Official Rant of the Day

Sorry to hear about this, both those pains are not fun. Interested in your Theragun recovery though. You’re finding it helps with the plantar fasciitis?
I massage my heel and then my calf to loosen up things. It seems to help.

I am moving back to Comcast from ATT. ATT CS sucks worse than Comcast...I didn't think that was possible!
We jsut went the other way. Talked about that on WGP this past week. What a nightmare we had with Xfinity internet.

I am moving back to Comcast from ATT.
Part of what I used to do for a living was deal with our Internet and TelCom providers. I worked with a lot of them over the years. The thing that now calls itself "AT&T" (which is really SBC, Southwestern Bell, re-branded) was far and away the worst with which I ever had to work. The level of ineptness was truly epic.

This in stark contrast to the real AT&T, which had been one of the best, if not the best, TelCom providers ever in the world.

Back in the days before the breakup of AT&T, I would never thought I'd ever see the day when a cable company did a better, more competent job than the phone company, but damned if the thing that now calls itself "AT&T" didn't manage to make that a reality
shake.gif

Ever Have so much to do that you just sit there and don't do anything? That's me today.

Have this much **** to do

And this much time to do it

So imma just sit here and browse THP for a bit.

We jsut went the other way. Talked about that on WGP this past week. What a nightmare we had with Xfinity internet.
We had a storm come through our neighborhood not long ago on a Thursday afternoon. We had power outages and of course a neighbors tree limb fell and took out the fiber line to our house. ATT schedules a repair truck to run the new fiber line for the following Tuesday. So no interwebz or tv from Thursday evening until late Tuesday when they finally got around to it. And no they didn't offer a credit...I had to ask for it.

Comcast had a repair truck following the power trucks. As power was restored to the areas, the Comcast guy was fixing their customers who needed line replacements.

We had Comcast and had no issues, swapped to ATT when the price bump occurred. Time to swap back.

Ever Have so much to do that you just sit there and don't do anything? That's me today.

Have this much **** to do

And this much time to do it

So imma just sit here and browse THP for a bit.

Yeah man - that's tough. It's almost like there is so much to do you don't even know where to start.

If you're looking for a hand - just pick a place to start and go. There are so many saying such as "don't confuse activity with progress" but at the end of the day even those walking lap people on the couch.

But yeah, sometimes a quick browse on THP helps get started as well!

So, last night was a complete cluster! I’ve been sick now 9 days. Went back to the doctor today and he loaded me up with antibiotics, steroids, and an inhaler.
I told you that story to tell you this story. My wife had a job interview today. She is looking to transfers schools in the county and she had to do an interview.🤷‍♂️ She asked me if she could sleep at her mother’s last night to get a good night sleep. I’ve been hacking up a lung at night, and JBCIV is usually up by 5AM. Me, being the loving and supportive spouse, said sure, no problem. Even though I think it was an excuse for her and her mom to sit on the couch, drink wine, and watch reality tv. But, I digress. So, I’m laying down asleep and about 12:30 this morning ALL THE SMOKE DETECTORS GO OFF!!! I jump out of bed looking for a fire. Kids are crying, dogs are barking. I can’t find anything! Go outside. Look on the roof. No fire or smoke. Go back inside. Get the children calmed down. Lay back down. Now it’s after 2AM.
And, wouldn’t you know it, smoke alarms go off again!😡😡😡🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Get up again. Look around, nothing. Kids are screaming and dogs are howling. I notice the humidifier I have in my room is putting out a lot of steam. My thought was this steam was tricking the smoke alarms into thinking it was actual smoke!🤦‍♂️ Get the children asleep again. I’m up because I’m coughing a lot. It was one of the worst nights of my life. But, I got a text from my wife this morning saying she slept like a baby, so I got that going for me!

Being completely vulnerable and honest, I cry nightly to JB about this. I told him I think I have 1/3 the hair I used to have and it just keeps coming out. He initially thought I was exaggerating with that number, but now reading these articles it’s not uncommon to lose up to 50% of your hair. That’s an alarming number.

I used to joke that I had so much hair it didn’t matter how much I lost I would never have to worry, and I used to have to get my hair thinned out when I got it cut, that’s how much hair I used to have. Now, I can’t even pull it back because there isn’t enough there. I’m terrified.
We have some friends that their daughter went through something very similar. Her daughter, which is a senior in high school now went through this about a year and a half ago. She was also losing hair in chunks/handfuls just like you are describing. Hers was attributed to stress because all of the things she used to do, high school sports, pageants, etc were all taken away from her because of covid and she was isolated. Her parents had to get her some help and once her stress levels came back down her hair started growing back and she is back to her normal self. She was in a pretty deep depression when all of this happened and it made it worse on the hair loss. I believe her parents got her some help as in a psychiatrist, and things started to get better for her and shes back to normal. Stress can do terrible things to the body. I hope you get this all figured out!

