want so badly to believe people are good but man they make it hard sometimes. just got a dispute notice in the mail for a transaction we did for someone. it is only $62.00 but still $62.00 and a legit transaction. i sent all the info over to the credit card companies "dispute team" lets see if they actually credit my account back or believe this scumbag person. i'm going with the scumbag.

I've never quite understood the urgency in driving to Florida. It's 23 hours if you make the absolute minimum stops. Whether you arrive at 6:00 in the afternoon or 10:00 in the evening it's pretty much the same to me. We're there for 12 days; a couple of hours ain't gonna make a hill of beans difference.

I had the opportunity to meet up with @Browndog on the way down and experience his home course, but one of the guys who is coming with me wants to get to Florida "as quickly as possible". Gotta get there at a decent time and get groceries. Why not get a later tee time for Monday and get groceries in the morning?

I just don't understand the logic.

I've never quite understood the urgency in driving to Florida. It's 23 hours if you make the absolute minimum stops. Whether you arrive at 6:00 in the afternoon or 10:00 in the evening it's pretty much the same to me. We're there for 12 days; a couple of hours ain't gonna make a hill of beans difference.

I had the opportunity to meet up with @Browndog on the way down and experience his home course, but one of the guys who is coming with me wants to get to Florida "as quickly as possible". Gotta get there at a decent time and get groceries. Why not get a later tee time for Monday and get groceries in the morning?

Some people just have to be in a hurry. I'll never understand.

Heat?

I just found out that there's a corporate event being held at that course tomorrow. And I've been asked to volunteer and drive the beer cart. There are going to be some unhappy golfers tomorrow!!
Ugh... my home course hosts tons of outings. The course really suffers but they are able to be affordable to the rest of us this way...

I tried out a new instructor yesterday. All I have to say is it will be the last time I see her. I get it. Do you want my swing to look like a ******* PGA pro swing. But, I’m a 44-year-old male with plantar fasciitis and back problems. I don’t think we are a good fit! There is nothing I hate more than an instructor who has one way of teaching. If I physically can’t do something then we need to find a way to work around it instead of just saying I have to keep practicing.

I tried out a new instructor yesterday. All I have to say is it will be the last time I see her. I get it. Do you want my swing to look like a ******* PGA pro swing. But, I’m a 44-year-old male with plantar fasciitis and back problems. I don’t think we are a good fit! There is nothing I hate more than an instructor who has one way of teaching. If I physically can’t do something then we need to find a way to work around it instead of just saying I have to keep practicing.
Agree with you. I want an instructor who's going to tweak my game to be better not make me a completely different player.
A guy told me at a fitting this summer told me I need to learn to hit a draw, I asked how and he didn't have a suggestion, just to do it 🤣

Agree with you. I want an instructor who's going to tweak my game to be better not make me a completely different player.
A guy told me at a fitting this summer told me I need to learn to hit a draw, I asked how and he didn't have a suggestion, just to do it 🤣
This is exactly like what she did. Yeah thank you very much. I know my grip is too strong and I don’t turn my hips enough in the backswing and I’m too long. OK, so how do I correct it with some drills.

right now I am on the range trying to do the turn thing and my back hurts so bad. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to walk tomorrow.

Went to michigan last weekend to play with my son. First, michigan kicks ass for the great courses that are open to the public. Played arcadia south saturday, love the corse. Fun and frustrating. Links style. Greens are rocks. #16 par 3. Left front falls to a small valley. Wind in our face. 215 to front. Hit a damn driver….. ended up in valley. Pissed! Chip put par. But way to long from whites. Played with head scout for caralina hurricanes and a father of a prospect smoozing for his son to get drafted. Sunday we played at the course at ferris state. A fantastic course. Shot 98 saturday but rebounded with a solid 81 (damn good for first time playing course). Highly recommend both. But arcadia could shorten that par 3

Been there, done that. Unfortunately finding a proper instructor can be a bit of a process, but good that it only took a few minutes for you to realize she wasn't for you.

Been there, done that. Unfortunately finding a proper instructor can be a bit of a process, but good that it only took a few minutes for you to realize she wasn't for you.
To her credit, I played 9 holes today and played well, since I was more aware of my grip issue. But I won’t go back. She kept pulling up pictures of tour players and their rotation. At one point I said “that’s why they are on tour and I’m here working with you”. It was kind of like GolfTec without GolfTec. Ironically, the best instructor I had was at GolfTec. What made him so good was that he used the technology to help me and not fit me to a swing that doesn’t work for me. He told me after a few lessons to stop focusing on the golftec numbers and instead focus on the drills he gave me.

12:15 - hey can you hop on the forklift and unload this delivery and then load up this other delivery

I get a truck mid-lunch most days now.... they can either wait, or handbomb the loads off themselves lol.

That's a possibility. But so is just taking Monday to get settled and not golf at all.

Maybe I'll just drive up one day and see @Browndog
Today was the last hot day of the year. It’s going to beautiful when you are driving through. @brotherdave and I are looking forward to seeing you and playing some golf. You and your crew are our guests. You mean to tell me that your guys are going to give up free golf to get groceries? Where are their priorities? :ROFLMAO:

I honestly don't understand it. I've never understood it any year I've ever driven down - driver stops for fuel you make a freaking beeline for the bathroom, because once the pump clicks off it's back in D. I like getting where I'm going too, but I don't mind stopping for 30 minutes here or there (I made two stops for 30 minutes naps on the drive to Louisville after working a 9 hour day)

But, I have my vehicle, and I can go wherever the %$(* I want, so I'm gonna make the drive up one day and join you guys. I might be able to guilt them into changing their minds when I pick them up Saturday morning, but if not rest assured I'm heading your way even if I'm by myself.

These 2 a$$hole kids in the neighborhood with g35s rev and fly through here when kids are out playing and all times of the day. I'm about to lose my cool on them.

Last edited:
Couple of things. When did people stop saying “on your left” when passing someone on a walking trail? Or, when dimwits walk shoulder to shoulder on a narrow sidewalk and fail to give people approaching from the opposite direction a little room on the sidewalk.

It’s common courtesy. Those people lack good raising, likely dump their shopping carts wherever and deserve to step in every pile of dog **** they ever encounter.

Couple of things. When did people stop saying “on your left” when passing someone on a walking trail? Or, when dimwits walk shoulder to shoulder on a narrow sidewalk and fail to give people approaching from the opposite direction a little room on the sidewalk.

It’s common courtesy. Those people lack good raising, likely dump their shopping carts wherever and deserve to step in every pile of dog **** they ever encounter.
Haven’t you noticed the accelerating decline in manners and courtesy?
It ain’t coming back, I’m afraid.

Haven’t you noticed the accelerating decline in manners and courtesy?
It ain’t coming back, I’m afraid.
It’s disheartening to see.

Not exactly the same, but I have noticed a large increase in quantity of people who are driving in the right lane and when an acceleration lane appears they will signal right to try and gain 2 spots when in slow traffic.
Um, you're the reason traffic is slow because the natural flow now has to stop to let you back in....

It's pretty much a F-U attitude, I'm more important than you. Very, very sad but not self-correcting any time soon.

So how would you all feel if you spent a large amount of money at a place of business and they said if something happens to not fit just send it back and we’ll swap it out for you. But….you have to spend more money for shipping it back to them instead of them emailing you a return label so you can get it exchanged????

I’m kinda very disappointed/annoyed about this situation.

Woof pet med prices are not the same as they were last year.

Back