We have some friends that their daughter went through something very similar. Her daughter, which is a senior in high school now went through this about a year and a half ago. She was also losing hair in chunks/handfuls just like you are describing. Hers was attributed to stress because all of the things she used to do, high school sports, pageants, etc were all taken away from her because of covid and she was isolated. Her parents had to get her some help and once her stress levels came back down her hair started growing back and she is back to her normal self. She was in a pretty deep depression when all of this happened and it made it worse on the hair loss. I believe her parents got her some help as in a psychiatrist, and things started to get better for her and shes back to normal. Stress can do terrible things to the body. I hope you get this all figured out!

I have a strong feeling mine is stress induced too. Just 3 months ago I went through an incredibly stressful move and during that time my dad had a heart attack, so it was definitely a trying time. As a generally high stress person to begin with, that did not help at all. Some days are better than others, but it's still coming out far more than what would be considered "normal".

I have a strong feeling mine is stress induced too. Just 3 months ago I went through an incredibly stressful move and during that time my dad had a heart attack, so it was definitely a trying time. As a generally high stress person to begin with, that did not help at all. Some days are better than others, but it's still coming out far more than what would be considered "normal".
Dang. Well I truly hope it gets better for you and you get it figured out. Sounds like @JB needs to buy you a membership to a local massage place and do some sauna sessions or something. Maybe that would help. I know this summer has been a trying one for us with having 2 close friends pass and my wife's grandmother having the stroke and mine and my wifes health issues we thought were something. Wife has been more stressed than me and I wish I could take it all away from her and it just sucks as a husband to not be able to take that burden from your spouse because you know it's all they want.

Dang. Well I truly hope it gets better for you and you get it figured out. Sounds like @JB needs to buy you a membership to a local massage place and do some sauna sessions or something. Maybe that would help. I know this summer has been a trying one for us with having 2 close friends pass and my wife's grandmother having the stroke and mine and my wifes health issues we thought were something. Wife has been more stressed than me and I wish I could take it all away from her and it just sucks as a husband to not be able to take that burden from your spouse because you know it's all they want.
Buy it for her? She makes more than I do :ROFLMAO:
SHe could have the needy husband surgically removed, that might help.

Buy it for her? She makes more than I do :ROFLMAO:
SHe could have the needy husband surgically removed, that might help.
It doesn’t matter. It’s the husbandly thing to do. Lol

I hope it gets better for you. My wife gets small bout of stress induced hair loss where it looks like someone shed a whole human in our shower, but it goes away. This time it was her being able to stay home now because of my new job and her freaking out about it. I told her to stay working and she said hell no, and it stopped after about 10 days. I am guessing the Drs have no solutions either?

I hope it gets better for you. My wife gets small bout of stress induced hair loss where it looks like someone shed a whole human in our shower, but it goes away. This time it was her being able to stay home now because of my new job and her freaking out about it. I told her to stay working and she said hell no, and it stopped after about 10 days. I am guessing the Drs have no solutions either?

No, they all say everything is perfectly normal, my blood work was perfect.

No, they all say everything is perfectly normal, my blood work was perfect.
Any chance you’re considering the Therabody SmartGoggles to help manage the stress?

@GolferGal, because your thought patterns are similar to those of my wife, I'm thinking you may want to look into rosemary oil. Battled minoxidil to a standstill after six months in a clinical trial:

The commissioner of our Fantasy Football league issued a death sentence to our league after this year. Bickering over trades caused him to use the nuclear option. Funny how a bunch of 40-50 year olds can still behave like children. I know it can’t be fun running the show so I never have complained, always paid my money before asked and had a great 8 years.

Well, if you're willing to pay for it, there's always Starlink. People I know who've acquired it have been quite pleased with it.

I'd heard that... they are/were taking beta testers in my area. I didn't want to pay $800 some odd dollars to have connectivity come and go willy nilly when they decided the network needed rebooting. Plus, at the time I had 2 people working from home that could not lose connectivity... now that requirement has disappeared since 1 died and the other moved out I don't know. Maybe I'll look into it and it's a bit more mature now.

We're out in the boonies and have been pretty happy with starlink. WAY better than any of the options we had previously.

I'm considering it... it's a maybe. How do you have your antenna positioned and the power supply for it and all that? How do you keep it from getting messed up by the weather? Or is it indoors placed by a window? I'm curious to know, thanks.

I am moving back to Comcast from ATT. ATT CS sucks worse than Comcast...I didn't think that was possible!

We did something similar with DirecTV and Dish Network. DirecTv raised our rates. My wife called and said "Why!" and they lowered them to the original rate.
The following year they did it again. My wife called and said "WHY!" and they lowered them again.
The following year they raised rates again. My wife called and asked "Why!" They responded "because." She said "lower them." They said "No." She said "Cancel service." They said "but wait!" and she then said "Too late. You suck." And we went to Dish with the hopper and the joeys and stuff.

5 years in Dish does the same thing... raise rates, lower them when we complain. Then wouldn't lower them after the 3rd time or something. We canceled and went back to DirecTV. And got the Genie and main DVR and all that junk.

They both suck but their customer service is, by far, better than the phone company. And a dead chimpanzee is better than anything a cable company provides.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So, last night was a complete cluster! I’ve been sick now 9 days. Went back to the doctor today and he loaded me up with antibiotics, steroids, and an inhaler.
I told you that story to tell you this story. My wife had a job interview today. She is looking to transfers schools in the county and she had to do an interview.🤷‍♂️ She asked me if she could sleep at her mother’s last night to get a good night sleep. I’ve been hacking up a lung at night, and JBCIV is usually up by 5AM. Me, being the loving and supportive spouse, said sure, no problem. Even though I think it was an excuse for her and her mom to sit on the couch, drink wine, and watch reality tv. But, I digress. So, I’m laying down asleep and about 12:30 this morning ALL THE SMOKE DETECTORS GO OFF!!! I jump out of bed looking for a fire. Kids are crying, dogs are barking. I can’t find anything! Go outside. Look on the roof. No fire or smoke. Go back inside. Get the children calmed down. Lay back down. Now it’s after 2AM.
And, wouldn’t you know it, smoke alarms go off again!😡😡😡🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Get up again. Look around, nothing. Kids are screaming and dogs are howling. I notice the humidifier I have in my room is putting out a lot of steam. My thought was this steam was tricking the smoke alarms into thinking it was actual smoke!🤦‍♂️ Get the children asleep again. I’m up because I’m coughing a lot. It was one of the worst nights of my life. But, I got a text from my wife this morning saying she slept like a baby, so I got that going for me!

I had something like that happen one time. All my smoke alarms tripped. I didn't see, smell, or feel anything. And after checking suspected one of my detectors had gone wonky. I replaced all of them. It wasn't easy finding 6 or 7 of the same model smoke alarm to put in my house... and I figure it happened because they were around 10 years old. Which reminds me, I need to probably change out their batteries. And at least push that test button on one to see if it works.

It doesn’t matter. It’s the husbandly thing to do. Lol

Yes. Happy wife, happy life. Shoot. Just let us know where to send funds to and we'll pay for it. Morgan does so much for us on this site it's not even funny.

The commissioner of our Fantasy Football league issued a death sentence to our league after this year. Bickering over trades caused him to use the nuclear option. Funny how a bunch of 40-50 year olds can still behave like children. I know it can’t be fun running the show so I never have complained, always paid my money before asked and had a great 8 years.

My coworker said his FF commissioner is allowing future draft picks in trades now. So he's getting offers of 2023 FF draft picks for some of his players.
I asked him "So... you're being offered DRAFT PICKS from NEXT YEAR? From someone that might not play in a league you might not play in again?"
That doesn't make any sense at all.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'd heard that... they are/were taking beta testers in my area. I didn't want to pay $800 some odd dollars to have connectivity come and go willy nilly when they decided the network needed rebooting. Plus, at the time I had 2 people working from home that could not lose connectivity... now that requirement has disappeared since 1 died and the other moved out I don't know. Maybe I'll look into it and it's a bit more mature now.

I'm considering it... it's a maybe. How do you have your antenna positioned and the power supply for it and all that? How do you keep it from getting messed up by the weather? Or is it indoors placed by a window? I'm curious to know, thanks.

We did something similar with DirecTV and Dish Network. DirecTv raised our rates. My wife called and said "Why!" and they lowered them to the original rate.
The following year they did it again. My wife called and said "WHY!" and they lowered them again.
The following year they raised rates again. My wife called and asked "Why!" They responded "because." She said "lower them." They said "No." She said "Cancel service." They said "but wait!" and she then said "Too late. You suck." And we went to Dish with the hopper and the joeys and stuff.

5 years in Dish does the same thing... raise rates, lower them when we complain. Then wouldn't lower them after the 3rd time or something. We canceled and went back to DirecTV. And got the Genie and main DVR and all that junk.

They both suck but their customer service is, by far, better than the phone company. And a dead chimpanzee is better than anything a cable company provides.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had something like that happen one time. All my smoke alarms tripped. I didn't see, smell, or feel anything. And after checking suspected one of my detectors had gone wonky. I replaced all of them. It wasn't easy finding 6 or 7 of the same model smoke alarm to put in my house... and I figure it happened because they were around 10 years old. Which reminds me, I need to probably change out their batteries. And at least push that test button on one to see if it works.

Yes. Happy wife, happy life. Shoot. Just let us know where to send funds to and we'll pay for it. Morgan does so much for us on this site it's not even funny.

My coworker said his FF commissioner is allowing future draft picks in trades now. So he's getting offers of 2023 FF draft picks for some of his players.
I asked him "So... you're being offered DRAFT PICKS from NEXT YEAR? From someone that might not play in a league you might not play in again?"
That doesn't make any sense at all.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Antennae is just mounted on the roof, came with everything needed to make sure it remained sealed. No issues with the elements.

I'm curious did you determine it to be the humidifier? That's a lot of steam going up if so or did you have a delinquent break into your house and just hold a lighter up to the smoke detector a few times then go run out and giggle in the bushes?

Thread titles that end in “…”

sorry not sorry.

Insurance: call the doc
Doc: call the lab
Lab: call the doc

Me: 🤬

This cold/flu thing that’s going around sucks ass

Back